Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS
Jun 21, 2020

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR
Apr 27, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

151 - 175 of 888 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By DIANA P M S

Jul 1, 2020

Excelente, muy completo y claro. En mi caso soy veterinaria, puedo aplicar totalmente lo aprendido en este curso, y el hecho de traducirlo en diferentes idiomas, es un valor agregado para quienes no dominamos el inglés. Muy satisfecha.

By Jessica G

Oct 24, 2019

Fabulous class, I've taken it twice now and really find more in each participation. This class does a great job at looking at the facts in an unbiased way and educating us in how we can improve animal welfare in a number of industries.

By Disha C

Jun 25, 2020

The course was really amazing, and i got to know many things about animal behaviour and welfare.

Lastly this course increased my knowledge and i am very thankful for that to COURSERA and THE UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

By Kelli R

Jul 30, 2019

Very informative and interesting for anyone's experience level entering into the animal welfare field! The word formatting accompanied with the video makes it really easy to follow along and take notes. I couldn't have been happier!

By Amy F

Jul 17, 2016

Opened my eyes a lot regarding the welfare of all kinds of animals and their situations.

Really sad course content, but needed to show the severity of how bad it can be for an animal, and the ways being used to stop and protect them.

By Rajashree S

Apr 10, 2020

Easy to follow. Very relevant content. Appreciate the attempts of the lecturers to maintain a neutral attitude despite addressing controversial topics. Felt I have learnt a lot and it has whetted my appetite to pursue this further.

By Apoorva

May 2, 2018

Fantastic course! The course is very well structured with a lot of practical experience videos and interactive sessions which help you learn. The quizzes and forums really sets your mind going and keeps you entertained and active.

By Neansai O

Jul 2, 2017

I really enjoyed this course, I liked how the information was given and forums were set up.

The hangouts section I found both helpful and interesting. I would rate the Veterinary School in Edinburgh 10/10 for their online courses.

By Hazel R

Sep 20, 2020

I love it videos was informative and to the point very easy to understand and give a vast view into the behavior and welfare of so many animals makes one think and feel a bit guilty and sad but overall it was an amazing course

By Janice R

Oct 20, 2020

It's a very interesting course. It made me appreciate my pets, animals in captivity, and animals for production. It gives clear examples of problems and solutions for animal welfare issues. Thank you for the interesting course!

By Akuila U

Apr 28, 2018

The Best Ever. I am from fiji and i am happy and satisfied completing this course. I hope that one day i can work somewhere overseas probably in a zoo or a farming field where i can practice what i have learnt today. Regards.

By ANUPAM J

Sep 12, 2020

Exceptional serious learning for ones interested in Animal welfare and studies. Awesome and credential veterans who guide along the course, thanks to all honest endeavor of all faculty from Animal Behaviour and Welfare MOOC.

By Kaveetha H

Oct 6, 2020

I loved doing this course .it was interesting and informative and also the lectures they have done a great job in order to bring this up this way. the lectures were also very clearly explaining all the facts

thank you..

By Shakila P

Jul 21, 2020

I have learned so much about Animal Behavior and Welfare though this course. Learning materials were really helpful to gain an in-depth knowledge. Thank you for all the instructors who prepared and presented the course.

By William H

Apr 25, 2020

Very informative, learned some new things. I'm mostly around Dogs and Cats but i tell everyone i can that every animal is their own individual with their own individual needs. I'm happy to see us moving in that direction,

By Andreia A

Sep 16, 2020

Exceptional course. I've learned so much, about different animals on different situations. This course will have a great impact on my career and completely change my perception of animal welfare and how to access that.

By Megha R

Jun 23, 2020

This course has been really informative, from farm animals to wild animals it has covered everything. For anyone who cares and would like to understand animal behaviour a bit better, this course is definitely helpful.

By Maria K

Jan 16, 2021

Exceptional. Everyone involved in this course is needless to say expert in their fields and trying to enrich our knowledge and understanding on the "ethical", for me, matter on animal behaviour and welfare. Thank you

By Leonard H

Apr 14, 2020

Great materials and easy to understand video, presentation of course and information, making it easy for me to learn in a very interactive way. Thank you to the team for preparing such wonderful and excellent course!

By Gabrielle

Nov 1, 2020

Very informative course, definitely gave me a challenge that, I was in need of. I enjoyed the theory behind it and to better understand that, animal welfare is far more vast than what we think. Would recommend this.

By Divyani N

Apr 10, 2017

It was a wonderful course. It gave me great insights into animal behaviour and welfare issues that really enhanced my knowledge and experience as an animal lover. The course is well structured and comprehensive.

By Alyssa S

Mar 21, 2016

This was an excellent course. It was well put together, and presented in a way that kept me engaged and interested. I learned a lot and feel that I am much more well-informed on the subject of animal welfare now.

By Mhairi M

Aug 23, 2020

A really interesting and well delivered course. The course content was fun to learn and very manageable to get done, would recommend to anyone interested in an animal focused career or with a love of animals.

By Salamma M

Aug 23, 2020

This course was very interesting and inspiring.I thank you for making available this course.I enjoyed the course and vedio and institution.It was nice to know about the different kind of animal and behaviors.

By Cathrine

Sep 2, 2019

This course has had a great emotional impact on me and made me change my attitude to many things, including my diet. Thanks a lot to all professors of the University. You are doing a great and important job!