Back to Introduction to the Arctic: Climate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to the Arctic: Climate by University of Alberta

The University of Alberta, the University of Tromso and the University of the Arctic invite you to explore this four week course that examines the environment and climate of the circumpolar North. This course is the result of an international collaboration and provides you with an insight into our planet's North. Following an overview of regional geography, we will focus on the cryosphere (ice), as well as the atmosphere and ocean of the region. We will learn why the Arctic is cold and ice covered, and how that impacts its climate and ecosystems. We will also consider how the Arctic is connected to the rest of the world. Finally, we will examine present day climate change, the processes driving it, and evidence for it in the Arctic, before looking at the implications in the rapidly evolving North. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/arctic-climate...

TO

Jun 16, 2016

Great! I love the fact that it is a very simple course and information is easy to understand! I also adore the professionalism that is present in every lecture. Absolutely fantastic!

DG

Feb 18, 2018

Very good course. No previous Arctic knowledge, and now thanks to this course I can understand things much better. Looking forward to more Arctic related courses. Thank you.

1 - 25 of 55 Reviews for Introduction to the Arctic: Climate

By Julia G

Feb 16, 2016

An interesting, very well instructed MOOC! Very good lectures and excellent scripts. I also liked the many questions/quizzes that were embedded in the video lectures. If another MOOC was offered by the instructor, I would take it.

By Deborah G

Feb 18, 2018

By Maulik H

Aug 06, 2018

This course has enhanced my knowledge base and has deepened my perspective of the phenomenon of Global warming. As an Urban Planner, I now understand the Arctic Climate, Global climate, Climate change, its impact on the life of living species in the Arctic and elsewhere. The fundamental terminologies of Ice Sheets, Sea Ice, Glaciers, Ice berg, Ice caps, Albedo, Layers of the Earth's atmosphere, etc. were explained very well and in a simplified manner.

By Carlos G O

Jun 02, 2016

Great course, very didactic and a easy way to learn about the Artic.

By Mark

Mar 15, 2017

Excellent initial overview course for people without a knowledge of the Arctic or Environmental Science.

By Ryan M

May 16, 2016

very thought provoking

By Haritha L G

Jan 21, 2018

Excellent course, enjoyed taking it thoroughly. Basics to concepts in depth explained very clearly and the maps and graphs displayed add to clarity and break monotony. Would recommend it to anyone who is interested in environment.

By Maria

Feb 17, 2018

Wonderful course. Lots of useful information and beautiful and easy to understand infographic.

By JOHN Q

Feb 10, 2016

nice course, well taught, with interesting information

By Turlea O

Jun 16, 2016

By Ran T

Feb 19, 2018

very interesting and thorough introductory course the the arctic system science, enjoyable though some exam questions are tricky :)

By Jennifer L

Oct 21, 2017

I have learned some very valuable information in regards to our climate. I now have a better understanding of how humans are having an adverse effect on the weather, impacts on animal populations and the northern culture.

By Yet K

Jan 01, 2018

Informative and useful.

By Suzan H

Feb 03, 2016

Very nicely put together and presented into a down to earth course about the Arctic and how climate change is affecting all species of life in the surrounding area.

By Siana C

Jan 22, 2018

This course successfully expanded my understanding of the impacts of human-caused climate change on the Arctic, and the world as a whole. I highly recommend this course for increasing your Geo-Literacy.

By Dhiraj K B

Feb 19, 2018

THIS COURSE IS AN INSIGHT IN THE REAL WORLD OF ARCTIC

By Ruy C C J

Jan 04, 2018

A great course to start studying about the Arctic. It's very important understanding climate changes and its global consequences.

By Virginia N F C

Jul 19, 2017

Great

By Richard H

May 15, 2016

Very good, very Canadian.

By tj3waldo@telus.net

r

l

By Dhruv I B

Dec 10, 2017

Awesome course, but now I feel worried for Arctic.

By Dina L

Apr 21, 2019

Me parece muy buena la selección del material que tiene el curso, da una idea concreta de la necesidad de evaluar nuestras acciones para evitar las acciones antropogénicas que favorecen el calentamiento global.

By Irina D

Apr 23, 2019

Loved the course! It is so important. Everyone today should learn about global warming and how Arctic affects the climate change. There are so many people that just don't believe that the climate is changing...Thank you for this course!