Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

651 - 665 of 665 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By David H

Apr 3, 2020

Massive issues with Labs not working; parts of segments too superficiel explained

By leonardo l f

Jan 18, 2021

Instructor should explain how to make a capstone project and what is

By Fabian S

Dec 31, 2020

External services to be used do not live up to the standards.

By 王逸洋

Oct 15, 2020

I would prefer to have a self-designed project.

By RITIK Y S

Mar 31, 2020

Need some more guidance on Capstone

By nikolas v

Jul 8, 2020

I get now (8th of July) a message that I can only begin in August on my assignment although I have finished week 4 succesfully!!!

I find it unacceptable that Coursera tries to let you renew your monthly subscription over and over again.

Could you unlock my assignment week 5 please?

Also Coursera let you use IBM lite subscription for free in the beginning but if you use it a lot, the lite version is not enough. You can upgrade, if you pay...

If you enroll for subcourses, you are charged each time you submit another small part.

the classes itself are good but Coursera is not clear on how much you need to pay in the end. The prices they let you believe seem reasonable but there are hidden extra costs.

By Javier J

Aug 20, 2020

There are a lot of things wrong with this course: The labs need to be updated, we are asking to do something that didn't work in the labs. We are also ask to submit links, and the submission box does not allow clickable links. The Quizzes that doesn't show the question, the all or nothing peer reviewers, all of this is in the discussion forums, but there is not enough support staff.

By Varun C

Aug 6, 2020

One star for the fact that the Lab notebooks were flooded with errors, you would need more time fixing the errors rather than going through them,

Also, in peer graded assignments, some of the links submitted aren't processed as hyperlinks and cannot be copy pasted either, so there's no way to view them.

Very bad experience on this one.

By Dennis M K

Oct 11, 2020

This obscene deadlines are impossible to say the least. If you wanted us to pay you the two months immediately you could have just stated it on the terms... I would rather pay all the three months worth of tuition immediately than wait almost to months to finish this course.

By Kendall L

May 23, 2020

This was the most frustrating course I have taken on Coursera. The foursqure api is not up to date and I had to waste hours of my life fixing the bugs.

By Takahiro Y

Oct 3, 2020

cannot unlock and continue studying after resting the deadline.

By Bhyri C V P S

Jul 12, 2020

my lab sessions and assignments are closed

By Abdelsalam M

Aug 7, 2020

very bad courxe i hate ibm really

By Romisaa K