Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

326 - 350 of 766 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By angela t

Sep 8, 2020

While only an introduction , it has captured the most essential features of all branches of law.

By Ruxandra N F V

May 9, 2020

This is an amazing course, it helped me developed new skills and knowledge regarding this field!

By Jose A M

Oct 15, 2019

Great! Direct, objective, didactic course! Everything I needed to start my studies in this area.

By tebatso d

Aug 11, 2020

Very intriguing and well taught. The material is presented in logical form and easy to digest.

By Elizabeth H

Aug 6, 2020

I liked learning about the different types of law. It was an interesting course.

Elizabeth Hien

By Shyam H

Jun 26, 2020

Fantastic introduction. Legal scholars of many different areas teach with ease and conviction.

By Roeldi H

May 17, 2019

As a student of Law in a civil law system I found this course very educative. Totally worthy.

By Fang R

Apr 2, 2016

A very interesting course that uses case studies to learn the basic knowledge of American Law.

By Lee X Y

Dec 20, 2016

Very easy to follow and even a high school student like me can grasp the concept taught well!

By D L Z

Mar 21, 2018

Wonderful course. Very useful. Concepts explained brilliantly by the instructors. Thank you!

By DANIELLE

Dec 14, 2019

This course provides an excellent, accessible overview of the fundamentals of American law.

By Paola M C

Aug 31, 2016

It is a useful overview of what American law is and how it works. Has a practical approach.

By 杭晓睿

Sep 7, 2020

The first course here at Coursera, Had a great time, teachers were great. Awesome overall.

By Susan H

Jul 6, 2017

The professors' lectures are very helpful to guide me through the maze of US legal system.

By Maartje V M

Jul 26, 2016

Really enjoyed the different aspects of American Law. Very well explained and interesting!

By Tyler C

Jul 29, 2020

Great introduction to American Law even if you're not a law student or to-be law student!

By Keshav R

Apr 8, 2020

Awesome course! Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in learning American law!

By Emmanuelle H

Jun 4, 2017

Really easy to understand. I would have preferred if there were more practical exercices.

By Bruna M

Aug 9, 2016

Ótima didática.

Excelentes professores.

Curso dinâmico e repleto de informações relevantes.

By Dr. T O D

May 22, 2017

This is definitely an excellent pre-law course. It gives a wide overwiew to American law

By donear w

May 23, 2020

I REALLY ENJOYED ALL THE PROFESSOR, I LEARNED A LOT AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CLASS

By Jiefei H

Aug 23, 2017

I love all the professors. Their lecture are both compact and profound. Very inspiring.

By Hazuki

Nov 12, 2020

Easy to follow. Learned a lot. I would recommend this course to aspiring law students.

By HEDIA B

Oct 25, 2020

Excellent overview, very useful to understand day to day events and business in the US

By Ted W

Apr 23, 2020

very good courses introducting American law, especially for non-law backgroud learners