Back to Applied Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Data Science Capstone by IBM

This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with real datasets. You will assume the role of a Data Scientist working for a startup intending to compete with SpaceX, and in the process follow the Data Science methodology involving data collection, data wrangling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, model development, model evaluation, and reporting your results to stakeholders. You are tasked with predicting if the first stage of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will land successfully. SpaceX advertises Falcon 9 rocket launches on its website, with a cost of 62 million dollars; other providers cost upward of 165 million dollars each, much of the savings is because SpaceX can reuse the first stage. Therefore if you can accurately predict the likelihood of the first stage rocket landing successfully, you can determine the cost of a launch. With the help of your Data Science findings and models, the competing startup you have been hired by can make more informed bids against SpaceX for a rocket launch. This course is the final course in the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate as well as the Applied Data Science with Python Specialization. It is expected that you have completed all of the prior courses in the specialization/certificate before starting this one, as it requires the application of the knowledge and skills taught in those courses. In this course, there will not be too much new learning, and instead, the focus will be on hands-on work to demonstrate what you have learned in the previous courses. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course....

LD
Oct 23, 2019

Its was great experience in completing the project using all skills that we learned in the course, thanks to coursera and IBM for giving me an opportunity to update my selft and also to test my skills

SG
Mar 3, 2020

Very good capstone project. Learnt lot of insights on how to represent data through out this course.\n\nVery good starting point for ""Data Science" field. I would definitely recommend this course.

201 - 225 of 735 Reviews for Applied Data Science Capstone

By Muhammad H

Feb 18, 2021

learning curve is a little bit steep but it's amazing and encouraging you to learn more and push yourself beyond limits :D

By Shreayan C

Nov 29, 2019

Really informative course, got to learn many practical applications of data science and made a really interesting project.

By Manula V

It;s a very good assignment for us beginners to start with Machine Learning and get hands on experience with Data Science

By Tanmaya C

Apr 28, 2020

I just say that it's awesome to learn these thing via building with my own. Thanks for the course instructors & coursera.

By Rodney C B

Apr 6, 2020

Good course and practice scenario that make use of the skills, tools and methods learned during the entire certification.

By Anuar M

Mar 29, 2020

Excellent capstone project, it provides me with ability to apply what I have learned throughout the data science courses.

By Yu-Chi B

Jun 21, 2019

It's a really solid course. Take me lots of time but also let me learned a lot. It can improve your self-learning skills.

By Sébastien W

Dec 3, 2019

I found the level of the exercises and projects appropriate, at least what an aspiring data scientist is supposed to get

By Kevin C

Jan 21, 2020

This was a great course. Being able to apply all of the knowledge gained from the rest of the specialisation was great!

By Amol P

Jul 16, 2020

It is good training session and real time example for fresher. thanks a lot to coursera for such type of certificate.

By Vivek K

Nov 2, 2019

I Appreciate IBM to Provide me such a Platform. Awesome experience and learnt a lot of things. Thank you once again!!

By Phan Q

Oct 2, 2019

The process helps me a lot not only in writing python code, but also create stories through report and presentation.

By Nicklas N

Feb 13, 2019

Hands on, a stumping project at the end, as well as lots of new skills and ideas to take with you. A real challenge!

By Cristovam B P

Jun 1, 2020

Excellent course. Enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. Fabulous content and communication with other students.

By Georgiy M

Sep 27, 2018

The most interesting course from IBM ML courses scope. Due to tons of practice and interesting labs. Thanks, Alex.

By Lukas M

Sep 12, 2021

Amazing journey! This project was aewsome! Glad a did it.

I recommend this course so much. Thanks IBM and Cousera.

By Lingyan F

Aug 20, 2020

As a summary and overall assessment of the entire IBM data scientist course, Capstone's project is well designed.

By Goh S T

May 9, 2020

Project helps to deepen your learnings. I would totally recommend doing the whole Applied Data Science Programme.

By Sajesh S K

Nov 22, 2018

Enjoyed doing independent assignment. I had to hunt for data prepare the csv file to be used and lot of research.

By Ankit k

Apr 8, 2020

A very well structured and comprehensive course.Good for people like me to make them familiar with Data Science.

By Jorge B P

Jan 20, 2021

It was very informative and well structured. I recommended for people with interest in exploring Data Science.

By Jose L M

Nov 9, 2020

Excellent course. I don't have any knowledge before. I feel that I adquire great skills to start in this career

By Rubenka B

I have a brand new job as a Data Scientist after working as an analyst for 2 years. Thank you Coursera and IBM!

By Jason J D

Sep 27, 2019

Good course! The capstone project helped me strengthen the skills that I learnt throughout this specialization.

By Christopher A B

Dec 12, 2020

Thank you to the instructors and Coursera platform developers for creating an engaging and challenging course.