Back to Algorithms, Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part I by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

RM
May 31, 2017

This is a great class. I learned / re-learned a ton. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. The programming environment and automated grading system were excellent.

RP
Jun 10, 2017

Incredible learning experience. Every programmer in industry should take this course if only to dispel the idea that with the advent of cloud computing exponential algorithms can still ruin your day!

351 - 375 of 1,669 Reviews for Algorithms, Part I

By Mariia K

Sep 19, 2018

The best Algorithms course. The explanations are absolutely clear, dozens of learning materials are available. Absolutely love this course and recommend taking it.

By Panas A A

Nov 29, 2020

This is the best course that I ever passed. I knew a lof new algorithms and improved my skills in algorithmic thinking. Now I understand how work main algorithms.

By Logan J

Feb 27, 2018

Best course on algorithms I've ever taken. The teachers taught very well and the programming assignments were challenging while allowing me to learn the material.

By Paolo C

Sep 6, 2017

The course has assignements of exceptional quality. Examples of how to approach programming problems with algorithmic awareaness are instructive and stimulating.

By 袁欣迎

Apr 15, 2019

Algorithm is the useful ,effective for solving problems in the real life. And I really like what the teacher the Java language.Hope Everyone can see the course!

By Jiaoxuan L

Jan 15, 2019

Well structured course with very helpful quiz questions and homework to enhance the understanding of each week's content. I learned a lot throughout the course.

By Pawel M

Mar 25, 2018

This course is very informative. Programming assignments are challenging and not trivial thus giving a general idea about applications of basic data structures.

By Nicolas F

Jul 15, 2019

Great course. Only thing that was not perfect (for me) : Java language...

Hope to participate to Algorithms Part II soon. But not now :-)

Thanks to the teachers.

By Brennan L

Jan 17, 2021

A fascinating course that has helped me to understand and appreciate algorithms and guided me towards choosing to pursue a computer science degree in college.

By Sergey Z

Jun 23, 2019

Awesome, I'd recommend it for everybody related to programming from Computer Science students to Engineers who has some gaps in algorithms and data structures

By Левон Т

Jan 1, 2018

I think, this is the best course for beginners, and professional developers who want to refresh their knowledge in fundamental algorithms.

Thanks for authors.

By O H L

Dec 18, 2017

The specification, checklist, lecture slides and lecture videos are excellent and save me tons of time when it comes to completing the assignments. Thank you!

By Abdelrahman A

Mar 27, 2020

I loved this course. My first time to complete an online course from A to Z. I have learnt al a lot of stuff which I was curios about. Thank you Prof Robert!

By ANUBHAB B

Sep 21, 2019

You may learn many programing language but it will be just like learning the name of the strings of a guitar..... learning algorithms makes you a rock-star.

By Strokina A

Aug 30, 2019

From the standpoint of my experience as a java-developer admit this course is extremely useful for all java-developers, except for ... nobody - for everyone!

By Natalie

Feb 25, 2017

Great course. It is the best Algorithm course I have ever seen. Lectures with amazing animations are very enjoyable. Cannot wait for the Algorithms Part II.

By Vasily S

Sep 16, 2020

Отличный курс. Даже если знакомы с теорией алгоритмов, то неплохо подоходит чтобы освежить знания или подчерпнуть интересные идеи в дополнительных заданиях.

By Santiago A

Sep 16, 2016

One of the best courses I have taken Coursera, edX or any MOOC provider. I will definately follow the algorithm path (Alg I, Alg II, Analysis of Algorithms)

By Jinyang L

Apr 6, 2020

The small quiz after each course and the programming assignment every week both provide an excellent opportunity for practice. A carefully designed course!

Sep 20, 2020

The instruction was very informative and clear. The assignments were creative and difficult enough, but to the point of struggle. Overall very good class.

By Egor D

Oct 26, 2019

Amazing course, basically everything is almost perfect, from the lectures and presentation to the assignments.

Thanks a lot to the creators for their work.

By Omar S

Mar 25, 2018

This course is very useful, it helped me a lot to grasp a lot of algorithms and data structure concepts. Really rich material and awesome Prof. thank you.

By Saumil S

Jan 21, 2017

One of the best courses on Coursera. Elegantly explained concepts and detailed material makes this course a must-do for every Computer Science enthusiast.

By Tanmay G

Dec 25, 2016

The course was very good. The content was explained well. The assignments were the best part. Looking forward to completing the second part of the course.

By 刘柯

Mar 9, 2020

Best data structure and algorithm class for beginners! The assignments are difficult, so it will be better if you have mastered one programming language.