Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

176 - 200 of 845 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Alba Z

Jul 3, 2018

It really gave me a general idea of law system and the teachers are not only trying to teach you basic knowledges, but also trying to illustrate the spirit of American law system.

By Juan S J V

Oct 1, 2017

It was an awesome course with the basic things that the american law has in order to understand a little more about how the U.S law its different and even similar to my country.

By Fernando M M

Jan 7, 2019

Very happy and thankfull to learn a little bit more about American Law. It seems like a little bit, but in fact is a great and of best quality course for sure!

By Carol C

Apr 3, 2021

This is an amazing introduction to law course. The readings provided and each week's lectures have provided easy access to the legal fields for international students like me.

By Kim P

Aug 4, 2017

I took so much away from this course. I have such a great baseline to begin studying law. Really impressed with the organization of the course and how much ground it covered.

By Sharpylo D K

Feb 1, 2021

It has been a wonderful course that I have enjoyed from the start to the end! More importantly, it has introduced me to the essence and beauty of the American Law system!

By Goh Y S

Sep 22, 2019

Really interesting introduction to American law. I like that controversial issues are brought up to provoke thinking about the pros and cons of the American legal system.

By Aura M T

Feb 17, 2018

Wonderful! Very easy to follow and comprehensible lectures. The complementary readings were very illustrative and help the viewer to better understand the video lectures.

By Crystal B

Nov 16, 2020

I really enjoyed the classes and the ability to go at my own pace as well as the format for teaching (i.e the ability to rewind the video and see the transcript as well)

By Kim A D

Nov 16, 2017

Great lessons about the different areas in U.S. law. Good starter course. I have taken a course in English Common Law with the Univ. of London in 2013 on this website.

By Stephanie M

Great introduction to the American legal system, very well taught. I appreciate that it was taught by distinguished law professors that specialize in the given system.

By Ariel P

Jan 4, 2021

I am overly pleased how well this course has taught me in very thoughtful and organized manner. Thank you to all the professors and to the University of Pennsylvania!

By Sinéad H

May 7, 2020

Great introduction to Law, I really enjoyed this and I felt like I learned something important. The instructors were great too. 100 percent worth the time and effort!

By Jorge F P M

Sep 8, 2020

Excellent course. I am a lawyer in Guatemala, but they did not teach me in the simple way that legal institutions have explained in this course. totally recommended.

By Patrick H

Nov 26, 2020

This course provides a quick introduction to major areas of American law. It is a very good starting place for beginners who wish to get up to speed very quickly.

By Horiana S

Nov 5, 2017

Great course, pragmatic and well design. I mostly appreciate the quizzes during videos as they tested your attention and made sure you got the main idea correctly.

By José A Á M

Oct 15, 2020

It was a very good course, maybe I would like to learn a little bit more about contracts, civil procedure and torts, but as an introduction was very interesting!!

By Gabriella M L

Feb 5, 2020

It was my pleasure to learn about the American law.All professors are very knowledgeable and very well know they topics.I really enjoyed all .Thank you very much!

By Yulia A

Apr 12, 2020

A good introduction for very beginners, however, you get to learn more from the course if you have been previously exposed to other systems of law. Recommended.

By Snehal P

Mar 31, 2020

All the videos were of good technical quality. The length and technical quality of the videos was optimal. All the lectures were enjoyable and well presented.

By Jamile C

Sep 18, 2020

I loved the course. It is a very complete course, rich in details and teachings. I learned a lot of new things and I will definitely take it to life. Thankful.

By Maricatherine M

Jul 25, 2020

Fantastic!!! I am a Paralegal and I have a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice. This a great course and I would recommend to anyone! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Errol F D

Great introductory course to American Law. I enjoyed the course - both the content, the organization and the delivery by the various professors. Many thanks.

By Salih D

Jan 30, 2020

thank you teachers . you guide me to great space and educate me a lot subjects it will help me in my job as a security .

Im advice every one to get this course

By Clifford P K

Jun 10, 2019

Really excellent introduction to American law. There were great readings that went along with the course too. Top notch professors and videos- I learned a lot.