Back to Algorithms, Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part I by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

RM

Jun 01, 2017

This is a great class. I learned / re-learned a ton. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. The programming environment and automated grading system were excellent.

RP

Jun 11, 2017

Incredible learning experience. Every programmer in industry should take this course if only to dispel the idea that with the advent of cloud computing exponential algorithms can still ruin your day!

226 - 250 of 1,477 Reviews for Algorithms, Part I

By Danut P

Sep 06, 2016

I'm taking this for the second time to strengthen my knowledge. The course is one of the best I've taking online in the past few years. This is one of the courses I would pay money for because it is very valuable to me.

By sky S

Jun 17, 2020

The only one Algorithms you should take if you never learn CS before. The tasks are hard, however, as a beginner, you can still learn how the greatest computer scientists think when they code. This sense helps a lot.

By Andi S

Aug 22, 2019

What I like the most about this course is that it not only pays attention to the algorithm efficiency but also to the best coding practices in the industry. I highly recommend it even for professionals with experience.

By Denys O

Feb 06, 2017

This is perfect course. I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to get basic experience in data structures and algorithms. Thanks to professors Robert Sedgewick, professor Kevin Wayne and all who made it available.

By chenying

This coure is amazing! Although the assignments are challenging, they are quite related to real-life problems. And there are Discussion Forums that everyone can post questions and answers which is quite useful for me!

By Prashant S

Mar 04, 2019

Loved this course I'd make the test cases available to the students, but other than that, no other improvements. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone interested in CS fundamentals or for folks that want a refresher.

By Bharath K B K

Mar 30, 2020

Professors Wayne and Sedgewick have prepared a wonderfull course. Though it was difficult to keep up with the pace, I am glad i did.

Many many thanks for this opportunity to learn these important concepts and usage.

By Rama N N

Jan 25, 2018

Excellent course to understand the basics of Algorithms and data structures. The instructors have put a lot of effort into the contents and the assignments of this course. Thank you so much for the amazing lectures!

By Todd S

Oct 20, 2016

Great lectures, great programming assignments and grading, overall I really enjoyed this course. I tried to get through it 2 other times and finally had the time & patience to do it and I'm so glad I did. Thank you!

By Новоселов И Е

May 27, 2018

Aside from a properly given material this course has a very thorough automated unit-testing tool when submitting your homework. I personally consider this as a huge advantage over the peer-review based courses.

By Peter D

Jun 13, 2017

Phenomenal Course. I've learned so much about algorithms in the course; no doubt about it.

The assignments are really engaging and have real world applications. They have made be a better overall programmer.

By Tomasz G

Oct 29, 2017

Excellent course - especially the problem sets! I wish, however, there was an option for obtaining a certificate. Some people might not take this class due to this very issue and I think it would be a shame.

By Michael G

Aug 16, 2017

Very good course especially if you already know a bit of Java. I had enough programming experience to complete the course but it was rough the first couple of weeks having to teach myself Java along with it.

By rocky O

Dec 07, 2018

Excellent! Highly recommend to people who want to study algorithms. Though the assignments may be very challenge to you, you can get support on the forum and it's really worth taking your time finish them .

By wyq

May 05, 2018

Good experience for reviewing data structure. The exercises are challenging for the strict performance requirements and adequate test cases. I also acquired some interesting new things like random sampling.

By Irmak C

Jul 14, 2017

Graded exercises and final exam are still not migrated to new platform, hence they are missing. However programming assignments already take considerable amount of time, therefore cannot complain about it.

By Mengfei W

Jul 08, 2018

Certainly recommend this course to anyone who's new to algorithm. The autograder is very powerful! Once you understand how to pinpoint the error via autograder, your debugging process will be very smooth!

By Phuc K N

Nov 10, 2017

Gives sufficient understanding of algorithms to go forward. Problems are difficult enough to test programming skills. Would love to see the final exam and exercises being migrated from the old platform.

By LOUIS L G

Nov 01, 2017

few people would like to read an algorithm book, this course transfer those hard concepts into examples, which is more easy to be accepted. I really enjoy the progress i have made through learning this!

By Jean P M C

Sep 18, 2019

This course provided a very detailed explanation about algorithms and their practical uses.

The assigments were not easy, and were really helpful on understanding the content. A really amazing course.

By vctrl

May 12, 2018

Amazing course, greatly refined my skills! Very interesting and really challenging problems, enjoyed them so much. Thanks for hard work, and of course for that all of this materials available for free!

By PPL

Jul 15, 2017

I relearned the fundamental knowledge of algorithms and data structure through this course.

This course is well designed and has in-depth content. Besides that, the online grader system is also great!

By Aniket K

Nov 28, 2017

Best algorithm course ever seen. The assignments were awesome. Problem statements of assignments are well written. And the best thing is grading system. I loved the course and now going for part 2.

By Praveen K

May 21, 2017

Really helpful in understanding concepts in algorithms and data structures.

I would suggest if another course with similar quality has been made available for students who wish to learn Java course.

By Hermawan M

May 10, 2019

The best online course I've taken so far. The autograder really does its job! The tests are so thorough that it always takes me several attempts to finish an assignment, but it is always worth it!