Back to Algorithms, Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part I by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

RM
May 31, 2017

This is a great class. I learned / re-learned a ton. The assignments were challenge and left a definite feel of accomplishment. The programming environment and automated grading system were excellent.

BJ
Jun 2, 2018

Good contents and the logic of the whole course structure is very clear for a novice like me. The weekly homework is also awesome. Would recommend to anyone who wants to learn about computer science.

301 - 325 of 1,780 Reviews for Algorithms, Part I

By Phuc K N

Nov 9, 2017

Gives sufficient understanding of algorithms to go forward. Problems are difficult enough to test programming skills. Would love to see the final exam and exercises being migrated from the old platform.

By LOUIS L G

Oct 31, 2017

few people would like to read an algorithm book, this course transfer those hard concepts into examples, which is more easy to be accepted. I really enjoy the progress i have made through learning this!

By Jean P M C

Sep 17, 2019

This course provided a very detailed explanation about algorithms and their practical uses.

The assigments were not easy, and were really helpful on understanding the content. A really amazing course.

By vctrl

May 12, 2018

Amazing course, greatly refined my skills! Very interesting and really challenging problems, enjoyed them so much. Thanks for hard work, and of course for that all of this materials available for free!

By PPL

Jul 14, 2017

I relearned the fundamental knowledge of algorithms and data structure through this course.

This course is well designed and has in-depth content. Besides that, the online grader system is also great!

By Aniket K

Nov 28, 2017

Best algorithm course ever seen. The assignments were awesome. Problem statements of assignments are well written. And the best thing is grading system. I loved the course and now going for part 2.

By Praveen K

May 20, 2017

Really helpful in understanding concepts in algorithms and data structures.

I would suggest if another course with similar quality has been made available for students who wish to learn Java course.

By Hermawan M

May 10, 2019

The best online course I've taken so far. The autograder really does its job! The tests are so thorough that it always takes me several attempts to finish an assignment, but it is always worth it!

By Aswin J S

Jun 18, 2020

It is a must for those who are having trouble with object oriented programming. Coding in java was really easy for the object oriented approach. Really gained great insights into data structures.

By Saiteja P

Sep 9, 2020

It was an wonder ful course that makes me proud and I was little disappointed that I can't get my certification after completion of it I was really tried hard to get on to so provide certificate

By Garrett H

Jul 3, 2019

Excellent course, great material and the structure of the class allowed me to learn in depth and practice independently. I also appreciated the complexity of the automated assignment evaluation.

By Ahmad H

Sep 20, 2016

The material and the teaching method are absolutely amazing. Not just a course for algorithms, but a course on "how to teach a course right" .. very thankful to the instructors and facilitators.

By Alex O

Jul 4, 2020

Had so much fun solving tasks

Exhaustive automated testing with concise output really helps to correct mistakes and get deeper understanding of tasks and algorithms

Lectures were very helpful too

By Joshua S

Jun 15, 2020

Outstanding course for new and old developers alike. The bar is set really high regarding code quality, memory footprint, timing and correctness. You will definitely learn a lot in this course.

By Chad A S

Jun 2, 2020

Great lectures. Lectures are a faster pace than most, which helped keep me engaged. Assignments are challenging yet well-polished, and the automated assignment grader provides helpful feedback.

By Ivan M

Dec 17, 2017

Very clear and good course. Highly recommended. Besides learning about algorithms you'll learn about clean, clear and bug free code as well because of the very strict and high grading criteria.

By jaipalreddy

Jun 9, 2020

The course is good and the concepts are clear to understand. Best course to choose if you want to learn Algorithms completely. Each and every concept is explained with good number of examples.

By Yuvraj S

Aug 21, 2018

This Algorithms, Part 1 course is excellent. The best thing in the course was the autograder which tests assignment submissions very thoroughly and this really improved my programming skills.

By Стойко С

Apr 19, 2020

The course itself is excellent, but the assignments are where it really shines! They are very challenging but incredibly well-thought, and the feeling after solving them is greatly rewarding!

By Рожко А С

Sep 13, 2019

It would be nice if the authors decided to refresh the media materials a little bit, nevertheless it is extremely interesting and useful course with challenging but thrilling practice tasks.

By Jared M

Jul 24, 2017

fantastic intro course to start exploring the world of 'real' programming, with a focus on memory and clever processing, this gives you the first steps on the way to more powerful programming

By Amir J

Nov 17, 2020

In case you are new to computer algorithms this course is for you. The instructor is just perfect and the course difficulty is average, not difficult nor easy. I learned abit java as well :)

By Erin G

May 22, 2019

Extremely high quality content with clear explanations provided in a sensible order. I just wish Coursera would migrate the exercises so that I could have some more content alined practice.

By Kerry B

Jun 20, 2017

This is an amazing course and it opened my eyes to seeing algorithms in a different perspective. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to learn algorithms or to optimize their own.

By zippityflop

May 6, 2021

Excellent course and materials. Wonderful videos from a legend in the field. The programming assignments are challenging- I wouldn't advise learning java as you go along with this course.