Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data. Finally, you will be required to use the Folium library to great maps of geospatial data and to communicate your results and findings. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

176 - 200 of 615 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Cristovam B P

Jun 1, 2020

Excellent course. Enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. Fabulous content and communication with other students.

By Georgiy M

Sep 27, 2018

The most interesting course from IBM ML courses scope. Due to tons of practice and interesting labs. Thanks, Alex.

By L. F

Aug 20, 2020

As a summary and overall assessment of the entire IBM data scientist course, Capstone's project is well designed.

By Goh S T

May 9, 2020

Project helps to deepen your learnings. I would totally recommend doing the whole Applied Data Science Programme.

By Sajesh S K

Nov 22, 2018

Enjoyed doing independent assignment. I had to hunt for data prepare the csv file to be used and lot of research.

By Ankit K

Apr 8, 2020

A very well structured and comprehensive course.Good for people like me to make them familiar with Data Science.

By Jose L M

Nov 9, 2020

Excellent course. I don't have any knowledge before. I feel that I adquire great skills to start in this career

By Rubenka B

I have a brand new job as a Data Scientist after working as an analyst for 2 years. Thank you Coursera and IBM!

By Jason J D

Sep 27, 2019

Good course! The capstone project helped me strengthen the skills that I learnt throughout this specialization.

By Venkata R S

Jan 13, 2019

Great Course to implement your Data wrangling and all the learning that you got through out the specialization

By Georgios L

Jun 5, 2020

The capstone allows a deeper examination of a problem and contributes to readiness to tackle real problems.

By BETA R D

Apr 12, 2020

I have gained a very good hands-on experience with Git hub, Jupyter notebook, and many libraries of python .

By Mo R

Dec 3, 2019

This course is a great place to apply all the concepts about Data Science that we have learned in 8 courses!

By Arunjith M

Jul 28, 2019

This is where you apply what you learned. I must say it is challenging, interesting and absolutely great. !!

By Diana

Jul 3, 2020

Very interesting assignment. The attendees can practice the important skills according to their own wishes.

By Arun N

Apr 19, 2020

Completing this course have improved my confidence level in talking to customers on Data Science Subject

By Bakyt N

Mar 16, 2019

I think it's a solid introductory specialization course for Data Scientists. And I think I recommend it.

By Mirhabib A

Jul 6, 2020

Extremely good course to apply whatever I learnt before for adoption of my own project in Data Science!

By Toni K

Jul 1, 2020

Excellent course. Very comprehensive for utilizing the skills learned throughout the entire curriculum.

By Sayan M

Jun 27, 2020

The journey was awesome!! If any student wants to enjoy the sweetness of data, he or she must study it.

By Walter C M

Jun 13, 2020

I really liked the course, very good

I didn't know anything about Pyhon and I learned a lot

By Sahil V D

Nov 7, 2020

Was able to supply my skills and learned a lot of Pratical skills for doing any data science project.

By Dominique D

Nov 28, 2020

Great hands on experience! Thanks to all the teachers that contributed to the entire Certificate!!!

By ANNA B

Nov 15, 2018

The best opportunity to apply all mechanisms I learn during this specialization.

Highly recommended.

By Nadhya P

May 22, 2020

challenging but a good taste of what we can expect when actually working on a data science project