Back to Animal Behaviour and Welfare

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh

Animal welfare has been described as a complex, multi-faceted public policy issue which includes important scientific, ethical, and other dimensions. Improving our understanding of animal welfare, involves the fascinating study of animal behavior as well as the challenge of accessing the emotions of animals. This is the On-Demand version of this course, which means you can start the course at any time and work through the course materials at your own pace. The materials and quizzes will always be available to you. You can come and talk about the course on Twitter using the hashtag #EdAniWelf...

AS
Jun 21, 2020

This course was very informative and interesting! I enjoyed the lectures as well as the instructors and also loved that it focused on many different kinds animal welfare issues. Definitely recommend!

PR
Apr 27, 2020

Its a nicely designed course. It sheds light on many animal care practices and welfare. Very well instructions and quiz sessions are arranged. Many important learnings and takeaways from the course.

251 - 275 of 945 Reviews for Animal Behaviour and Welfare

By Monica F

Jul 22, 2020

Very informative. Easy structure and I also liked being able to download the transcripts of the video modules so they could be kept for further reading later.

By Sonia G

Oct 15, 2019

This was the first course I took with Coursera and I loved it ! I learnt a lot about animal welfare and I am looking forward to learn more with other courses.

By Sabrina K

Mar 10, 2018

Very nice and informative course! Great overview! Super to have a lot of additional material and resources! Very well done and very nice speakers! :) Thanks!

By Géza K

Feb 27, 2021

Really great and objective course.

Unfortunately the interactive sessions are made with Flash and therefore there is no way to use them with modern browsers.

By Sally W

Mar 1, 2018

Very beneficial for anyone working with animals or even just interested in animal welfare issues. It has definitely given me some good knowledge to pass on.

By Ruth C A

Thoughtfully prepared, extremely knowledgeable instructors, wealth of information. Thank you sincerely for permitting me to take this course without a fee.

By Sarah M

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have learnt so much and cannot wait to sign up for my next one. Thank you to the incredible team who put this together.

By Michelle D

May 15, 2020

Excellent introduction to this topic. Good scientific basis, but pitched at a an appropriate level for a non-scientist. Would highly recommend this course.

By Marie L

Aug 27, 2019

i learned so many things I didn't know about animal welfare. I take care of dogs and I learned things about their behavior I didn't realize but made sense.

By Ishaya U G

The course was well prepared and also engaging. I like the practical aspect of it. Where the instructors interact with the animals they are talking about.

By Alicia v Z

More videos in the final, optional unit would have been helpful. It was an excellent course and I learnt a lot, particularly in the farm animal sections.

By Edikan E E

Learning this course has improved my knowledge on animal behaviour and welfare. I now look forward to applying this skill to my chosen career. Thank you.

By KWOK J H E

Apr 24, 2020

Very in-depth, and provides practical examples. A definite must-learn especially for captive taxa management in both commercial and conservation fields.

By Megan C

Jan 8, 2017

Great opportunity to learn and even if used as a "refresher" for things you may have previously learnt, it is well worth the time to do

Fantastic course,

By Ridwan M

Oct 27, 2020

This course graded my knowledge on animal welfare and behavior. and I am appreciating on how successfully animal welfare science encourage our animals.

By Zoe T

Apr 30, 2020

Good course content that is very informative, it will help me greatly in my future career choice and for my future animal management degree. Thank you!

By Rey W

Feb 9, 2017

Animal welfare issues in this course are not presented as cruelty, as they truly are, but it is very informative and science-based, which is important.

By Justin B

Jan 15, 2016

I learned so much about the welfare philosophies that are practiced across the globe! I look forward to future courses with this wonderful institution.

By Serena F

Jul 21, 2020

Me encantó, es un tema muy duro, pero el enfoque neutro, agarrado siempre de la ciencia me pareció muy certero, muchas gracias por sus reconocimientos

By Kowode B R

I'm so honoured to have gone through the Animal welfare course on Coursera. It was so enlightening and Educative. Coursers offers the best e-learning.

By Lucía T C M

Jan 25, 2020

This course provided me with an integrated, broad and complex view of animal welfare issues based on the animal's behaviour and perception. Thank you!

By Paula A

Sep 10, 2017

Maravilloso, ojalá puedan hacer más cursos como este en otras partes del mundo para comparar contenidos y comportamientos desde las prácticas humanas.

By Heather R

Mar 28, 2017

Very insightful and important topic! I am thrilled that this is available. This should be a requirement for everyone who works in any setting with ani

By Eduardo F T

Jun 6, 2020

Really nice program, although is 2020. The data given here is really updated and was think in a way people could learn the basics about animal needs.

By Ghesquière

Oct 4, 2019

Ce cours m'a beaucoup plu l'approche scientifique de la santé et du bien-être animal a changé ma façon de considérer les besoins des animaux. Merci !