Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

726 - 750 of 809 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Christopher S

Jan 19, 2016

This course gives a wide view of the various aspects of American law and does so very well. I enjoyed the way each week was organized. I know that this was an introductory course but would've enjoyed a mechanism for studying some topics in more depth.

By Michael L

Feb 21, 2016

Nice overview class where you can get an introduction to different types of law. Would be nice to do a follow up course(given this seems to be a Intro to each of the First year law classes) on other areas(2nd year) etc type of law.

By Savanna A

Jul 7, 2017

Great, easy way to get familiar with a lot of different aspects of American Law. Introduces you to important topics, landmark cases, and helps you get familiar with the way that lawyers/law students talk about cases.

By M K

Jan 22, 2020

Very informative and interesting. I find law to be boring, as in I do not care it. However, this course shows that learning about law and lawyer things is quite fun and exciting.

great professor

By Orit Y

Apr 10, 2016

Excellent introduction to basic concepts in American law. Very clear lectures that are given by different faculty members for each topic. Easy to digest information even for non-lawyer types!

By 黄伊琳

Aug 11, 2016

This is a good course for beginners, but I already have a law degree, so it's too simple for me, I thought there will be some differences between Civil law and Common law, but ...

By Moshe

May 13, 2020

I didn't know anything about law before I began this course, after going through this course I feel like i have the basics down pat (although it feels like the very basics).

By Laurna M

Nov 10, 2015

I have enjoyed the course immensely so far and have now decided to return to college to study law. Thank you for providing such an excellent introduction to American Law.

By Sujata V

Sep 27, 2020

The course is well designed and effective at giving the learner a glimpse of American Law. The founding principles of American Law have been very clearly laid out.

By Kamil O

Jun 5, 2020

That was a very good course. However, in some parts it was too detailed, in some other parts too general. My opinion is very positive though! Thank you very much:)

By Pedro A V G

Jun 18, 2017

I have learned what I expected about the American Law system and enjoyed the process. Despite that, I would implement more ways of evaluation than only tests.

By William M

Nov 15, 2017

Good introductory-level course to multiple aspects of American law, particularly what is distinctive about U.S. law as compared to alternative legal choices.

By Ricardo A T

Sep 11, 2016

As the name says, the course it's only an introduction. It's too general but gives to the viewer, student, a basic idea of how the american law sistem works.

By Conor O

Aug 11, 2020

Perfect! The lectures were great, and the questions during the lectures kept you on your feet. It was a little monotone, but other than that, great!

By Duane V

Apr 17, 2020

Sufficient as a brief introduction to American Law, with good references for further reading. Lacking, however, in the field of Corporate Law.

By Thevenin

Apr 11, 2019

very interesting but the final tests (for each lesson and the final exam) should be reviewed, knowing that some questions are understanding ..

By Haran Y

Jan 15, 2017

Pretty good. I really liked the mid-lecture questions, but I think they're too easy. Also, why isn't there a lesson about criminal procedure?

By martin

Feb 27, 2019

Muy buen curso. Ideal para estudiantes en los primeros años de la carrera de derecho. Buen material bibliográfico para ser un curso corto.

By Laura P C

Feb 4, 2016

Very interesting course, with a summary of the main features of the American law and lots of additional reading materials. Recommendable.

By Alanna W

Jul 13, 2020

Pretty thorough introduction to American Law. It was a little boring in the last few weeks but other than that really good lectures!

By Rachael W

Apr 9, 2017

Good introductory course. I'd like to see a little more detail, though. Maybe individual courses, or peer reviewed responses.

By Robert M M

Jan 9, 2017

An interesting course that covers broadly the American Law areas. Not too difficult. A good introduction.

Very well presented.

By Christina B

Apr 22, 2020

Brilliant and informative course. I found that the professors could have made things simpler to understand at times.

By Alison W

Apr 17, 2020

Great introduction to law. However, if you have previous legal education this course may not be super useful.

By 刘庭悦

Feb 3, 2016

Hope it can have more in-depths exercise. Still, it serves good as an introductory course of the American Law