Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

226 - 250 of 843 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Andrea K

Jul 16, 2020

Absolutely loved these courses. It taught me so many new things about law and the quizes are phenomenal. I am thankful to have this knowledge.

By Daniel M

Mar 11, 2019

An excellent introductory course to American Law and how it differs from other legal systems around the world, particularly Civil Law systems.

By shihao z

Apr 11, 2021

I think this course let me know about some basic laws.There are so many teachers teach me,it‘s important to step to be a lawer,thanks a lot!

By Tonya S W

Dec 25, 2019

December 25, 2019

I enjoyed the law course and learned a great deal of material in a short time period. Thank you Miss Tonya S Williams MSCC-T

By Laure C

Feb 1, 2016

This is a great introduction to American Law. As a foreign lawyer, I found it both entertaining and instructive. The lecturers are excellent.

By Kathryn S

Nov 16, 2015

Very well-spoken instructors. I loved that I could go as fast or slow as I wanted in this course. I would definitely recommend this course!

By Marianne P G

Oct 27, 2015

It is a very summarized course which efficently explains the key terms and subjects that are part ofamerican law, it is quite easy to follow.

By Apolline B

Feb 12, 2021

Very good course. The explanations were explicit and I managed to understand most of the concepts without any previous knowledge of the law.

By Caroline C

Jun 19, 2020

Great course! I am particularly interested in criminal law and thought Professor Stephen Morse did an outstanding job explaining the topic.

By Serhii P

Apr 19, 2020

Good information to know, but, unfortunately, on the ground of English being not my first lang, I understood only about 70% of info provided

By Anna P

May 16, 2019

Very informative course: whether you intend to pursue a career in the legal field or would just like a better understanding of American law.

By Mia R

Aug 4, 2020

I took this course during quarantine, and it gave me an enriching academic experience. I learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed the lectures.

By Yaffed A K L

Jun 8, 2020

Fue muy interesante y me permitió expandir mis conocimientos en el derecho americano. Lo recomiendo mucho a futuros estudiantes del curso.

By Bich C L

Apr 30, 2020

Thanks to this course. I have some basic knowledge about American law and it also supports me a little bit for my job related to contract.

By Janice R

Great and very insightful introduction to the overview of the US legal system. 100% would recommend to anyone, regardless of career field

By Dawn B L

Jan 8, 2017

Good overview at a basic level to help the novice begin to understand the different types and the structure of the American legal system.

By Augusta O

Feb 11, 2016

i really love the nature of how the course was structured.well paced and i had enough time to read more on the topics and less stressful.

By Jose A

Mar 27, 2020

Great course, I am a foreign lawyer and this course helped me to understand much better the law in America and also learn new law terms.

By Shirokova E

Aug 25, 2019

Thank you for this course! The course has a good structure. It was very pleasant and interesting to study American law with this course!

By GUILBERTI A A D S

Feb 3, 2020

Excepcional. Estabelece as principais nuances do direito, principalmente para iniciantes. Quem é da área como eu terá mais facilidades.

By Karam B

Aug 28, 2018

Absolutely amazing course that is designed so that anyone of any age will successfully learn the basics and essentials of American Law.

By David C

Dec 22, 2020

It is a great introductory course for those that want to know essential parts of the law, and a great course for aspiring law students

By Is

Jan 4, 2020

It is so interesting and I enjoyed studding this course , but I am asking the way I can get my certificate thank you all the teachers!

By Kevin T

Mar 13, 2016

Very informative, very organized, easy to follow. I will recommend that my friends and family take this course if they're interested.

By Kiran P

Sep 5, 2019

This course introduce well what is American Law in first view. urge people to take this if you want to know What is American Law is?