Back to Algorithms on Graphs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms on Graphs by University of California San Diego

If you have ever used a navigation service to find optimal route and estimate time to destination, you've used algorithms on graphs. Graphs arise in various real-world situations as there are road networks, computer networks and, most recently, social networks! If you're looking for the fastest time to get to work, cheapest way to connect set of computers into a network or efficient algorithm to automatically find communities and opinion leaders in Facebook, you're going to work with graphs and algorithms on graphs. In this course, you will first learn what a graph is and what are some of the most important properties. Then you'll learn several ways to traverse graphs and how you can do useful things while traversing the graph in some order. We will then talk about shortest paths algorithms — from the basic ones to those which open door for 1000000 times faster algorithms used in Google Maps and other navigational services. You will use these algorithms if you choose to work on our Fast Shortest Routes industrial capstone project. We will finish with minimum spanning trees which are used to plan road, telephone and computer networks and also find applications in clustering and approximate algorithms....

CS
Jun 30, 2019

Excellent Course for anyone looking to expertise Graph Algorithm. Professor's explained each problem and algorithm in a very easy to learn approach. Grades are tough and yet func to get challenged.

CC
Oct 6, 2018

Good balance between theory and practice. The assignments are well thought to measure the understanding of videos, which I had to watch many times to grasp the hidden tips from the instructor.

301 - 320 of 320 Reviews for Algorithms on Graphs

By Radim V

Jun 7, 2017

For those who passed previous two courses in this Specialization, this course will probably be easy to pass, even if you aim at 100%. I liked the programming assignments, did not like videos that much. Used to find myself watching different explanations from the Web. On the other hand, if you want to absorb all stuff presented here, this course is not too easy IMHO.

By Jingying Z

I like the syllabus and the homework but honestly the video can be confusing at many times. The very long explanation does not really explain the algorithms well, and I need to search for other online resource(s) which describes the algorithm in less than 5 min but does a far more better job.

By Nikita P

Jul 12, 2017

Всё хорошо, но есть задачи, где (например) формат ввода накладывает ограничения на максимальную эффективность. Например, нет никакого смысла писать DSU для Крускала, если только ввод данных займёт n^2

By Pancerny M

Apr 21, 2020

Good, challenging tasks and set of topics to learn. Great discussions on the forum. I don't like some of the lectures where pseudocode is just read by the lecturer.

By Prakhar A

Jul 1, 2020

I am really frustrated after doing the assignments. I have done lot of stress testing but when I submit my code, it shows wrong answer.

By Мозоленко В К

Aug 26, 2019

Last 2 weeks is a nightmare. Don't try to place 8 weeks in 2 anymore, please.

By Pengchong L

Mar 18, 2019

The lecture is pretty much scripted from the DPV book...

By Tarek S

Aug 13, 2019

programming assignments were too difficult

By Venkata S R M

Jul 12, 2020

the faculty reads the slides and miss a couple of points here and there. The course structure is meticulous and if you can self-tutor based on the course material and other resources this is a very good course overall.

By CHANDRA S K

Jul 21, 2020

I am sorry professor but, the professor from the 5th-week class was not understandable.

I have to look for other resources to get the basics of the Kruskal and prim algorithm.

By Araslanova A

Mar 24, 2017

Читается по Кормену. Книгу понять быстрее, чем прослушать весь курс. Материала в книге больше. Задачки полезные, можно брать отсюда

By Sherif W

Jun 6, 2016

Course was to easy and nothing new in it not as the description that it has algorithms 100000 times faster than google.

By Isaiah L

Apr 12, 2017

Far too easy

By Евгений С

Nov 23, 2020

I started this a couple of days ago and have been doing it hard as part of my specialization. I have only one quiz left and on November 23, a deadline suddenly came, despite the fact that I devoted a lot of time to the course and in fact completed it in two days. I have completely closed all 6 courses for specialization except for one quiz of 6 questions in week 4. Now someone has decided that the next set is only in half a year, seriously? All I need is to go through an automatic check of 6 questions without human control and get my cherished certificate. But it turns out that I wasted money? What is worth extending the course? I cannot wait that long and pay extra money. Could the moderators somehow influence this by informing people who can help?

By Alireza Z

Feb 18, 2021

This is a learning course and not a contest, so if a submission fails, you should show the students what went wrong.

You are not helping students by not telling them what they should be looking for in their code and it will just make the students discouraged and confused.

By Nikhil C

Jan 29, 2020

my course is still locked .I want to submit solutions for practice and want to get the certificate as soon as possible,but I don't know why the instructor is not unlocking the course

By Yuriy

Jan 31, 2020

Programing assignment were failed without explanation what was wrong.

By Ahmed M

Jun 6, 2020

first two weeks were good

after that it became just slides reading

By WeichuDuan

Aug 7, 2017

no support, no one answer questions

By ABHINAV K