Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD

Oct 24, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

TH

Jul 10, 2019

This is a great course and lots of fun. But it is a big commitment and you need to take it seriously. To get the most out of this course you will need to spend at least 30 hours doing it.

26 - 50 of 254 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Ashish D

Dec 22, 2019

Utterly useless. It mandates a learner to work on geo data related project only.

And that too using a very specific api and data.

No option to work or submit meaningful capstone projects.

By Piyush L

Oct 21, 2019

This is the best part of the specialization and I learned a lot in this Capstone Project. If you've been doing all of the 8 previous courses, believe me those 8 courses are nothing compared to this course when it comes to putting time and hard work. You will learn a lot of things including web scraping, connecting to a url, using geolocation services to get data about a location. You'll also use foursquare API to get popular venues in a particular location. This project is super interesting but at the same you have to put in a lot of work too! It took me more than a month to do this capstone alone but it can be easily done in around 3 weeks if you're dedicated in completing it.

By James C

Jul 14, 2019

Good class, very useful. Peer grading is a great idea, don't like the practice of posting notes in the forum with subjects like "You grade mine and I'll grade yours." At the least, it gives the appearance of cheating. It is also wasteful, as it leads to some assignments being graded multiple times while others are waiting in the queue. This is a practice that Coursera encourages, which is baffling to me. Even in the last class in a 9 class series, I ran into people submitting blank or nearly blank assignments, with no content or inappropriate content, who were apparently hoping for a pity pass or cheating.

By Nur C N

Jul 23, 2019

This course is really good and give enough challenge on the final project, especially on how to get data from multiple sources: scraping data from web, call APIs, and visualize it on map after call the clustering algorithm. I like the way we should prepare all material to complete the course like visual presentation with slide/blog post, report, and share the code in GitHub. Really glad I take all these 9 courses, can't wait to take other specialization course.

By Marvin L

Oct 31, 2019

It was very good.. Overall. few things I like to add.

Sharing my notebook from Cloud was not working a lots time.

GitHub , or Jupiter Notebook with simple 2 lines of coding did not work..

Also, a lot of time, cloud machine just spins.. -- without showing it

My resource got close to limit , - Could not add more code..

Instructions were out of date, could not be applied current version

Working with Cloud machine was challenging !!

By Srinivas M B

May 13, 2019

This Course is excellent and it gives Data Science,Methodology,python programming,Machine learning algorithims,Labs Excercises,Assignments and finally Capstone Project is worth to gain very good skills and knowledge.With this course I gained very strong skills and am now very confident in this Data Scientist field. Thank You Coursera and IBM for this course.

By ADIL B

Dec 05, 2019

Started with no programming knowledge, took this while working a full time job, it was not always easy, but i am really glad that i took the decision to go out from my confort zone. Today i can handle topics like machine learning, data analysis and visualization with python. thanks for the IBM team who really has done an amazing job on this course.

By Hari K G

Sep 12, 2019

This is wonderful platform for enthusiastic Data Scientists aspirants to learn sophisticated empirical analysis to understand and make predictions about complex systems. Demonstrated methods and tooling from probability and statistics, mathematics, and computer science and primarily focus on extracting insights from data.

ThankYou

Hari Kumar G

By Abhishek S

Oct 21, 2019

Great Specialization. I thank the whole team of IBM and Coursera for providing me this valuable knowledge. This specialization is my first stepping stone towards my aim of becoming a Data Scientist.

Also, I would love to convey thanks to Coursera for this wonderful Financial aid program, only because of which I completed this course.

By Tareq A

Apr 27, 2019

It's a high technical course includes new professional and market need tools. In addition to that it review the previous courses tools and used to build our final capstone project.

Thank you, IBM, Thank you, Coursera, Thank you, all Instructors and students who participate in the discussion of courses forum.

By Naga M

Dec 16, 2018

This is a very useful capstone project in which you can apply all the learning you have done throughout the course, the more practice you do the more you learn. I like this course from coursera and recommend it for data science aspirants.

Thank You!

By Folorunsho E

Oct 15, 2019

Quite a long series of lectures, but it's definitely worth every minute. I've come to grow from a rudimentary understanding of data science to a level where i can tackle moderately difficult exercises. It was a thralling learning experience for me.

By Sarah S

Jan 09, 2019

Completing this course has really opened a lot of avenues for me in the internship realm, I feel like I have experience with important concepts that open the doors to the places and jobs I want to go. This course was tricky, but worth it.

By Galib H K

Apr 10, 2019

The Capstone project was great. It helped me to get some hands-on experiment on data Science. Just one thing, the project should be more open and the restriction of using Foursquare API should not be there. Overall, great course really!

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By William B L

May 17, 2019

i have learned a great deal about the tools, methodology, and procedures of data science over the course of these classes. All of this will be critical to building a new career. This course has really empowered my curiosity.

By 朱晓琳

Apr 28, 2019

This capstone project is challenge and fun. You are going to use what you have learned to complete an anlysis of a topic. What is more meaningful thing is that you can learn from others by reading their report and code.

By Amit A

Nov 18, 2019

I am glad to have taken up this course and it was very well crafted assignment that allows you to use your skills from pandas, data visualization, Foursquare API and machine learning algorithms to name a few.

By Sergei M

Jul 09, 2019

Excellent course that at the same time provides rich set of tools to get insights from raw data and also stimulate to learn a bunch of additional methods and techniques to make this capstone project perfect!

By Tsungai J M

Jan 16, 2020

Very challenging but truly rewarding. I learnt a lot through the mistakes I made throughout the project but there is a lot of support on the forum and the internet to help with any issue.

By Yibing S

Jul 10, 2019

This course is instructive and challenging at the same time. Now I do wish I know a bit more about python and pandas before I jump in this course. But in the end I managed to get through.

By Ted H

By Houssam A

Dec 13, 2019

A real data science projet. This one took me the most time between all other courses in this formation. I is useful and make you work with real problems and searching for real data.

By Mohammad Z R

Sep 18, 2019

Well design course for the Capstone project. It's bit challenges to do complete. Finally got the knowledge to applied the data science technique to find the insight of the data.

By Filipe S M G

Sep 05, 2019

This is the most difficult and time consuming part of the specialization. However, it gives a feeling that we are working in something meaningful, in a realistic application.