Back to Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles is a four-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the evolutionary changes that occur when air-breathing terrestrial animals return to water. This course examines the diversity, adaptations, convergence, and phylogenetic relationships of extinct marine reptiles. Students will explore three major groups of marine reptiles: ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and mosasaurs. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-marine-reptiles...

JC
Apr 1, 2016

An excellent introduction to the sometimes overlooked marine predators that lived alongside the dinosaurs! A lot of detail is presented here, so be prepared to act like a sponge and soak it all up.

DB
Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed the course & finding out about the creatures that have fascinated me for years. The course was very well structured in logical sections that enabled me to study when I wanted.

101 - 125 of 273 Reviews for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

By Fernando R E

Jul 21, 2016

Fantastic! I would love some more of this teaching approach on other animals groups! i.e. Pterosaurs, whales, etc.

By Valerie E L

Mar 12, 2020

This course was thorough and easy to follow, with great resources to use and interactive sessions during lessons!

By Kahealani A M

Oct 31, 2019

i loved every bit of this course. it was great to learn and awesome to find out what was living before us humans.

By Randy C

May 17, 2016

Excellent presentation of the information. I definitely have a much greater appreciation of these marine reptiles

By Aiden c

Jan 4, 2018

Amazing course, presenter really keeps your attention, it feels very supportive as you complete the course

By Héctor R R M

Jun 18, 2020

Esta muy bueno y asequible el curso, si algunos detalles en la traducción, pero por lo general exelente.

By Duncan S

Aug 14, 2019

this course was very fun and engaging. I learned a lot and will defiantly recommend it to other people.

By Theresa W

Sep 22, 2017

Awesome! I truly enjoyed this MOOC - I never was really into paleontology but now I want to learn more.

By winston m

Mar 26, 2016

very well organised and stimulatingly presented .a whole new world is unfolded for the student.

By T W

Feb 27, 2020

Fascinating topic and very well presented. I learned a huge amount about these fascinating creatures.

By Arunan S

Mar 31, 2020

Very nice course gave a general understanding on the 4 categories of marine reptiles in paleantology

By Suzan H

Mar 14, 2016

Very nice course. Well prepared and a lot of information to keep the interest alive in Paleontology.

By Kelseythornton

Jan 23, 2021

It was great I loved doing it some of them I thought was hard but I managed to complete it so yeah

By Sarah H

Really good course, very informative and built up from basics to higher level. I really loved it.

By Wilsey G V M

Aug 21, 2020

Very extense and precise informations, awesome material and method, it was simple a perfect MOOC

By Aditya S

Apr 16, 2020

Very nice and amazing course. Thank you so much for making this topic very interesting to learn.

By Tania G G L

Sep 17, 2017

Lo que más me gustó es que está muy bien explicado, toda la información es muy clara y concisa.

By Jorge A A E

Jun 21, 2017

Excellent professors. This course is one of my favorites, the modules are very easy to follow.

By Agustín F P

Jun 26, 2020

Me ha gustado mucho el curso gracias por ayudarme les agradezco me servirá de muy buena ayuda

By Emily C

Jun 5, 2020

Really enjoyed the course and learned so much more about these extinct marine reptile groups.

By Yoga R

Jan 25, 2019

this was super fun and the attached readings made it easier to do when wifi wasn't available

By Trevor J H

Feb 13, 2020

Very well presented. The lecturer is very clever and spoke so well. Keep up the great work!

By Joshua G

Oct 19, 2016

Visualmente muy entretenido

Si te gustan la paleontología y los grandes reptiles no lo dudes

By Julian V

Jul 11, 2020

Phenominal presentation, I was drawn to learning more. Looking to continue with the class.

By Peter L

Mar 20, 2018

This course had a lot of detail and it was presented in a way that made it easy to follow.