Back to Algorithms, Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part I by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

RM
May 31, 2017

This is a great class. I learned / re-learned a ton. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. The programming environment and automated grading system were excellent.

RP
Jun 10, 2017

Incredible learning experience. Every programmer in industry should take this course if only to dispel the idea that with the advent of cloud computing exponential algorithms can still ruin your day!

301 - 325 of 1,669 Reviews for Algorithms, Part I

By Kerry B

Jun 20, 2017

This is an amazing course and it opened my eyes to seeing algorithms in a different perspective. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to learn algorithms or to optimize their own.

By Tanu S

Jun 24, 2020

Course is very good with in-depth knowledge of the topics that are being discussed but the reading material needs to be improved as it is quite complicated to understand for the first time

By Лабинцев А И

Oct 31, 2019

It`s fundamental course, I think every programmer must know basic algorithms and data structures. Java programming model as simple as python or js, so recieved skill will be useful anyway.

By ranjithraj d

Sep 24, 2017

Great program.! I pursued lots of tectonics and ideas in one place. Well organized materials and practical implementation of algorithm assignment makes us happy to involve in this program.

By Boris K

This was a great class. I learned a ton of new information. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. I 'am going to take second class Algorithm, Part II.

By Prajjwal J

Aug 20, 2020

"Remind me again why I'm trying to check if 4 points line on a straight line or not?" - Me, at 3 in the morning.

"Where is Week 7?" - Me, after completing the course with a perfect score.

By Ben

Jul 19, 2019

This a challenging and rewarding course. The exercises include a ready project some of them with visualization clients and tests ready and that helps a lot. I can't wait to start part 2

By Ishwar N

Sep 12, 2017

Learning algorithm has been experience of life time. Content of the course is well thought and structured. Thank you Princeton University for making these videos available free of cost.

By Szymon D

Jun 26, 2017

One of the best learning experiences in my life. Very demanding, yet so rewarding. Thank you prof Sedgewick for wonderful lectures and thank you prof Wayne for amazing assignments !

By Parham

May 17, 2018

This is one of the courses on Coursera that changed how I looked at problem solving in computer programming at a massive degree! My sincere thanks to all those who made this happen :)

By blader

Apr 8, 2018

This course is highly interesting and requires really rarely background in programming.The assignments is extremely fun and give a lot of insight when you crack it.Highly recommended.

By Brighton A

Jul 8, 2018

Amazing course! Would highly recommend to anyone looking to get a good fundamental grasp of common and essential algorithms. Videos are great and the assignments are highly relevant.

By Jeff M

Dec 31, 2017

very well thought out course. The lecture notes, quizes, assignments and videos are all great. If it is your first time or if you just want to brush up, this is an excellent course.

By Gil F

Sep 16, 2017

High quality materials, great explanations on the algorithms and also interesting assignments. Also the code examples are really very high quality code. All in all really excellent.

By Anas R

Sep 13, 2020

This course is excellent! I have learned many things, especially the efficiency of algorithms thanks to those heavy testings. I enjoyed the experience, looking up for more. Thanks!

By Vastera M

Jan 30, 2021

This home task part is so wonderful, it makes me immerse in the course more and enable me to check my understanding of the content. The teacher is very professional and expertise.

By Mohit S

Dec 30, 2020

This course is amazing with the POV of a java developer who is literally working to make the fastest techniques to solve problems. Love this course and would recommend it any day.

By kysilivan

Mar 6, 2020

Very interesting course, practical tasks. I liked that it was not too much math and boring theore, but rather focus on practical/applicable aspect of algorithms and their usage.

By Aaron L

Sep 18, 2017

I learned so much taking this course. The lectures are clear and concise. Well presented material and ideas. This is probably the best course that I've taken on Coursera so far.

By Kang-Hua W

Aug 28, 2017

Best course on coursera. The part 2 of this course has in process for more than 1 year. I am guessing coursera has not been putting effort on part 2 since it is a free course.

By Johny T K

Aug 31, 2020

Doesn't matter if you are a beginner or an experienced Professional in programming. You need to go through this course. It will change the way you approach and solve problems

By Severiano J Q

Oct 8, 2019

Amazing course with great material for free! I have learned more in this free course than in other non-free courses. I am ready to start with the second part of the course :)

By Dileep K S

Aug 30, 2020

Exceptionally well-designed course with all the essential concepts covered. Assignments are pretty challenging and require good computing skills along with Java programming.

By andrhua

Apr 7, 2019

Very impressive attention to details, nice visual demos that really helps to understand material. A bunch of interview problems material, as well as real world applications.