Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS
Jun 21, 2020

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR
Apr 27, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

126 - 150 of 971 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Michelle E

Sep 29, 2020

I loved every part of this course, I have learn't so much on this course and learn't things i knew even knew about. This course really got to hooked and focused to complete this course. From information to quiz was very informative and very easy to follow and understand.

By Joselito S K

Jun 21, 2020

The course is very much up to date with current situations in regards animal welfare worldwide. I fine it very informative and educational. I am able to understand my own dogs behavior and exercise more patience and hope to become better more. Thank you very much .

By Jessica G

Nov 2, 2020

I loved every minute of this course. It was very informative and I learned a lot of new things about animal behaviour and welfare that I did not get to learn about in college.

Fantastic! I would definable recommend this course to anyone who is interested in the topic.

By Taryn C

Sep 3, 2020

Amazing course for me. I have been debating whether or not I want to go back to school to work with animals. I decided to take this course as an introduction and it has been a great course. I learned a lot about the subject and really enjoyed the videos and readings.

By Amy-Rose C

May 7, 2020

Really enjoyed this course! Gave me a thorough yet simple understanding on animal welfare. I've learnt the basics through this course and its perfect for anyone starting out their animal career. I enjoyed being able to separate my emotions to the facts and research.

By Heidy J V B

Jan 18, 2021

Espectacular. Este curso lo hizo mi hija de 14 años que es unschooler y ella misma dirige su aprendizaje. Su sueño es ser veterinaria. Le interesa todo curso que tenga que ver con animales, sus cuidados e interacción en la sociedad. Fue una experiencia muy buena.

By Jennifer S

Apr 24, 2020

I very much enjoyed this course. I feel it provided just enough information to get a high over view of the animal welfare issues across farming and captivity. They provide extra reading material for those who want to dig deeper into a specific subject or topic.

By Susanne F

Jun 7, 2020

GREAT course !!! Brilliant teachers, excellent learning material and the fabulous mission to improve animal welfare worldwide by MOOC education. ABSOLUTELY RECOMMENDABLE :)

A HUGE THANK YOU to the UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH AND COURSERA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Pip R

Feb 14, 2021

really like the course especially that each teacher always pointed out that "do not compare how you feel to how animals feel"

that actually changed my vision and give me a new perspective toward all animal

I am so glad I took the free course

thanks all teacher

By Andrea W

Apr 16, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. The instructors were clear and provided informative and practical lectures that were stimulating and thought provoking. I enjoyed the manageable video lengths and the supplementary readings were very helpful and easy to follow.

By Vannia P C

Sep 20, 2020

It is a very interesting and interactive course that provides extensive knowledge about animal welfare in different areas. The lessons and videos are very dynamic! Great professionals, thank you for sharing such an incredible and important knowledge with us.

By Supavitra B

Apr 21, 2020

This quenched my thirst for the subject to a large extent as it has increased my hunger to study more & I so wish to now visit Edinburgh & Scotland. Many thanks to the faculty & all the experts who contributed. Also a thanks to Coursera! Babul, Mumbai, India

By Anup K

Apr 13, 2020

It is really exciting to go through this course, It has exposed me several aspect of animal welfare like pets,production and captive wild animals , Now I can say I have better understanding on animal wefare and how behaviour reflect animals feelings. Thanks

By Maria K

Jan 18, 2016

A very interesting course and a much needed one in the times that we leave...I found it very difficult not to be affected by my ethical views and emotions but I managed to complete the course and learn a lot of new things. Thank you for making it available!

By João B

May 4, 2020

Animal Behaviour and Welfare is a comprehensive course on the topic, that deals with it in an organized, professional and ethical way and lays down the basis for solid knowledge on the topic. Congratulations to the teaching team and technical support teams.

By Rafaela F

Jan 13, 2016

Excellent. As a veterinary student, I found this course to be very enlightening about the subject matter. I'm now able to implement some of what was learned about animal behaviour and welfare in my daily professional activities as well as in the classroom.

By Ghiandra N S S

Jan 28, 2020

This Course is very informative and very useful for me! The materials are easy to understand. The assignments and quizzes also enhance our knowledge and also help us to train our analytical skills. I would recommend this course to my friends. Thank you :)

By Lory B

Mar 31, 2021

Me encanto, porque la palabra welfare es muy importante en los animales, representa demasiado para ellos y es como su protección contra el maltrato, es un curso que vale la pena, aprendes tantos conceptos que te ayudaran a comprender mejor a los animales.

By Juan P M A

Jun 8, 2020

This course is a great option for increasing your knowledge about veterinary and animal welfare.

If you are passionate abut animals and their welfare, do not think twice about singing up!

Thanks University Of Edinburgh and Coursera for this opportunity .

By John M H

Jun 1, 2020

The instructors were very informative. The videos were easy to understand and the content in the whole course was something i care about. Took longer to finish due to limited free time recently otherwise i woulda gladly completed it in a week. Loved it.

By Karunakar E

Very good course which is useful to me for my professional knowledge about Animal behaviour and welfare.Professors also very good and they had explained the subject clearly and in understanding manner.Thanks to all course developers for free in online.

By Kelly M

Aug 1, 2018

This course was very educational, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I am currently making a career change towards my passion with animals, so this was a great start! I look forward to taking more courses on here, and begin the next chapter in my life.

By Jens H B

Aug 22, 2020

Every module was an eye opener. The presentation was interesting, informative and engaged critical thinking. It enabled me to make some recommendations in our organisation to deliver a better understanding of an animal's behaviour through Ethograms.

By Kiera T

Jun 17, 2020

I'm a shelter staff member in Canada and this was a great look at international welfare standards (which are funnily enough, the same as my shelter). I loved having an in-depth look at farm animals welfare since we focus so much on companion animals.

By Olexandra A

Jun 30, 2020

Very interesting and engaging, the length of the lectures made the course easy to follow and keep up (especially if you are making notes and trying to keep up). I would really recommend to those wishing to broaden their thinking on welfare issues.