Back to Algorithms, Part II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part II by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

IO
Jan 20, 2018

Pretty challenging course, but very good. Having a book is a must (at least it was for me), video lectures complement book nicely, and some topics are explained better in the Algorithms, 4th ed. book.

MS
Feb 27, 2021

Essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations.

51 - 75 of 281 Reviews for Algorithms, Part II

By Guibao W

Aug 16, 2019

The ideas are clear and inspiring, the courseware well designed, the programming assignments educational. There are technical interview questions in each section, so definitely needed for fresh job candidates:-)

By Gevorg M

Jun 7, 2020

Very nice course covering a range of important algorithms and concepts. Well paced and right amount of challenging, interview questions are spectacular, and some of the assignments are very interesting.

By Sehrob I

This was a fantastic material and for free! So, thanks so much prof. Robert Sedgwick for this invaluable lessons and many thanks Coursera guys for the opportunity! I'm happy I've found these courses.

By Mohit S

Feb 28, 2021

By Anil K

Apr 17, 2019

Amazing course! Loved the theory and exercises! Just a note for others: Its part 1 had almost no dependency on book, but this part 2 has some dependency (e.g. chapter on Graph) on book as well.

By Xiaoyu Z

Feb 8, 2020

As always, I learned a lot from the courses from Professor Robert. Really great course, and I would like to recommend to anyone who is interested in programming neatly and elegantly.

By Nur C

Feb 21, 2018

Really great course, assignments are on point not too hard not too easy, i just wish that we had more courses like this, congratulations to Robert, Kevin and the staff well done.

By Potter

Sep 26, 2019

After learning this course, I found I was never learnt to write a meaningful program before. You let me to think in different way with a more broaden horizon. Thank you all !

By Hongsun K

Mar 5, 2020

This was a great overview of more advanced algorithms, and I also got to prep for interviews and use concepts in actual work. The theory at the end was very helpful as well

By Bank E

Oct 19, 2020

The exercise, while is very hard, is very well-prepared and selected for students to understand and appreciate the algorithm. The explanation is descriptive and detailed.

By Erik U

Jun 9, 2021

Another great course and perfect follow-up to Algorithms Part 1. I liked that we used the algorithms built in the first part to make other powerful algorithms and tools.

By Jiaoxuan L

Mar 4, 2019

Rich content. Liked the teaching style as well. But wish that it had an as-strong supporting system as Part I's and mentors/fellow students could answer more questions.

By Cihan C

Feb 28, 2018

Prof. Sedgewick does an amazing job in explaining the mechanics of the fundamental algorithms and data structures. I have thoroughly enjoyed this course (and Part I).

By Pankaj C

Feb 9, 2018

Awesome course. Helped me understand graph better. The API is simple and effective. I implemented the whole API and have been using it in my other graph solutions

By Prajjwal J

Aug 30, 2020

"Remind me again why I'm trying to figure out if Detroit was eliminated back in American League '96" - me, at 4:00 AM

"Where is Week 7?" me, a few days later.

By Luigi S

Mar 5, 2020

I wrote my review on Linkedin. Thank you very much for the great course ! https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/algorithms-part-ii-mission-accomplished-luigi-selmi/

By Hermawan M

May 31, 2019

This is an excellent course as an introduction to algorithms. Together with part 1, the Princeton Algorithms series is the best MOOC course I've ever done.

By Mallasamudram P A

Jun 30, 2019

Dr. Sedgewick is simply amazing. I enjoy how he motivates the need for efficient algorithms and applications. I only wish he would offer more courses!

By Edwins L P

Nov 24, 2019

Excellent course and materials about algorithms and data structures. Very challenging exercises that make you think hard to achieve the passing score.

By Tatiana D

Mar 20, 2019

Complex concepts in plain language. Challenging and interesting practice exercises. Without them it's impossible to fully understand theoretical part.

By Tom G

Apr 27, 2018

Excellent follow-on from Part I - covers additional algorithms in depth and the excellent examples really help to learn and understand the material.

By Ignacio A

Mar 4, 2018

Every single programming assignment was both challenging and fun. I learned really good algorithms and overall I feel I'm a better Software Engineer

By Simin L

Feb 9, 2020

Completed Algorithms I and II. Great course for students to learn data structures is a systematically way! Could be used in my research directly.

By liuyaqiu

Dec 22, 2018

This course is challenging but interesting. The homework is hard but valuable. Recommend this course for everyone who gets start to algorithm.

By Vadim

Sep 25, 2020

Very informative and well structured course. Assignments are interesting and non-trivial solutions are required to achieve 100% completion.