Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR

Apr 28, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

226 - 250 of 824 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Sarah M

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have learnt so much and cannot wait to sign up for my next one. Thank you to the incredible team who put this together.

By Michelle D

May 15, 2020

Excellent introduction to this topic. Good scientific basis, but pitched at a an appropriate level for a non-scientist. Would highly recommend this course.

By Marie L

Aug 27, 2019

i learned so many things I didn't know about animal welfare. I take care of dogs and I learned things about their behavior I didn't realize but made sense.

By Ishaya U G

The course was well prepared and also engaging. I like the practical aspect of it. Where the instructors interact with the animals they are talking about.

By Alicia v Z

More videos in the final, optional unit would have been helpful. It was an excellent course and I learnt a lot, particularly in the farm animal sections.

By Edikan E E

Learning this course has improved my knowledge on animal behaviour and welfare. I now look forward to applying this skill to my chosen career. Thank you.

By KWOK J H E

Apr 24, 2020

Very in-depth, and provides practical examples. A definite must-learn especially for captive taxa management in both commercial and conservation fields.

By Megan C

Jan 08, 2017

Great opportunity to learn and even if used as a "refresher" for things you may have previously learnt, it is well worth the time to do

Fantastic course,

By Zoe T

Apr 30, 2020

Good course content that is very informative, it will help me greatly in my future career choice and for my future animal management degree. Thank you!

By Rey W

Feb 09, 2017

Animal welfare issues in this course are not presented as cruelty, as they truly are, but it is very informative and science-based, which is important.

By Justin B

Jan 16, 2016

I learned so much about the welfare philosophies that are practiced across the globe! I look forward to future courses with this wonderful institution.

By Serena F

Jul 21, 2020

Me encantó, es un tema muy duro, pero el enfoque neutro, agarrado siempre de la ciencia me pareció muy certero, muchas gracias por sus reconocimientos

By Kowode B R

I'm so honoured to have gone through the Animal welfare course on Coursera. It was so enlightening and Educative. Coursers offers the best e-learning.

By Lucía T C M

Jan 25, 2020

This course provided me with an integrated, broad and complex view of animal welfare issues based on the animal's behaviour and perception. Thank you!

By Paula A

Sep 11, 2017

Maravilloso, ojalá puedan hacer más cursos como este en otras partes del mundo para comparar contenidos y comportamientos desde las prácticas humanas.

By Heather R

Mar 28, 2017

Very insightful and important topic! I am thrilled that this is available. This should be a requirement for everyone who works in any setting with ani

By Eduardo F T

Jun 06, 2020

Really nice program, although is 2020. The data given here is really updated and was think in a way people could learn the basics about animal needs.

By Ghesquière

Oct 04, 2019

Ce cours m'a beaucoup plu l'approche scientifique de la santé et du bien-être animal a changé ma façon de considérer les besoins des animaux. Merci !

By Mildred G

Jan 14, 2016

I like the course, since I was born into a family that loved animals. I believe that this course will make a better caregiver to my animals.

By A S

Jul 21, 2020

I love the course. and i would recommend to all my friends who are interested in animal welfare. and give us the rest knowledge about animal welfare

By Olga P M M

Apr 12, 2016

Excelent course!!! It makes you a better person because more conscious. It transform your way of understanding animal welfare. Thank you very much

By DUGGIRALA S H

Jun 14, 2020

now i understood the feelings of animals they are also like us we express by talking but they cant we should give respect to their feelings also

By Joanna W

May 12, 2020

I am so happy to have taken this course with some of the finest minds in Animal Welfare Research. Thank you for the opportunity to learn Coursera!

By Brian w

Jun 24, 2016

i found this course very interesting past it just need to know if i can obtian the certificate

without taking test again as passed them already

By Miguel A

Jan 08, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and what it taught me with animals in captivity and with pets because I have a dog and I want the best life for him.