Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with real datasets. You will assume the role of a Data Scientist working for a startup intending to compete with SpaceX, and in the process follow the Data Science methodology involving data collection, data wrangling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, model development, model evaluation, and reporting your results to stakeholders. You are tasked with predicting if the first stage of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will land successfully. SpaceX advertises Falcon 9 rocket launches on its website, with a cost of 62 million dollars; other providers cost upward of 165 million dollars each, much of the savings is because SpaceX can reuse the first stage. Therefore if you can accurately predict the likelihood of the first stage rocket landing successfully, you can determine the cost of a launch. With the help of your Data Science findings and models, the competing startup you have been hired by can make more informed bids against SpaceX for a rocket launch. This course is the final course in the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate as well as the Applied Data Science with Python Specialization. It is expected that you have completed all of the prior courses in the specialization/certificate before starting this one, as it requires the application of the knowledge and skills taught in those courses. In this course, there will not be too much new learning, and instead, the focus will be on hands-on work to demonstrate what you have learned in the previous courses. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

726 - 750 of 754 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Ramakrishnan S

Jan 23, 2021

Didnt complete the project, Un enrolling

By Artem R

Nov 5, 2021

Long time check of the submissions.

By Charles J

May 3, 2020

some lab codes cannot run smoothly

By Abdul M A

Sep 25, 2019

very vague with the information

By Amey S P

Feb 11, 2020

It is good for beginners.

By Akshay I

Jul 25, 2020

Hardness Level High

By 赵圆方

Mar 16, 2019

really difficult

By Scott W

Jun 16, 2021

This review was written after taking the other courses in the IBM Data Science certificate.

The certificate as a whole is well worth it, in my opinion, and I feel like I learned a lot about the different aspects and methods to data science, which makes the way this particular course is written all the more baffling.

I have no idea why, after weeks or even months of learning about all these different data science aspects including machine learning, SQL, and other topics, this finishing course is almost entirely centered around the FourSquare API and being forced to use location data specifically.

This course in particular needs a rethink, especially in the subject matter department. Instructions in the labs are vague, and in some cases, don't even work properly. Code is given without explanation of what it does. Only one person needs to grade your project for you to get the final grade.

By far the worst course of the entire certificate.

By Hailu K

Sep 10, 2021

It serves better as a review project than threading all previous courses than as a real project. Especially that the final report is just ridiculous... No one in real working situation would submit such a report: they'd upset their stakeholders.

By Pablo D B

Jul 30, 2019

It would have been better if the assignment were split on previous courses. IMHO, this course was way longer than the other courses of the specialization

By Diego A F P

Many errors in the lab and some code were not properly explained. The quality of this module was not as good as the others.

By Karol S

May 16, 2020

One of the worst mooc ever, content outdated, lessons not real life, and absolute lack of feedback on final assignment

By Mutlu O

Apr 7, 2020

LABs in this course had quite a lot of bugs which costed me a lot of time and nerves.

By David H

Apr 3, 2020

Massive issues with Labs not working; parts of segments too superficiel explained

By leonardo f

Jan 18, 2021

Instructor should explain how to make a capstone project and what is

By Fabian S

Dec 31, 2020

External services to be used do not live up to the standards.

By 王逸洋

Oct 15, 2020

I would prefer to have a self-designed project.

By RITIK S

Mar 31, 2020

Need some more guidance on Capstone

By Nejc M

Jul 29, 2021

The course is actually very very hard, I made it through all the Data Science courses for Proffesional Certificate, however, when I came to this final course, I kind of got lost when working on assignments that would lead me to create a project of the desired outcome. As it's been some time since I took other Data Science courses and tried to complete this one, I came back now, after around a year, to see if anything got fixed as I believe other participants of the course had problems creating their projects as well, yet however, I see that nothing has changed. Tried creating the project again, yet got stuck at the assignment for week 3. Maybe Coursera or IBM Teaching staff should really look into this issue that not only I am experiencing.

By nikolas v

Jul 8, 2020

I get now (8th of July) a message that I can only begin in August on my assignment although I have finished week 4 succesfully!!!

I find it unacceptable that Coursera tries to let you renew your monthly subscription over and over again.

Could you unlock my assignment week 5 please?

Also Coursera let you use IBM lite subscription for free in the beginning but if you use it a lot, the lite version is not enough. You can upgrade, if you pay...

If you enroll for subcourses, you are charged each time you submit another small part.

the classes itself are good but Coursera is not clear on how much you need to pay in the end. The prices they let you believe seem reasonable but there are hidden extra costs.

By Daniel B

Nov 4, 2021

Utterly frustrating. Materials / deliverables change regularly so you I've ended up needing to restart twice. Course is poorly curated, basically just leaving you to debug code rather than really teaching you about data science.

Moderators ignore you (or simply don't exist?)

I regret being on this course for such a long time and wasting so much money. There are much better courses out there. This doesn't deserve the IBM brand.

By Haryanto A

Oct 16, 2021

Terrible. I was more than half way through this course and they changed the course and I had to start over. It was already unclear, now the instructions are much less than before. A waste of money.

By Mao T T

Sep 6, 2021

T​he instructors reset the course without any prior warning whatsoever so I had to redo the entire course despite all the time and effort I put in.

By Ramon B

Sep 21, 2021

worst course content instead of other IBM courses

By Bhyri C V P S

Jul 12, 2020

my lab sessions and assignments are closed