Back to Algorithms, Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part I by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

RM
May 31, 2017

This is a great class. I learned / re-learned a ton. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. The programming environment and automated grading system were excellent.

BJ
Jun 2, 2018

Good contents and the logic of the whole course structure is very clear for a novice like me. The weekly homework is also awesome. Would recommend to anyone who wants to learn about computer science.

301 - 325 of 1,706 Reviews for Algorithms, Part I

By Ivan M

Dec 17, 2017

Very clear and good course. Highly recommended. Besides learning about algorithms you'll learn about clean, clear and bug free code as well because of the very strict and high grading criteria.

By jaipalreddy

Jun 9, 2020

The course is good and the concepts are clear to understand. Best course to choose if you want to learn Algorithms completely. Each and every concept is explained with good number of examples.

By Yuvraj S

Aug 21, 2018

This Algorithms, Part 1 course is excellent. The best thing in the course was the autograder which tests assignment submissions very thoroughly and this really improved my programming skills.

By Стойко С

Apr 19, 2020

The course itself is excellent, but the assignments are where it really shines! They are very challenging but incredibly well-thought, and the feeling after solving them is greatly rewarding!

By Рожко А С

Sep 13, 2019

It would be nice if the authors decided to refresh the media materials a little bit, nevertheless it is extremely interesting and useful course with challenging but thrilling practice tasks.

By Jared M

Jul 24, 2017

fantastic intro course to start exploring the world of 'real' programming, with a focus on memory and clever processing, this gives you the first steps on the way to more powerful programming

By Amir J

Nov 17, 2020

In case you are new to computer algorithms this course is for you. The instructor is just perfect and the course difficulty is average, not difficult nor easy. I learned abit java as well :)

By Erin G

May 22, 2019

Extremely high quality content with clear explanations provided in a sensible order. I just wish Coursera would migrate the exercises so that I could have some more content alined practice.

By Kerry B

Jun 20, 2017

This is an amazing course and it opened my eyes to seeing algorithms in a different perspective. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to learn algorithms or to optimize their own.

By zippityflop

May 6, 2021

Excellent course and materials. Wonderful videos from a legend in the field. The programming assignments are challenging- I wouldn't advise learning java as you go along with this course.

By Tanu S

Jun 24, 2020

Course is very good with in-depth knowledge of the topics that are being discussed but the reading material needs to be improved as it is quite complicated to understand for the first time

By Лабинцев А И

Oct 31, 2019

It`s fundamental course, I think every programmer must know basic algorithms and data structures. Java programming model as simple as python or js, so recieved skill will be useful anyway.

By ranjithraj d

Sep 24, 2017

Great program.! I pursued lots of tectonics and ideas in one place. Well organized materials and practical implementation of algorithm assignment makes us happy to involve in this program.

By Boris K

This was a great class. I learned a ton of new information. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. I 'am going to take second class Algorithm, Part II.

By Prajjwal J

Aug 20, 2020

"Remind me again why I'm trying to check if 4 points line on a straight line or not?" - Me, at 3 in the morning.

"Where is Week 7?" - Me, after completing the course with a perfect score.

By elfie r

Apr 27, 2021

Really enjoyed the learning from completing the assignments. Great visualizations for concepts in the lectures, and learnt a lot more about Java than I thought I would from this course.

By Ben

Jul 19, 2019

This a challenging and rewarding course. The exercises include a ready project some of them with visualization clients and tests ready and that helps a lot. I can't wait to start part 2

By Ishwar N

Sep 12, 2017

Learning algorithm has been experience of life time. Content of the course is well thought and structured. Thank you Princeton University for making these videos available free of cost.

By Szymon D

Jun 26, 2017

One of the best learning experiences in my life. Very demanding, yet so rewarding. Thank you prof Sedgewick for wonderful lectures and thank you prof Wayne for amazing assignments !

By Parham

May 17, 2018

This is one of the courses on Coursera that changed how I looked at problem solving in computer programming at a massive degree! My sincere thanks to all those who made this happen :)

By blader

Apr 8, 2018

This course is highly interesting and requires really rarely background in programming.The assignments is extremely fun and give a lot of insight when you crack it.Highly recommended.

By Brighton A

Jul 8, 2018

Amazing course! Would highly recommend to anyone looking to get a good fundamental grasp of common and essential algorithms. Videos are great and the assignments are highly relevant.

By Jeff M

Dec 31, 2017

very well thought out course. The lecture notes, quizes, assignments and videos are all great. If it is your first time or if you just want to brush up, this is an excellent course.

By Gil F

Sep 16, 2017

High quality materials, great explanations on the algorithms and also interesting assignments. Also the code examples are really very high quality code. All in all really excellent.