Back to Arts and Heritage Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Arts and Heritage Management by Università Bocconi

Today cultural institutions are facing important dilemmas in many aspects of their management. Over the past decades, a new figure has emerged that of the art manager. Imagine you went to work every day to connect artists with audiences, vision with reality, and money with a mission. That is what managers in the arts do, they play an essential role in transforming the minds, lives, and communities through creative expression. This course has been conceptualized to address the need of skills and techniques to help professionals and managers in running art and cultural institutions. Learning Objectives There are three objectives to this course. First, we will approach the biggest issue cultural institutions face, the coexistence of managers and curators and giving evidence as to when, how, and why they can get along. Second, we will focus on some contemporary facets on what is means to manage a cultural institution and what cultural managers should expect and be able to face. And lastly, we will provide models and tools to design and implement appropriate courses of action to satisfy customers (visitors and audiences) and build an advantage over the competition. Course Structure The course is divided into six sections. Five sections are dedicated to specific aspects and themes of managing cultural institutions, while the sixth section is dedicated to individual interviews of prominent cultural institution managers on specific topics. The involvement of professionals and managers gives an incredible value to the learning experience of this course. Each module is paired with a quiz and discussion forums to reflect on the variety of the heritage management, its complexity, and the power of the network that we will build together during the course. Successful completion of the quizzes is required for a course certificate as explained in the Grading Policy page. If you love art and want to make an impact in this unique and fantastic sector, this course will support you in understanding the peculiarities of this sector and how to leverage on its tools to make a bigger impact. Look forward to meeting you online! Acknowledgements: Vatican Museums: www.museivaticani.va Cenacolo Vinciano:  www.beniculturali.it/mibac/export/MiBAC/sito-MiBAC/Contenuti/MibacUnif/Eventi/visualizza_asset.html_1283837989.html (ITA) FAI (Fondo Ambiente Italiano): eng.fondoambiente.it MUVE (Fondazione Musei Civici Venezia): www.visitmuve.it The National Trust: www.nationaltrust.org.uk The Archeological Site of Paestum: www.museopaestum.beniculturali.it whc.unesco.org/en/list/842 Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (Florence): www.museumflorence.com Museo del Violino: www.museodelviolino.org _________________________________ Disclaimer - Since some of the videos are conducted with those whose native language is not English, we have decided to sometimes preserve their more emphatic speech to keep a tighter match between the audio and subtitles....

DG
Jan 9, 2021

Loved this course. Watching the lectures at historical sites brought the course to life and kept it interesting. The course was well structured and has encouraged me to continue in the field.

RN
Mar 30, 2018

I'm really into this amazing course. it provide me with a wide range of information. it helps me to understand the field of museums and heritage management . Thank you for this useful course.

76 - 100 of 220 Reviews for Arts and Heritage Management

By Deborah A G

Jan 10, 2021

By Regan N

Mar 31, 2018

By Haytham M M S

Sep 2, 2018

It was an incredibly interesting course that made me realize so many important facets of working in a cultural institution. The course content was very rich and the lecturer was brilliant.

By Richard R H

A very interesting, high quality, and thought-provoking course. I'm sure this will help me in my career and already it's influenced the direction my career will take going forward.

By Yasmina A G

Dec 27, 2020

Muy buena calidad, tanto de contenido como de los videos. Creo que la producción de los videos es de lo mejor que he visto en un curso de esta plataforma. Un 10 para los creadores

By Yulia M

May 22, 2020

I do really liked the course. I have gained a lot of important knowledge in order to improve the level of my expertise. I will recommend this course to my friends and colleagues!

By Constança C S

Apr 25, 2020

I learned a lot with this course. I think it is well structured and puts information in a clear and easily understandable way. Thank you for providing this course opportunity!

By Cyntia H

Sep 8, 2020

This is a awesome course! Thank to technology. I Could learn where and when ever I want despite my hectic schedule in museum. I can't wait to enroll another class! Cheersssss

By Riccardo N L

Jul 5, 2017

Very interesting course, it will be very useful for me in my work (I teach art in a secondary school). Interviews with directors, in module 6, are fantastic testimonials.

By Yoko

It was very intresting lectures. I got knowledge and motiveted by other students' opinions. I would like to work with things I got by this course. Thank you so much.

By Virginie F

Jun 13, 2017

Excellenand very well managed courses along the journey. A big thanks for all the knowledge provided along these past weeks. With best regards, Virginie Francois

By Amanda U

Jun 14, 2020

Great class for someone interested in the arts, and wants to know more about art management. There was so much I didn't know, and I'm happy I took the class.

By Carol S

Jul 31, 2019

Very enjoyable, easy to understand what makes the arts and heritage sector unique while retaining areas of commonality wiht the for profit sector actions.

By Zhengnan L

Jun 1, 2017

I am a student enrolled in heritage studies of MA programme. This course helps me engage my knowledge in heritage field into the market, which is awesome.

By Krisztina K

Sep 17, 2017

I very much enjoyed this course. Content is excellent, explained with clarity, to the point, excellent examples. Lecturer, Andrea Rurale is excellent.

By Parastoo N

May 15, 2020

it was a great course. all the lectures were so easy to understand and the material and all those books and essays were fantastic. thank you so much.

By Vicky A

Jul 17, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The material and videos were easy to understand and were very interesting. I have learned a lot taking this course.

By Robin M T

Dec 10, 2017

EXCELLENT COURSE! WHILE IT WAS SOMTIMES DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTOR, I FOUND IT TO BE AN ADDED BENIFIT; FELT LIKE I WAS IN ITALY!

By Tatiana A d L

Mar 5, 2020

Excellent opportunity !!! Very complete and thought provoking course! I recommend! Thank you Coursera and Bocconi.Excelente oportunidade!!!

By Diogo A S R

Jun 11, 2017

What a fantastic course! It does offers a deep insight of the Art & Heritage management with many academic references and current trends.

By Leila F

Oct 27, 2017

Very well structured. i would encourage others to take this enjoyable and useful course.

Art and Heritage is allover.

Thank you!

Leila

By Ricardo V

Aug 5, 2019

Extensive course with top quality information regarding relevant topics about administration and cultural institutions' management.

By Mariana A A G

Incredibly clear, full of real life examples, up to date, a great start for those interested in Arts and Heritage Management.

By самойленко д а

Aug 9, 2020

Wonderful course. I like that there are videos- interviews with artist, managers, directors etc. not only study- material.