Back to The Ancient Greeks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Ancient Greeks by Wesleyan University

This is a survey of ancient Greek history from the Bronze Age to the death of Socrates in 399 BCE. Along with studying the most important events and personalities, we will consider broader issues such as political and cultural values and methods of historical interpretation....

AS
Apr 22, 2018

This has been an enthralling course which introduces you to the world of the Ancient Greek. Thank you Prof. Andrew Szegedy-Maszak, and all the course creators and mentors, for this excellent course.

MH
Sep 3, 2015

Brilliant course. Superbly assembled and presented material. And I love the prof's wry sense of humour!\n\nI've been wanting to learn about this subject for many years. Highly recommended.

201 - 225 of 448 Reviews for The Ancient Greeks

By SARANYA P

Jun 19, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. It was taught so well and I'm so happy i learnt so many new things.

By Lucian B T

Jan 2, 2020

Helpful and insightful.

I recommend this for anyone who wants to learn more about Ancient Greek.

By Edgar A

Aug 20, 2019

Un increíble viaje por la antigua Grecia, me encantó, definitivamente me llevo mucho de este curso.

By Dimitris S

Jan 1, 2019

Ι reacknowledged my nation's history 30 thirty year after i ve been to highschool. i am grateful.

By Thomas H

Dec 27, 2020

Wonderful course, each lecture is delivered beautifully and engagingly. I only wish the instructor

By Louisa R

Nov 23, 2020

Wonderful course! Definitely learnt I lot. The videos and assignments were a tremendous help too!

By Pamela W

Oct 13, 2015

Gave me a great overview of the ancient greeks. I now would like to visit these ancient places.

By Robin E

Feb 27, 2016

This is an excellent course and I have enjoyed listening and reading everything it has to offer.

By Juan C m b

Jun 27, 2020

It was great, I learned a lot and I really like the teacher and the program. Thank you so much.

By Wang Z

May 9, 2018

I have finished this course. It is a perfect introduction to ancient Greek history and society.

By Gabriel D R

Apr 2, 2018

Very well treated the subject and some fantastic videos, as well as the complementary readings.

By Pedro C

Dec 27, 2017

Maravilloso curso para complementar conocimientos y obtener información de una fuente confiable

By Juan C D M

Nov 30, 2015

Great course that let you have a quick look over the greek rise and fall over 2000 years ago.

By Zhou H

Mar 30, 2016

It's really well organized. I like the pace of the course and the voice of "Professor Andy"!

By Theodoros N

Feb 7, 2016

it´s very interesting course ,it gives you all the details you need in the classic studies .

By susana q

Nov 14, 2015

Fantástico curso! un resumen excelente de la esencia de la Grecia antigua, lo acabo con pena

By Thomas G

Aug 20, 2015

A wonderful guided tour of ancient greece from the bronze age through Alexander. Thank you!

By Jorge L

Aug 22, 2020

Excelente. No mas palabras, quedan las ganas de un segundo curso. Excelente el Dr. Andrew.

By Douglas H

Nov 25, 2020

Very interesting, well taught and very worthwhile. Highly recommend to anyone interested.

By пимашкина ю а

Jun 24, 2020

Thank you for this course! Very interesting lectures. Objective and intelligent lecturer.

By Emiliano C

Fantástico!

Un placer haber recorrido este tramo de historia griega, realmente fascinante.

By Perez V M A

Mar 15, 2019

Gracias a este curso aprendí la historia de Grecia y me ayudaron a mi nota de castellano.

By Wojciech W

Jun 19, 2018

Amazing course - brillitant topics, wonderful teacher, greatly explained. Thank you much!

By Yuliia H

Aug 12, 2020

Very cool course, constructive, interesting, informative! Special thanks to the teacher!

By Manuel A M A

Sep 27, 2018

Muy buen curso, claro y conciso. Excelente para comprender la historia de Grecia Antigua