Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

YS

Jul 10, 2019

This course is instructive and challenging at the same time. Now I do wish I know a bit more about python and pandas before I jump in this course. But in the end I managed to get through.

201 - 220 of 220 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Wilton B R

Sep 29, 2019

Challenging and good, it is good to be creative and invest the necessary hours to get a good project.

By Hugo R

Oct 21, 2019

The contents of the courses are good, but I feel that there could be more support to student questions.

By Yechen H

Oct 06, 2019

Overall, the course is very practical, you have the chance to do a project use the technology you have learned so far, and get a feeling of what Data Science work looks like. Recommend for those who interested in Data Science Area.

By Constantinos L

Nov 02, 2019

Was very good although I was expecting something more advanced

By YIFAN H

Nov 10, 2019

真的难,对我这个初学者来说

By Ravindra D

Nov 20, 2019

Hands on project it involves and let us do all the concepts learnt so far.

By Baptiste M

Nov 28, 2019

Solid finisher with enough freedom and constraints to give a framework for notation yet remaining interesting while preventing to drift away.

By 赵圆方

Mar 16, 2019

really difficult

By Mbongeni N M

Feb 13, 2019

The instructor of the capstone saved this specialization for me.

By Sisir K

Apr 21, 2019

Very challenging. A lot of the things you have to do in the final project are things you must figure out on your own, since they're not explained in any previous lessons.

By Brandon S

Jul 27, 2019

I think I was a tougher critic of my own project than anyone else was going to be; the rubric for peer-grading was almost entirely about presentation with little emphasis on the data analysis itself. The requirement to use Foursquare's API was a limitation on the possible topics for the project, and Foursquare's documentation of endpoints fails to disclose that some fields such as Rating are the result of proprietary, unusual calculations that are unlikely to correlate strongly with any simple data.

By Pawel L

Jul 14, 2019

To much focus on Foursquare API

By Mohammad Q

Sep 02, 2019

This course is about applying what you learn on a free form project.. but you should use Foursquare API which it might be challenging little bit to deal with..

By Ozkan K

Sep 15, 2019

I did not find the project relevant to the rest of the course

By Abdul M A

Sep 25, 2019

very vague with the information

By Pablo D B

Jul 30, 2019

It would have been better if the assignment were split on previous courses. IMHO, this course was way longer than the other courses of the specialization

By Izabela K

Sep 24, 2019

I hoped this course would be more complex but it mostly consist of Foursquare API requests. I had to focus how to fit other datasets in addition to Foursquare data to find something interesting but instead of using fancy algorithms and testing them I had to focus on data and it was really time consuming, I spent 2x more time on each assignment. Whole IBM DS path was great but final course was a big disappointment.

By Armen M

Dec 08, 2019

Just terrible , No Any Idea what to build no any suggestion what methods to use togeher

By Pablo V V

Apr 02, 2019

more exercises, more projects.

By Shannon R J

Dec 02, 2019

Capstone implies apply what you learned throughout the program. I appreciate that you were able to work in things you learned of your choice if you wanted to, but the sole requirement and focus of the capstone shouldn't be to include something that was just introduced. Also, the graded lab that isn't part of the final project cannot be completed with the knowledge provided by this course. I should NEVER receive instructions to check out more help on YouTube from a course for which I am paying. I will not recommend this course to anyone.