Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

301 - 325 of 766 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Alvaro G E

Aug 23, 2020

Loved this course from the beginning. I would recommend it to anybody interested in the US legal system.

By Maria M d C L F

Apr 12, 2020

An excellent introductory course to better understand the foundations and specificities of American Law.

By Lee J C

Apr 10, 2018

A very useful introduction to American Law, that was delivered in a professional and appropriate manner.

By OLUKADE E I

Aug 19, 2020

it was a really insiightful and educative lecture. the lecturers explained their various sections well.

By Chandrasekharan S

Lucid lectures by all the instructors and are easy to grasp by beginners to whom the course is intended

By Júlio G L G

Feb 5, 2020

Uma ótima maneira de conhecer a partir de noções básicas o direito americano e seus ramos de aplicação.

By Olivia P

Jun 30, 2020

The lessons were engaging and easy to follow! I learned a lot; so glad I decided to take this course!

By Jaron K

Oct 2, 2019

I Liked it! It was exciting and filled with great concepts and really drove me to want to learn more!

By Takayuki U

Nov 7, 2015

This course introduced American legal system with its history and key cases in a very compact series.

By Beatriz M R N d S

May 1, 2020

i've learned so much and I am so happy to be able to finished this with a very good gread. thank you

By Joo-Chiang L

Dec 17, 2019

Excellent intro course, I learned a great deal being a complete novice. The video lectures are good.

By Claire N

Jul 24, 2017

It's a great opportunity to be introduced to the American Law system. The professors were all great!

By Angela B

Jan 16, 2020

This is a very challenging introductory course! You will gain basic understanding of American law.

By Audry C D S W

Apr 23, 2016

A course for lawyers, students of Law, and anyone interested to learn how Justice works in America.

By Francisco R

Nov 7, 2020

Great teachers, great content, schedule flexibility. It was my first course and I do recommend it.

By Julia I

Jul 26, 2020

Super helpful and I learned a lot. I feel more confident in my understanding of my rights and law.

By Laura F

Jun 5, 2020

I found the course very interesting and each of the professors explained the material really well.

By Qi W

Jun 19, 2019

very enlightening and informative. give a very clear introductory speech to the key American laws.

By Максимов Д М

Jun 22, 2018

The best way to get acquainted with American Law and find spheres of interest for future education

By Alison L

Nov 25, 2016

It's really really interesting for someone who doesn't know a lot about law and even just for fun.

By Ekaterina L

Oct 14, 2016

The course absolutely justifies its name and give a common understanding about features of US law.

By Timothy B M

Very nice overview. Instructors were clear and concise. Heck even a doctor could understand it!

By Rufus D I

Jan 10, 2016

I just finished week 1's content and wow, I've already learned a wealth of important information.

By An T

Nov 16, 2020

Superb lecturers! I wish I could attend their live lectures, although I don't specialise in law.