Back to Algorithms, Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part I by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

RM
May 31, 2017

This is a great class. I learned / re-learned a ton. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. The programming environment and automated grading system were excellent.

RP
Jun 10, 2017

Incredible learning experience. Every programmer in industry should take this course if only to dispel the idea that with the advent of cloud computing exponential algorithms can still ruin your day!

1776 - 1796 of 1,796 Reviews for Algorithms, Part I

By Israel P

Jun 23, 2021

A strong java background is needed, there is no much documentation about algs4 package

Jun 29, 2018

its okay-ish...the teacher should use a blackboard..its a better way to teach.

By SHAIK M A

Oct 6, 2021

AFTER COMPLETING THIS COURSE SUCCESSFULLY BUT I DIDNT GET MY CERTICATE

By Tanmay s

Jun 29, 2019

nice and very useful to understand the programming

By Tilak M

Jul 15, 2017

Not very helpful for competitive programming

By Adnan k

certificate is not there..

By ilpan

By Siddamshetti A

Jun 5, 2020

By Joshua L

Jan 13, 2021

I spent hours trying to setup my Intellji environment. No help on the web whatsoever. Course material seemed great, but the instructions for the programming were non-existent.

By Priyansh D

Dec 24, 2020

The instructor has a very bad speech problem I guess. Before every word, he speaks 'uh', 'ah' 'uhh'.

Very irritating.

By Devendran R

Jan 26, 2018

dumbest lectures, assignments are good..

By ATUL A

Apr 9, 2020

Not suitable for me

By Petros Y

Feb 4, 2021

Too much time to setup and no explanation on how to use the algorithms in Java. It just tells you to import the package. The discussions do not help much either. I'm a CS student at a state school and found this way too confusing. The only value in this course appears to be the videos but definitely NOT the exercises. It may suit other learning styles but not mine.

By Sujith V

Apr 22, 2020

very bad and i didin't get my certificate even after completing the course

By Yash P M

Sep 22, 2020

I didn't the certificate after completed the course.

By Alexandra G

Oct 6, 2020

Does not let me unenroll

By Nishanth B