Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS
Jun 21, 2020

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR
Apr 27, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

176 - 200 of 940 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Shakila P

Jul 21, 2020

I have learned so much about Animal Behavior and Welfare though this course. Learning materials were really helpful to gain an in-depth knowledge. Thank you for all the instructors who prepared and presented the course.

By William H

Apr 25, 2020

Very informative, learned some new things. I'm mostly around Dogs and Cats but i tell everyone i can that every animal is their own individual with their own individual needs. I'm happy to see us moving in that direction,

By Andreia A

Sep 16, 2020

Exceptional course. I've learned so much, about different animals on different situations. This course will have a great impact on my career and completely change my perception of animal welfare and how to access that.

By Megha R

Jun 23, 2020

This course has been really informative, from farm animals to wild animals it has covered everything. For anyone who cares and would like to understand animal behaviour a bit better, this course is definitely helpful.

By Maria K

Jan 16, 2021

Exceptional. Everyone involved in this course is needless to say expert in their fields and trying to enrich our knowledge and understanding on the "ethical", for me, matter on animal behaviour and welfare. Thank you

By Leonard H

Apr 14, 2020

Great materials and easy to understand video, presentation of course and information, making it easy for me to learn in a very interactive way. Thank you to the team for preparing such wonderful and excellent course!

By Gabrielle

Nov 1, 2020

Very informative course, definitely gave me a challenge that, I was in need of. I enjoyed the theory behind it and to better understand that, animal welfare is far more vast than what we think. Would recommend this.

By Divyani N

Apr 10, 2017

It was a wonderful course. It gave me great insights into animal behaviour and welfare issues that really enhanced my knowledge and experience as an animal lover. The course is well structured and comprehensive.

By Alyssa L

Mar 21, 2016

This was an excellent course. It was well put together, and presented in a way that kept me engaged and interested. I learned a lot and feel that I am much more well-informed on the subject of animal welfare now.

By Mhairi M

Aug 23, 2020

A really interesting and well delivered course. The course content was fun to learn and very manageable to get done, would recommend to anyone interested in an animal focused career or with a love of animals.

By Salamma M

Aug 23, 2020

This course was very interesting and inspiring.I thank you for making available this course.I enjoyed the course and vedio and institution.It was nice to know about the different kind of animal and behaviors.

By Cathrine

Sep 2, 2019

This course has had a great emotional impact on me and made me change my attitude to many things, including my diet. Thanks a lot to all professors of the University. You are doing a great and important job!

By Erabaddagodage S D

Nov 13, 2020

Very Good course. have some problems with answer reviews. It's not very hard to do this If we read and watch the lecture very well.I got new knowladge about animals from this and I love this course so much.

By Ernesto J C C

Jul 8, 2020

I loved it, it captured my interests, showing different points view, not making a direct point but by showing and teaching diferent opinion so we can make our own choices for the best of the animal welfare

By Christina M

Oct 15, 2019

I have multiple degrees and certificates in Animal Science and I still learned A LOT from this course. Great videos that really make you think about a wide range of animal welfare issues. Highly recommend!

By Elizabeth d l S J

TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT! I am a veterinary student and decided to take this course because I had some spare time, to my surprise, I learned SO much and I will use the knowledge learned in my school studies!

By Silvian H

Apr 2, 2017

An excellent opportunity to broaden my knowledge on the topic. Has been extremely helpful in my activities as an animal rights activist in Costa Rica. Well structured, clear lessons, witty and appealing.

By Molly B

Feb 18, 2016

I loved this course because it was simple and enjoyable. I could easily finish is alongside my schooling and extra things. I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in a career with animals :)

By Carin V

Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed the comprehensive approach to all aspects of animal welfare, including companion, food and zoo animals. It was also interesting to see the primarily EU perspective, as an American Vet.

By Lydia L

Apr 6, 2020

I'm a recent graduate in Veterinary Medicine interested in Production Animal Welfare and I found this course motivating and clear. It has allowed me both to deepen some aspects and to review the basics.

By Maria C

Jan 7, 2021

It is a very nice course, which provides you with all the important information about animal life, problems, right or wrong situations and solutions for improving or achiving the best animal wellfare.

By Amy L

Very educational, was a pleasure to do and had a good learning procedure in place. very motivational to complete the course too. Thank you for the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills in life.

By Candida V

Oct 25, 2019

I'm so grateful for being able to complete this course! Thank you all for your work and developing it, may it help many more people, and may we use this knowledge to improve the lives of other animals.

By Hana B

Apr 13, 2017

Perfect! I enjoyed learning new information about animal welfare though the parts of slaughter and use of animals in testing is not very pleasant, but it's reality. Thank you very much for this course!

By Víctor M d R G

It is for me a very important way to understand better all the animal welfare concept, and what animal welfare scientist are doing at present and what this science need to develop for a better future.