Back to The Ancient Greeks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Ancient Greeks by Wesleyan University

This is a survey of ancient Greek history from the Bronze Age to the death of Socrates in 399 BCE. Along with studying the most important events and personalities, we will consider broader issues such as political and cultural values and methods of historical interpretation....

AS
Apr 22, 2018

This has been an enthralling course which introduces you to the world of the Ancient Greek. Thank you Prof. Andrew Szegedy-Maszak, and all the course creators and mentors, for this excellent course.

GL
Oct 15, 2015

Well presented, wonderful insight into the world of the ancient Greeks. I learnt a lot, and it has whetted my appetite for more. I really loved this course, and enjoyed it very much indeed

201 - 225 of 486 Reviews for The Ancient Greeks

By Fernanda A B

Jun 1, 2020

It is a very good course to do, I liked it so much, and learned a lot of things about ancient Greek!! Thank you, professor!!

By Mauricio G C

Oct 22, 2017

Stunning course! Schematic yet highly enlightening, the perfect entry doorway to ancient Greek culture. Totally recommended.

By rocio g o

Jul 2, 2017

Curso fantástico que nos ayuda a comprender algo más la civilización griega y su influencia posterior en el mundo occidental

By Evelyn H

May 6, 2020

I learned an extensive amount of Ancient Greek history through this course, while staying intrigued nearly the entire time.

By Iván J C

Oct 25, 2017

Me ha parecido un curso muy didáctico, explicado desde una perspectiva muy interesante. Estoy muy satisfecho con este curso

By Markéta K

Oct 13, 2015

Elaborate and absorbing lectures, it was a great pleasure to follow. Thank you, PhD

Andrew Szegedy-Maszak! All the best, MK

By leslie w

May 13, 2020

I so love this class Mr Maszak was awesome and everyone that wants to learn Ancient Greeks this is a great class to take

By Georgia C

Oct 30, 2017

V

ery well built and delivered. Has got a lot of reading material, so be prepared to spend more time than most courses.

By Linda J

Oct 14, 2017

Very thorough introduction, liked the pace of the course and mix of different aspects of the life of Ancient Greeks.

By Onntje

Jul 31, 2016

excellent course, I enjoyed it a lot!

It helped me to gain an overview over ancient greek history.

Great lecturer!

By Belen T G

Jul 3, 2019

A very complete course, and it must be considered that its as difficult as good. No doubt, it really worth it.

By Antonella S

May 6, 2020

I really did enjoy this course! It was very interesting and very well structured. Thank you Professor Andrew!

By ljdover

Jan 3, 2017

Comprehensive course. I gained a great deal of information that helped to fill gaps in my own knowledge base.

By christopher c

Sep 30, 2015

wonderful really interesting course, well presented and full of fascinating information; well worth doing

By Trixy L

Jan 4, 2020

One of my favorite courses I have taken online. A lot of information but not overwhelming and it is fun.

By Luis R

May 13, 2018

Fue un viaje maravilloso por los historia griega, y en verdad pense y seguire pensando en los griegos..

By Sacha A

Nov 15, 2016

Fantastic Course! Really well structured, lectures are really interesting and I have really enjoyed it!!

By Nurhayat K

Jan 5, 2021

It was a great journey for me to learn about one of the most significant times in the world of history.

By nickglendening@yahoo.co.uk

Jun 4, 2020

Very interesting course, although some of the reading sections took far longer than the time suggested.

By Makoto K

Feb 16, 2019

A tremendously valuable set of knowledge on the ancient Greek. Many thanks to Mr. Professor and Tutors.

By Emma L

Jan 13, 2016

A very interesting course and I'm at the beginning of this course and already have learned a lot about

By Kaliel O

May 24, 2021

Excelente curso introdutorio, boa legenda em PT-BR o Professor tem muito dominio do assunto, recomendo

By Diego R V

Dec 16, 2016

Muy bueno. El profesor es un enamorado de la cultura griega y transmite su pasión por el conocimiento.

By Meghana S

Jun 3, 2020

great course, worth learning, lengthy reading material but very informative, thank you for knowledge

By Jordan M

Jul 30, 2020

One of the best classes I have taken so far! The mix between the readings and lectures was amazing!