Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

76 - 100 of 614 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Yixuan Z

Jun 1, 2020

I really like the hands-on exercises in this course, very interesting. And the capstone project make me review all skills I've leart in this course. I hope I could become an volunteer TA for this Data Science course and contribute to our learner community. Thank you for providing this course!

By Agustin P S

Feb 13, 2020

I'm glad we get to choose the theme of our final project, because I had a lot of fun, and not having any templates or guides to follow really tests what you have learned until now.

This course can either be really fun or really boring, depending on what YOU choose as your final project.

By Levllyn R

Fantastic, excellently curated

For the capstone , Week 3 was challenging to use the imports for Beautiful Soup (spent a day here and did not figure it out) . As this is different on different platforms, suggest improving this part . Else I loved it.

By Folorunsho E

Oct 15, 2019

Quite a long series of lectures, but it's definitely worth every minute. I've come to grow from a rudimentary understanding of data science to a level where i can tackle moderately difficult exercises. It was a thralling learning experience for me.

By Sarah S

Jan 9, 2019

Completing this course has really opened a lot of avenues for me in the internship realm, I feel like I have experience with important concepts that open the doors to the places and jobs I want to go. This course was tricky, but worth it.

By Galib H K

Apr 10, 2019

The Capstone project was great. It helped me to get some hands-on experiment on data Science. Just one thing, the project should be more open and the restriction of using Foursquare API should not be there. Overall, great course really!

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Prem V

This course is really helpful for me, it has given me complete idea about Datascience and lots of Hands on exercise, given me lot of confidence to handle real life data problem alone and bring out useful insights out of it. Thank you

By William B L

May 16, 2019

i have learned a great deal about the tools, methodology, and procedures of data science over the course of these classes. All of this will be critical to building a new career. This course has really empowered my curiosity.

By SHUBHAM K

Sep 21, 2020

This last project was given in such amnner that all that we learnt in the last 8 courses could be checked at once. I enjoyed a lot doin this course as well as the overall certification. Thanks a lot mentors, IBM and Coursera.

By Joseph G

Jan 30, 2020

This was great! The review, the practice capstone, and then having the freedom to do our own thing. It took a really long time for me to get it right, but I am so proud of my final product and the fact that I did it myself!

By Emad

Jan 30, 2020

I've never imagined I'd be able to produce these insightful results and valuable conclusion from the scattered data. It was really fun and joyful going through the entire specialization, I'd recommend this course strongly.

By Shepherd M

Jul 12, 2020

It was really insightful, coming from knowing almost nothing about data science or tools used in data science, it was easy to understand and follow while not feeling shallow. Just the right amount of information density.

By 朱晓琳

Apr 28, 2019

This capstone project is challenge and fun. You are going to use what you have learned to complete an anlysis of a topic. What is more meaningful thing is that you can learn from others by reading their report and code.

By Ka M W

May 3, 2020

Great course. Capstone project courses always sounds intimidating. Nevertheless with the first three weeks with some practices and guidance, it made the final project exercise very much enjoyable. Highly recommended

By Bhavesh G

Apr 9, 2020

I learn lot many new things during this course to complete my capstone project. I specially thanks to Instructor Alex Aklson, who taught location based API i.e. foursquare, neighborhood segmentation and clustering.

By Antonio S

Mar 30, 2020

Great course! A few suggestions to improve might be: make sure the labs.cognitiveclass notebook page work - it's had had problems for weeks; some of the exercise notebooks from the IBM authors have blatant typos.

By Amit A

Nov 18, 2019

I am glad to have taken up this course and it was very well crafted assignment that allows you to use your skills from pandas, data visualization, Foursquare API and machine learning algorithms to name a few.

By Sergei M

Jul 9, 2019

Excellent course that at the same time provides rich set of tools to get insights from raw data and also stimulate to learn a bunch of additional methods and techniques to make this capstone project perfect!

By Aastha M

Nov 22, 2020

This course helped me to apply the Data Science learnings which I learnt throughout the course. Thank you Coursera and IBM for providing such a wonderful opportunity and helping me enhance my skill set.

By Abhishek P G

Jul 7, 2020

Thank you for this course. I get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks.

JR

By JUAN S M P

Aug 23, 2020

Great course ! Although it was the most difficult one for me, I enjoyed to much putting all pieces together to solve a problem in the real world ! Thank you very much to the professor an to IBM !

By David M

Jun 6, 2020

This Program was well structured, it was a great combination of learning and problem solving. You also got a great chance to see how useful data can be and how easy it is to make it work for you

By Franco M V

Jun 8, 2020

Incredible experience! It was a project where we were encourage to apply all the knowledge we learn through the entire programe. This kind of projects make the learning process so enjoyable!

By Manik K

Apr 27, 2020

Excellent chance to push in every concept learnt so far. Best thing about the course is the chance to self identify a problem and find the solutions all by ourselves. Great Content. Thanks !