Back to An Introduction to American Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to American Law by University of Pennsylvania

This course will give you a glimpse into six different areas of American law: Tort Law, Contract Law, Property, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Civil Procedure. You will gain insight into the complexities and dilemmas that arise from the application of law in different settings, and what is distinctive about American approaches....

AA
Sep 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course and it helped me to understand the basic parts of American Law. My only suggestion is to provide even more cases as examples to demonstrate the doctrines and statutes. Thank you.

AT
Apr 9, 2020

A great first step on understanding the basic principles of American Law, providing an insight into impact on the systems we encounter on a daily basis and how these systems have developed over time.

751 - 775 of 843 Reviews for An Introduction to American Law

By Fabio P R

Apr 16, 2017

It is not as demanding as the courses offered by European universities, and this is a negative aspect. However, it provides a useful brief introduction of some key aspects of US Law to foreign lawyers in a very interesting way. It would be nice having entire courses to each of the topics exposed in this course.

By Gloria K W

Jan 25, 2017

It was helpful for me because I am involved in a law suit and I got to learn terminology and what to anticipate in the procedures. I gave only 4 stars because the timing of the course, during the holidays, didn't give any grace for time-out. I realize it's not expected, but that's my scoring. Well presented!

By Александр П

Mar 6, 2021

It was very interesting. I am a participant in the London LLB Course and that is very useful to compare the features of two similar law system of two different states: the USA and the UK. Finally, looking through the Russian legal system you realize the needed reforms there.

By reneryu

Nov 30, 2015

This course offers basic and essentiul knowledge about US laws including tort law, contract law, property law, constitution law and criminal law. The course is delivered by different lecturers specialized in each topic, thus the content is clear and well explained.

By scalesr4

Sep 23, 2015

This was a great introductory course on the legal principles that govern our country. It was well instructed and easy to understand. My only grievance would be to have more testing involved so that the information will be transferred to the long term memory.

By Elizabeth S

Apr 17, 2018

This was a great way for me to start pursuing my interest in American law and I enjoyed it. Having a different professor for each week kept it interesting, and I have come away from this class with a solid overview of what each field of law has to offer.

By Christopher S

Jan 19, 2016

This course gives a wide view of the various aspects of American law and does so very well. I enjoyed the way each week was organized. I know that this was an introductory course but would've enjoyed a mechanism for studying some topics in more depth.

By Michael L

Feb 21, 2016

Nice overview class where you can get an introduction to different types of law. Would be nice to do a follow up course(given this seems to be a Intro to each of the First year law classes) on other areas(2nd year) etc type of law.

By Savanna A

Jul 7, 2017

Great, easy way to get familiar with a lot of different aspects of American Law. Introduces you to important topics, landmark cases, and helps you get familiar with the way that lawyers/law students talk about cases.

By M K

Jan 22, 2020

Very informative and interesting. I find law to be boring, as in I do not care it. However, this course shows that learning about law and lawyer things is quite fun and exciting.

great professor

By Orit Y

Apr 10, 2016

Excellent introduction to basic concepts in American law. Very clear lectures that are given by different faculty members for each topic. Easy to digest information even for non-lawyer types!

By 黄伊琳

Aug 11, 2016

This is a good course for beginners, but I already have a law degree, so it's too simple for me, I thought there will be some differences between Civil law and Common law, but ...

By Moshe

May 13, 2020

I didn't know anything about law before I began this course, after going through this course I feel like i have the basics down pat (although it feels like the very basics).

By Laurna M

Nov 10, 2015

I have enjoyed the course immensely so far and have now decided to return to college to study law. Thank you for providing such an excellent introduction to American Law.

By Sujata V

Sep 27, 2020

The course is well designed and effective at giving the learner a glimpse of American Law. The founding principles of American Law have been very clearly laid out.

By Kamil O

Jun 5, 2020

That was a very good course. However, in some parts it was too detailed, in some other parts too general. My opinion is very positive though! Thank you very much:)

By Pedro A V G

Jun 18, 2017

I have learned what I expected about the American Law system and enjoyed the process. Despite that, I would implement more ways of evaluation than only tests.

By William M

Nov 15, 2017

Good introductory-level course to multiple aspects of American law, particularly what is distinctive about U.S. law as compared to alternative legal choices.

By Ricardo A T

Sep 11, 2016

As the name says, the course it's only an introduction. It's too general but gives to the viewer, student, a basic idea of how the american law sistem works.

By Conor O

Aug 11, 2020

Perfect! The lectures were great, and the questions during the lectures kept you on your feet. It was a little monotone, but other than that, great!

By Duane V

Apr 17, 2020

Sufficient as a brief introduction to American Law, with good references for further reading. Lacking, however, in the field of Corporate Law.

By Thevenin

Apr 11, 2019

very interesting but the final tests (for each lesson and the final exam) should be reviewed, knowing that some questions are understanding ..

By Haran Y

Jan 15, 2017

Pretty good. I really liked the mid-lecture questions, but I think they're too easy. Also, why isn't there a lesson about criminal procedure?

By martin

Feb 27, 2019

Muy buen curso. Ideal para estudiantes en los primeros años de la carrera de derecho. Buen material bibliográfico para ser un curso corto.