Back to Greedy Algorithms, Minimum Spanning Trees, and Dynamic Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Greedy Algorithms, Minimum Spanning Trees, and Dynamic Programming by Stanford University

The primary topics in this part of the specialization are: greedy algorithms (scheduling, minimum spanning trees, clustering, Huffman codes) and dynamic programming (knapsack, sequence alignment, optimal search trees)....

RG

Apr 27, 2020

I learned more about Greedy Algorithms and Algorithms to compute MST's and their importance on real world problems. Also I got to start to understand Dynamic Programming in a way I didn't before.

AB

Apr 23, 2020

Like the other courses in this specialization, the material is interesting and coherent. The pace is not fast enough to get lost and not so slow to insult your intelligence. I enjoyed it a lot!

26 - 50 of 119 Reviews for Greedy Algorithms, Minimum Spanning Trees, and Dynamic Programming

By Charles H

Jan 29, 2019

Some assigments are really difficult. Often I was glad to read some tips in the forum. But the course is definitely challenging and makes you learn many things.

By 谷心洋

Mar 11, 2020

Great course overall, but the problem sets are short of answers or explanations, so sometimes I feel really hard to understander some questions.

By Alexey Z

Mar 11, 2020

A bit more difficult course comparing to the first two parts. Be prepared to spend more times on problem solving and programming assignments.

By Johnathan F

Jan 14, 2018

I love Tim's excitement for algorithms. He really stands out as a quality teacher in his selection of content, explanations and enthusiasm.

By Shiv K

Oct 16, 2017

Fantastic course that covered a good variety of content in sufficient details and delves into the fundamentals without sacrificing clarity.

By Ameen J

Feb 09, 2017

I love how clear the videos (and notes) are and re-watching them really helped a lot! I wish there was more discussion on the forms though!

By Subodh C

Sep 23, 2017

A more explanatory answer sheet would be helpful. Might need to be secured via limited time login session to avoid leaking on the web.

By Quentin A

May 06, 2017

Outstanding course. Prof. Roughgarden is enthusiastic. The lectures, programming problems, and readings build a solid understanding.

By Cole F

Mar 12, 2018

More difficult than previous sections of the course, but thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to the final iteration of this series!

By Qinghua Z

Nov 23, 2017

I like this course, though some programming assignments takes me much time. It worth doing it. I learn a lot from this course.

By Ricardo D

Jan 01, 2019

Great Pace - good examples - always going to the point - clear and providing good info in regards to the subject in study.

By Brande G

Jul 03, 2018

A great course, likewise the other courses in the series. It is probably the best series of algorithmic thinking courses.

By Sriram V

Sep 06, 2020

This specialization gets harder and harder. But the instructor is amazing and the course is designed beautifully.

By Genyu Z

Aug 21, 2019

It's nice. Teacher can give me inspirations from different point of views, which teaches me a lot. Thanks!

By Garrett S

Jan 16, 2019

Great material and love the professor, Tim. Some quiz questions are tricky, but liked it overall.

By Yifan Z

Feb 18, 2018

This part is much harder to understand than the previous parts, but it's salutary actually.

By Bhabaranjan P

Mar 25, 2017

I am really satisfied by the course .....just love the lecture and slides too :) .....

By Yuanzhan W

May 14, 2019

This course is harder than the previous two in the specialization but equally fun.

By Omkar K J

Jul 03, 2020

Great Course, and a great Instructor, explains the granularity of and Algorithm

By Luiz C

Apr 08, 2018

Tim Roughgarden manages to turn a dry topic like "Algos" into a sexy hot one!!

By Rickard A

Jul 27, 2020

Good course! programming assignments were the most challenging but fun part!

By tao L

Jan 10, 2018

Very useful in the product env, but still need more time to understand more

By Nitish P

Oct 02, 2017

Dynamic Programming is much more clear to me after watching these lectures.

By Fernando J

Jul 14, 2017

It was a great course, I really want to thank Tim for another great work.

By Jesse D

Sep 08, 2018

The most difficult course in the specialization so far. I learned a lot.