Back to The Ancient Greeks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Ancient Greeks by Wesleyan University

This is a survey of ancient Greek history from the Bronze Age to the death of Socrates in 399 BCE. Along with studying the most important events and personalities, we will consider broader issues such as political and cultural values and methods of historical interpretation....

AS
Apr 22, 2018

This has been an enthralling course which introduces you to the world of the Ancient Greek. Thank you Prof. Andrew Szegedy-Maszak, and all the course creators and mentors, for this excellent course.

GL
Oct 15, 2015

Well presented, wonderful insight into the world of the ancient Greeks. I learnt a lot, and it has whetted my appetite for more. I really loved this course, and enjoyed it very much indeed

426 - 450 of 477 Reviews for The Ancient Greeks

By Rafa M

Nov 23, 2015

It is a good course and the instructor is very knowledgeable on the subject. It´s just that, after a while studying about wars it seems that there´s no ending or purpose. It is a very good analisys though.

By Tyler R

May 1, 2020

Great material, but very in-depth and a bit difficult to follow for someone who has not studied this before. More review and repetition of a smaller amount of material would be beneficial.

By Ross L

Nov 18, 2016

Very Interesting course that covers a huge range of topics over a long period of time. A very well informed lecturer who can speak about the subject matter in a clear and concise manner.

By Vincent L

Feb 3, 2018

It was really interesting especially with the lectures having lots of visual aids. The reading activities also helped me understand more and learn in general. It was a great course.

By James I C

Oct 26, 2015

The lecturer was quite knowledgeable, but I think he needs to work on his presentation a bit. Particularly at the start of the course he didn't quite know what he was trying to say

By Lisa S L

Nov 1, 2015

Excellent survey course. Only wish there was more information given on details of daily life, also wish the course was a bit longer. Had issues with verifying the quizes.

By Wendy M

Oct 15, 2016

Some great material and I learned a lot. I did in fact complete the course but chose not to submit written material. Sometimes the lecturer was perhaps a little dry.

By Desfossez

Apr 9, 2018

The ton of the professor is a bit monotonous, but the facts are interesting and we were able to discover a part of history that is quite unknown to most people

By Kaitlin H

Sep 1, 2017

I loved the information and the structure of the course. The supplemental readings were fantastic. I wish there was more content to this course.

By Claudia K

Aug 10, 2016

Great course, but the quizzes are not quite there yet. They focus too much on minor details and the questions are sometimes awkwardly phrased.

By Nevena D

Dec 6, 2015

I enjoyed this course. It was very interesting, the teacher explained each topic well. A very informative journey through the Ancient Greece.

By Robin W

Jan 27, 2019

Manche Kursmaterialien (Links) sind nicht mehr verfügbar und sollten aktualisiert werden. Ansonsten war der Kurs spannend und lehrreich.

By MERCEDES M S S

Aug 23, 2017

Fue un curso estupendo, fue largo y todavía quedaron muchas cuestiones por abordar, entiendo que el tema es muy extenso. Felicidades.

By Richard T

Sep 22, 2017

Good teacher, great range of topics, great reading. Only problem was that allot of the external links didn't work and sometimes.

By Fabian F

Dec 28, 2017

Excellent content, but - in my opinion - too much additional reading as it took up a lot of time to get through the literature.

By kouassi n c

Sep 20, 2017

le cours était instructif et enrichissant dommage qu'il n'y ait pas de sous-titres en français sinon il n'y a rien à redire

By Caelyn M

May 28, 2017

Good course, lectures dragged a little; but really coherent picture of Greek history. I felt like I learned a great deal.

By Ghadeer N

May 1, 2020

This was such a good course. The material was rich and the instructor was very informative! I enjoyed and learned a lot.

By Jose A M

May 30, 2018

One of the more challenging and wonderfully thorough Cousera courses that I've taken. I truly enjoyed it. Well done!

By Margreta V d L

Apr 9, 2019

I enjoyed the course. I studied Ancient Greece in high school so the course brought back some memories.

By Frederick L V

Jan 20, 2018

Excellent coverage of the rise and fall of Ancient Athens, particularly Pericles and Alcibiades details.

By David P

Oct 4, 2015

I knew nothing about ancient Greece before. Excellent course. Thanks. David Pearsall, Greenville NC

By Priscila P G d M

Nov 25, 2015

Um excelente panorama da história dos gregos com a indicação de boas leituras complementares.

By kousay a

Oct 4, 2015

It is a great educational experience that opened the door to the ancient Greek history.