Back to Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles is a four-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the evolutionary changes that occur when air-breathing terrestrial animals return to water. This course examines the diversity, adaptations, convergence, and phylogenetic relationships of extinct marine reptiles. Students will explore three major groups of marine reptiles: ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and mosasaurs. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-marine-reptiles...

JC
Apr 1, 2016

An excellent introduction to the sometimes overlooked marine predators that lived alongside the dinosaurs! A lot of detail is presented here, so be prepared to act like a sponge and soak it all up.

DB
Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed the course & finding out about the creatures that have fascinated me for years. The course was very well structured in logical sections that enabled me to study when I wanted.

76 - 100 of 298 Reviews for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

By christian o s

May 4, 2020

I think it is a very complete course, the concepts are well explained, I think there is excellent work by the teaching team and perfect communication by the speaker.

By Pedro C D L C

Mar 18, 2016

Excelent course. I did not know nothing about the incredible fossil record that this ancient reptiles have, now I am learning a lot about its origin and evolution.

By Lars O

Oct 1, 2020

Scott persons is an excellent moderator and generates enthusiasm for the subject with his ebullient presentations. Each video was full of interesting information.

By James M

Dec 10, 2016

This was a most informative course. and for me. not an easy one by any means. For an under-graduate, I would say is essential. Well done! And thank you!

By Claire C

Great course, very interactive and well designed, plus the teacher is passionate which motivates even more us as students in keep following the lessons

By Pamela N

Jun 14, 2020

Highly informative and enjoyable course for those who are curious about Marine reptiles that dominated the seas from the Triassic – Cretaceous period.

By arinn w

Apr 7, 2019

So great to learn about ancient marine reptiles! I really enjoyed learning how palaeontologists use fossils evidence to figure out how animals lived.

By Graham F

Mar 12, 2017

Wow, what a fantastic course. Well structured and very well presented by a very knowledgeable palaeontologist. I cannot recommend this course enough.

By Kelsey T

May 10, 2021

It was great I loved doing it some of them I thought was hard but I managed to complete it so yeah it is great to know that i am smart at age ten

By Wendy L

Jul 27, 2017

As with all UAlberta Coursera courses, this one is full of information and makes you think about the topics. Thanks for another excellent course!

By Hadley K

Jan 19, 2021

Very interesting and informational. Usually online lectures are boring to follow but the instructor was enthusiastic and enjoyable to listen to.

By Alejandro C R

Sep 2, 2020

I recommend this course, academically excellent and serious, well documented. I have learned new knowledge of paleontology. Congratulations !!

By Степан И

Mar 30, 2020

This course was one of the hardest between the courses of ancient vertebrates from the University of Alberta.

I really enjoyed all of then!

By Kazunori M

Feb 11, 2017

Wonderful ! I have not been know about ancient Marine Reptiles until today. So, I am really thank you to teach and give knowledge for me.

By Diane E

Apr 20, 2016

Another wonderful course from University of Alberta. Scott Persons is a great lecturer. Material is interesting and well structured.

By fernando g u

May 12, 2018

Por fin comencé a vislumbrar el problema acuático de nuestros antepasados ​​más lejanos. El espectacular árbol filogenético.

Gracias

By Colin C

Nov 19, 2019

Fascinating insight into the variety of marine reptiles which evolved following their return to the water. A very enjoyable course.

By Joseph J M

Jul 13, 2020

All the course was very interesting and the professor was excelent learning about ancient marine reptiles, he known all, amazing!

By Judith S

May 3, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and appreciated how flexible it was. The notes and videos provided were extremely thorough and clear.

By HAMMAD U R B

Jul 8, 2020

Learning this course was like living in that era of earth. Really great course to learn regarding great animals of earth history

By Javier E S A

Oct 16, 2020

Contenidos muy claros sobre el tema, que motivan a continuar estudiando estos animales asombrosos (dinosaurios) y su evolución.

By Kailey g

Nov 30, 2019

I love this course and i recommend the other paleontology courses, these are huge help and it also looks good on future resumes

By Hello H a y

Jan 31, 2021

It was fun an informative. I got lost with all the various big names quite often but it just means I'll want to take it again.

By Preslee C

Apr 29, 2020

This is a very detailed class that I really enjoyed! You'll be amazed by how much you'll learn and how much details they give!

By Manuel J L M

Apr 30, 2017

Excellent course of current knowledge of Marine reptiles from Mesozoic age. Thanks for accept me as free student, best wishes.