Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR

Apr 28, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

76 - 100 of 835 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Heather H

Apr 20, 2020

I felt this was a very informative, relatively easy introduction to animal welfare. I feel it is useful for ANYONE who loves the animals in their lives. It brings up many good thinking points, has many thought-provoking resources, and overall has the possibilities of changing or enforcing our current mindset towards animals in human care.

By tania w

Dec 13, 2019

Some emotive subject matter was professionally presented. I learned a great deal and was surprised at just how much there was packed in to it. Very well presented and thought out taking the learner gradually through a huge array of welfare and behavioural issues. One of the best courses I have ever studied! Top notch education!

By Ramona S

Dec 14, 2015

As a Pet Care manager at a boarding facility I encourage my staff to participate in a continuing education progam for rewards. I stongly encouraged them to sign up for this course. I am taking this a second time as it was extemely interesting the first time. Anyone interested in animals in general should check this out!

By Tamara B

Apr 12, 2020

Informative and insightful course.

So, so glad A major city in China (April 09 2020) has recognized Dogs as pets and not livestock. A REAL lifesaving change for BILLIONS of innocent Dogs. I pray that cats and ALL other animals will be given back their GOD-GIVEN right to live very, very soon WORLDWIDE.

Animal Advocate

By Dr. P M

Oct 15, 2020

An extremely well structured and relevant course. Covers all the basic tenets of animal welfare science and provides many interesting links for anyone aspiring in depth knowledge or research based references. I suggest it for all Veterinarians and mostly those serving on board of institutional ethics committees.

By Kathleen C

Apr 27, 2020

Outstanding. I really appreciated the quality of the videos. The ability to watch the presenters in action was useful and more fulfilling than reading through traditional slide delivery models. The pace was spot on and material very insightful. I feel much more prepared to continue my animal welfare journey.

By David G

Aug 21, 2020

The entire teaching team did an outstanding job of presenting the current knowledge of animal behavior and welfare. I really appreciated their sense of purpose in letting everyone know about the important issues regarding the humane treatment of animals. Thanks so much for your generosity and dedication.

By Colleen C

May 07, 2020

This was a very informative course. It is difficult to see videos of abused animals and animals in distress but we need to see these to be aware of what is happening in the world and advocate for changes. The course does a good job of showing us videos of happy animals to counteract the disturbing images.

By Heather R

Feb 28, 2017

I am a dog trainer in the United States, and I highly valued the information I learned regarding animal welfare of all species. I am very passionate about animals and how they are treated, so this course was fine tuned to exactly what I care about. I enjoyed everything I learned here. Highly recommend!

By Jimena V B

Jun 18, 2018

It was a great course, good material, and it is great for begginers and advanced, since I'm more into wild animals, zoos, training and all, I just feel like it was only focusing on farm animals and just a short module on wild animals in captivity. But far from that, I'll definitely take a second part.

By Catherine C

Apr 03, 2020

This course has inspired me to look at further learning on this subject. It's really well delivered and broken down into a really good balance of species and topics. A really solid, educational course, which I really enjoyed doing. Great learning platform which is easy to access - thank you for this.

By Amelie K

Jan 26, 2016

Absolutely brilliant course. The pace, the information, the explanations, all very well done. I'll admit, some of the videos and images were difficult to watch, I would suggest a warning right before it is shown as to mentally prepare. However, I may be overly sensitive! Thank you for this course!

By Bryony M

Jun 28, 2016

Very informative, well put together, and just so nice to be able to take a course on this subject. Really appreciate the free courses by Edinburgh University's Veterinary School. I've done Equine Nutrition and Do You Have What it Takes to be a Vet? I really enjoyed both of them and learned a lot.

By oladipupo i o

Apr 11, 2020

This course is highly inspiring, it was garnishes with high quality video resources to aid students understanding, it has enlarge my scope about animal welfare, and pilot my interest in field of wildlife and production Animal welfare. Also, it has stimulate my interest in getting a pet (cat).

By Lilian A

Mar 07, 2016

Loved this course. It has really sparked my interest in learning more and building my small store of knowledge further. Good content, interesting lecturers, varied strands within overall subject. This is my second course run by Edinburgh University and I will certainly be looking for more.

By Sara Y

Oct 15, 2020

I learned a lot about animal welfare and will use this information as I develop my career in the zoological field. This also taught me a lot about farm animal life and how pets at home often don't have as great a life we think they do and what we can do to better their lives in the house.

By Catharina B G

Jun 09, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. The modules had a excellent content and it was easy to follow because all speakers described everything very well.

I would definitely do the course again! And obviously recommend it to anyone interested in animals and understanding better their welfare issues.

By Mara M

Aug 06, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, it was an amazing learning experience and I found it very intellectually stimulating. I now know a lot more about animal welfare than I did before beginning this course, and I am very grateful to the instructors for providing such great material. Thank you!

By Yamid G B G

Aug 02, 2020

Me gustó mucho la temática abordada en cada semana. Quizá me encantaría que completamente todos los videos estén subtitulados al español, así como también que haya videos complementarios que fortalezcan aún la teoría mirada en clase.

De verdad es muy genial el curso, aprendí muchísimo.

By federica t

Jul 13, 2019

Great course! Corso che apre la mente su problematiche a tutti molto vicine, anche se pensiamo che non ci riguardino. Qui viene descritto molto bene e imparzialmente come avviene l'allevamento, facendo riflettere su quello che si considera solo cibo, in realtà è molto di più, è vita.

By VIsnja J

Jun 08, 2020

Amazing course, I completed it in 3 days, couldn't take my eyes of it. These amazing women I got to listen and see during course, are my motivation, that maybe, one day I will have the opportunity to do something and maybe, change the world, like they do. Thank you for everything.

By Léa L

Thank you so much for this course even though I still have to watch others lectures (by the way I cannot open some PDF lectures and I have one of the last version of Adobe Reader on my computer, do you know why ?) Have a very good day and I hope to see you soon :)

Miss Léa LEROY.

By Ishel B

Mar 27, 2017

Wonderful class, gives a lot of information and points of views on how to improve animal welfare. Lessons were relevant, direct and easy to understand, a real asset to anyone in the animal welfare community or people working in animal agriculture. Great and sensitive instructors.

By Ned T

Nov 13, 2015

My major is not about agriculture, but I love this field very much. That is the reason why I spent my time with this course on Coursera. This on-demand course is very convenient for anyone who want to know more about animal agriculture. I strongly like and recommend this course.

By Adrija R

I believe and advocate for animal welfare at all times. This course with the videos, readings and quizzes broadened my horizon on animal welfare & behaviour. After having learnt from the course I now feel more confident and aware for my stance and advocacy for what I stand for.