Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

601 - 625 of 635 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Oscar C C

There are some errors in the instructions labs, in forums is the way you can get help, but it it necessary to modify the code in the examples.

By Jianfeng Z

Nov 2, 2020

Good practical lesson. However the learning curve is too steep compare to the other courses in this certificate.

By Apurv G

Apr 5, 2020

Great capstone project. But forced to do the same project. It would be better to get more choices of projects.

By Piotr M

Jun 11, 2020

I didn't like that we had to use Foursquare — I could not come up with anything interesting.

By Siddhant S

Apr 2, 2020

The difficulty could be increased and the scope of topics covered could be wider.

By Mbongeni N M

Feb 13, 2019

The instructor of the capstone saved this specialization for me.

By Ozkan K

Sep 15, 2019

I did not find the project relevant to the rest of the course

By Rosana R

Nov 11, 2020

It is difficult. I will like more support from the teachers.

By Alberto I A

Dec 23, 2019

Broken links in samples and csv data files.

By Charles J

May 3, 2020

some lab codes cannot run smoothly

By Abdul M A

Sep 25, 2019

very vague with the information

By Amey S P

Feb 11, 2020

It is good for beginners.

By Akshay I

Jul 25, 2020

Hardness Level High

By 赵圆方

Mar 16, 2019

really difficult

By Alperen K

Dec 14, 2020

it was the worst Coursera course I've ever took. Course capstones pages are buggy, there are not adequate explanations at videos. The final project is very painful because there are not enough resources and you are forced to prepare "notebook", "report" and "presentation/blog post" can't we just prepare two of these items?

By Pablo D B

Jul 30, 2019

It would have been better if the assignment were split on previous courses. IMHO, this course was way longer than the other courses of the specialization

By Diego A F P

Many errors in the lab and some code were not properly explained. The quality of this module was not as good as the others.

By Karol S

May 16, 2020

One of the worst mooc ever, content outdated, lessons not real life, and absolute lack of feedback on final assignment

By Mutlu O

Apr 7, 2020

LABs in this course had quite a lot of bugs which costed me a lot of time and nerves.

By David H

Apr 3, 2020

Massive issues with Labs not working; parts of segments too superficiel explained

By leonardo l f

Jan 18, 2021

Instructor should explain how to make a capstone project and what is

By Fabian S

Dec 31, 2020

External services to be used do not live up to the standards.

By 王逸洋

Oct 15, 2020

I would prefer to have a self-designed project.

By RITIK Y S

Mar 31, 2020

Need some more guidance on Capstone

By nikolas v

Jul 8, 2020

I get now (8th of July) a message that I can only begin in August on my assignment although I have finished week 4 succesfully!!!

I find it unacceptable that Coursera tries to let you renew your monthly subscription over and over again.

Could you unlock my assignment week 5 please?

Also Coursera let you use IBM lite subscription for free in the beginning but if you use it a lot, the lite version is not enough. You can upgrade, if you pay...

If you enroll for subcourses, you are charged each time you submit another small part.

the classes itself are good but Coursera is not clear on how much you need to pay in the end. The prices they let you believe seem reasonable but there are hidden extra costs.