Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS
Jun 21, 2020

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR
Apr 27, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

251 - 275 of 1,010 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Laura-Jane S

Jan 3, 2019

Really enjoyed the course, very thought provoking and loved the different types of materials available. The ability to save notes as you go through was really helpful too.

By Rhona W

Jul 28, 2020

Great way to build on current knowledge of animal welfare and great to see animal welfare covered in a variety of animals from pets, farm stock and zoological collections

By Noemie W

Jun 28, 2020

This course is an excellent opportunity to broaden your knowledge on the topic. The lectures are interesting and the teachers are very enthusiasts. I highly recommend it.

By Charlotte E

Apr 9, 2020

Excellent and accessible topics presented in a fair and easy to understand manner, with interesting coverage of some difficult moral, scientific and philosophical issues.

By Nilanjan C

Jun 11, 2020

I am really very thankful to coursera and university of edinburgh for providing and caring on such a crucial and delicate topic. It will really help me a lot. Thank you.

By saji g

Jun 27, 2021

This is a very interesting course. I have learned a lot about the welfare aspects of animals through this course. Thanks a lot and congratulations to my Instructors.

By Jeremy F

Aug 15, 2020

This is a great course, I would love to see a undergrad course at Diploma or similar level via distance ed made available to learn more about this in greater detail.

By Nishant A M

Mar 2, 2020

I loved this course so much. After completing this course I got a different understanding of the way animals behave and how I can help in the welfare of the animals.

By Cassidy W

Apr 21, 2020

I really enjoyed all of the information that was given throughout this course! All instructors have done a great job at making sure they cover everything important.

By S F B

Dec 21, 2017

Me fue muy útil toda la información que se nos proporciona, es un tema bastante interesante y controversial y me encanto la manera en como lo exponen, muy completo.

By Katherine

Oct 11, 2016

This was an exceptional course! I really loved it, the way it was set up, and taught.

I would recommend this course to anyone interested in the welfare of an animal.

By Mil C

Jun 21, 2020

This course was well presented and a lot more interesting that I thought it would be. All presenters were great. Loved taking the quiz at the end of each module.

By Sally N

Dec 17, 2019

Extremely enjoyable, informative and professional!!! I wasn't bored once. Excellent research and so many very interesting facts that I never knew. Thank you. Sally

By Ezgi G

Sep 10, 2017

This is a very nice experience for me. I would like to thank your team for this lovely 7 weeks and for your information. It was a very fun and educational program.

By Nandita N

May 5, 2020

I learned many new things as such:

The 5 freedoms, the welfare of animals, and there behavioral for different situation

thank you so much for this wonderful course!

By Angelina W

Jul 28, 2020

Great discussion of animal welfare, although it mostly covers practices in Europe. The instructors stress, though, that the concept of animal welfare is global.

By Sunday A

Feb 12, 2020

This is a wonderful course with great information that must be at the fingertips of every animal scientist. Privileged to have spent my few weeks in the course.

By Monica F

Jul 22, 2020

Very informative. Easy structure and I also liked being able to download the transcripts of the video modules so they could be kept for further reading later.

By Sonia G

Oct 15, 2019

This was the first course I took with Coursera and I loved it ! I learnt a lot about animal welfare and I am looking forward to learn more with other courses.

By Sabrina K

Mar 10, 2018

Very nice and informative course! Great overview! Super to have a lot of additional material and resources! Very well done and very nice speakers! :) Thanks!

By Géza K

Feb 27, 2021

Really great and objective course.

Unfortunately the interactive sessions are made with Flash and therefore there is no way to use them with modern browsers.

By Sally W

Mar 1, 2018

Very beneficial for anyone working with animals or even just interested in animal welfare issues. It has definitely given me some good knowledge to pass on.

By Magge

Apr 22, 2021

I haven't had much experience with this area of study and this course definitely exposed me to new perspectives. Also appreciated the additional resources.

By Ruth C A

Thoughtfully prepared, extremely knowledgeable instructors, wealth of information. Thank you sincerely for permitting me to take this course without a fee.

By Sarah M

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have learnt so much and cannot wait to sign up for my next one. Thank you to the incredible team who put this together.