Back to Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles is a four-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the evolutionary changes that occur when air-breathing terrestrial animals return to water. This course examines the diversity, adaptations, convergence, and phylogenetic relationships of extinct marine reptiles. Students will explore three major groups of marine reptiles: ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and mosasaurs. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-marine-reptiles...

JC

Apr 02, 2016

An excellent introduction to the sometimes overlooked marine predators that lived alongside the dinosaurs! A lot of detail is presented here, so be prepared to act like a sponge and soak it all up.

TO

Jun 21, 2016

I thought this would be a fun simple class, but I DID NOT know anything about marine reptiles, and it showed. I learned a lot and this instruction was very helpful and very educational.

76 - 100 of 151 Reviews for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

By Margaret W S

Apr 08, 2016

Excellent course. Lots of information presented very well.

By Kris P

Jul 22, 2016

Another great course from the University that brought you Dino101

By Grant W G

Apr 03, 2016

The course was very detailed and complete. I learned a lot. It was a very good course.

By Francesca T R

Feb 12, 2017

One of the best (maybe the best) courses. Thank you!

By David M a

May 13, 2016

another brilliant piece of entertaining and informative education from Alberta.

By Mark

Feb 06, 2018

Amazing. Loved it!

By Aline M G

Apr 09, 2016

Great course! Just PLEASE don't use Dave Peters images on it.

By David-Antonio Z

Sep 21, 2017

Very talented personal wrote this course in order to get people involved in one of the major achievements of terrestrial reptiles: they return to seas, overcoming the acuatic problem in many ways, each having unique carachteristics that made each one f the most recognized linneage of reptiles that did this a stunning one

By Kayzen K

Mar 24, 2016

I appreciate all staff of UNA and Coursera. I have been passed good study 4 weeks. So I did average 10 hours study in a day , 3 days in a week. It was hard for me but enjoyed.

I passed 3 week quiz full point but final one was 1 quiz lost.

Please let me know how to know which quiz was incorrect. And can I try second attempt it?

By Skyla C

Feb 13, 2017

I love this course! I have learned so much, and the quizzes are so nice and short. They don't give me time to stress!!!

By Tania G G L

Sep 18, 2017

Lo que más me gustó es que está muy bien explicado, toda la información es muy clara y concisa.

By Kristen D

Jun 15, 2017

Very good course, not the first I have taken with Uni Alberta either, I love the tutor and the way he expresses information makes it very easy to take in.

Questions in the quizzes are good to test your knowledge.

This will not be the last one I take, I would recommend Uni Alberta for all you Dinosaur course needs.

By Joanne O

May 24, 2017

Amazing course from the University of Alberta, the enthusiasm from the team just sparkles, the lectures are wonderful and the course notes are superb. This course stretched my brain. I loved every minute it!

By Joy S

Apr 09, 2016

Course is great. Coursera is a minus 5 stars for their money grubbing propensities. Love the instructor for these dinosaur courses, he is personable, knowledgeable and just a naturally great teacher. The information is fascinating and scientifically up to date. It leaves me with a favorable impression of the University of Alberta's research. The graphics used in all these courses are simply beautiful.

By Jennyfer A R V

Jan 27, 2017

excelente, muy didáctico!

By Suzan H

Mar 14, 2016

Very nice course. Well prepared and a lot of information to keep the interest alive in Paleontology.

By Randy C

May 17, 2016

Excellent presentation of the information. I definitely have a much greater appreciation of these marine reptiles

By Pedro C D L C

Mar 18, 2016

Excelent course. I did not know nothing about the incredible fossil record that this ancient reptiles have, now I am learning a lot about its origin and evolution.

By Steve M

May 18, 2016

Another excellent course from the University of Alberta. A real privilege to have the opportunity to learn in this way.

By Jennifer C

Nov 27, 2017

A great course with just enough detail to get into the subject without overwhelming those without a university background.

Love the delivery style and assessment options.

By Dillon T

Jun 20, 2016

Awesome

By Dimas D T S C

Apr 29, 2016

just amazing i was looking for material in this are and had neverf ound , thanks alot =D