Back to Algorithms, Part II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithms, Part II by Princeton University

This course covers the essential information that every serious programmer needs to know about algorithms and data structures, with emphasis on applications and scientific performance analysis of Java implementations. Part I covers elementary data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. Part II focuses on graph- and string-processing algorithms. All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

IO

Jan 21, 2018

Pretty challenging course, but very good. Having a book is a must (at least it was for me), video lectures complement book nicely, and some topics are explained better in the Algorithms, 4th ed. book.

AK

Apr 17, 2019

Amazing course! Loved the theory and exercises! Just a note for others: Its part 1 had almost no dependency on book, but this part 2 has some dependency (e.g. chapter on Graph) on book as well.

26 - 50 of 239 Reviews for Algorithms, Part II

By Khramov A

Great thanks to everyone who developed this wonderful course!

Good balanced theory and practice. Very much appreciated the ability to check correctness and effectiveness of performed programming assignments via autograder. Also thanks to everyone who discussed issues at forum. This course inspired me for further studying of other sections of computer science.

By Jakub C

Jul 01, 2018

Professor Sedgewick is a terrific instructor and this course teaches you to implement famous algorithms to solve very interesting homework problems. Wonderful combination of more theory (Stanford algo course) with more practice (Princeton algo course). This course is rigorous too but if you take both you will see the different areas of focus.

By hardy

Nov 08, 2017

Although I have not finished this course, I feel that this course is useful for that I have learned a lot in this course, including but not limited to, basic data structure, sort algorithm, graph etc. In fact, it's better to choose Algorithms, Part One before taking this course. To sum up, this course is very very nice.

By 陈学海

Mar 02, 2018

This is a very fantastic course, it is very luck for me to have this course. I've learned a lot of things from the part1 to part2. Prof. Sedgewick and his team's work on the videos and homework design is beyond my expectation, I'm very respect for that, thanks a lot. Hope I can take more courses like this one.

By Anton H

Feb 22, 2019

Very interesting and useful course. It gave you background in the most algorithms and data structure. It had changed my mind. One notice here... The assignment some times quite challenging and some of them had taken from me about 5 days, however some of them could be really resolved during 3-5 hours. Thanks!

By Maximilian V

Aug 30, 2020

This is an absolutely fascinating course. More challenging than part I, it introduces less standard algorithms. The problem sets are a lot of fun and the teacher is as always amazing. Overall, a brilliantly executed course that is immensely interesting and helpful! Would recommend to get the book!

By Boris K

Jun 29, 2020

Putting aside from the sense of achievement in completing all the assignments, I learned a lot. Some of the assignments required coding string compression techniques, graph processing, solving games like Boggle and 8 puzzle for large problem sets, geometric problems and more.

Thanks to all of you.

By Guru K

Jan 05, 2018

Excellent course for those who are interested in improving their algorithmic thinking and programming skills. The topics covered in this course and the programming assignments not only challenged my programming skills, but renewed my confidence level to face any complex programming challenges.

By Esa H

Although I'm an experienced programmers, I benefit a lot from this course. the way that each algorithm and problem described is very straight forward. I have completed Algorithm 1 and this course and now I understand a vast amount of underlying algorithms that power today software and tools.

By Jae N

Jul 07, 2020

The instructor, Professor Sedgewick is excellent. Despite his low key approach, he nevertheless manages to exude enthusiasm for the dry subject matter. In addition, the assignments were excellent and challenging. I learned a lot from this course and I had fun doing the assignments.

By Kevin J

Jul 22, 2020

Great Course which teaches you the fundamentals of many graph, string-processing, and other algorithms. I would recommend you take part I first. I found the material interesting, and this course definitely gets me interested in studying more algorithmic theory and design.

By Son N D

Jan 06, 2019

Great course! You're going to learn about algorithms and data structures for graph and string processing. The programming assignments are really interesting and is an important part of the course. You need some familiarity with Java and the course's Java library though.

By Roger B

Jun 15, 2020

This and Algoriths, Part I are excellent courses! The lectures are clear, the exercises are challenging and rewarding. Even though a software engineer for several decades, I learnt so much. I think many in this industry would benefit from these courses.

By Michaelbear

Sep 20, 2019

This is a wonderful class which walks you through the every basic and crucial concepts of the algorithms and data structure. Really helpful! I'd recommend this course to anyone who wants to have a profound understanding of computer science.

By Hongcheng C

Jan 15, 2018

Very clear explanation

Great auxiliary materials, including programming tasks&specs&testing/evaluation environments, online documents/codes of libs, and the GREAT BOOK

Timely feedback during videos and after submissions of 'homework'

By Andrew H

Nov 25, 2019

Sometimes the homework assignments made me want to give up on the course and move on, but I have realized that I have become a better programmer than before and the homework really stretched my problem solving skills

By Guibao W

Aug 17, 2019

The ideas are clear and inspiring, the courseware well designed, the programming assignments educational. There are technical interview questions in each section, so definitely needed for fresh job candidates:-)

By Gevorg M

Jun 07, 2020

Very nice course covering a range of important algorithms and concepts. Well paced and right amount of challenging, interview questions are spectacular, and some of the assignments are very interesting.

By Sehrob I

This was a fantastic material and for free! So, thanks so much prof. Robert Sedgwick for this invaluable lessons and many thanks Coursera guys for the opportunity! I'm happy I've found these courses.

By Anil K

Apr 17, 2019

By Xiaoyu Z

Feb 08, 2020

As always, I learned a lot from the courses from Professor Robert. Really great course, and I would like to recommend to anyone who is interested in programming neatly and elegantly.

By Nur C

Feb 21, 2018

Really great course, assignments are on point not too hard not too easy, i just wish that we had more courses like this, congratulations to Robert, Kevin and the staff well done.

By Potter

Sep 26, 2019

After learning this course, I found I was never learnt to write a meaningful program before. You let me to think in different way with a more broaden horizon. Thank you all !