Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

CR

I was delighted to take this excellent course, the level of detail was perfect, the content very complete, Chris Impey was brilliant in the way he presented and commented on all the aspects covered.

SM
Jul 1, 2020

Amazing introductory course and covers wide variety of topics ranging from history, to astronomy to astrobiology. Really great of amateur astronomers and for anyone who is remotely interested in it.

226 - 250 of 855 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Samrat D

Mar 10, 2017

The course is very well structured and touches a large range of topics. Professor Impey makes some of the lecture material very interesting and has simplified complex theories and concepts. However the Astropedia textbook needs to be updated with recent events.

By Danie C C

I feel much more confortable speaking/listening about the universe now that I have a strong base, I watch the lives made by Professor Impey and I feel really happy to be confortable understanding what he is talking about. I love it from the bottom of my heart

By Tamires Y O

Oct 15, 2017

Esse curso é muito interessante! Valeu muito a pena investir essas semanas nele. O professor ensina o conteúdo de forma clara e muitas vezes divertida, com bastante exemplos, imagens e vídeos. Super recomendado até pra quem não entende muito de Astronomia.

By Roniel V

May 26, 2018

Awesome course! Professor Impey is very knowledgeable on the subject. So fortunate to have had him! Wanted to be an astronaut as a kid but everyone told me I would die in space. At least now I have some knowledge on the subject! Astronomy is AWESOME!

By Shishir A

May 9, 2020

It was my first course on Astronomy, and I think is the best compilation of a vast number of concepts in a manner that is easy to understand and imagine. This was really inspiring.

Perhaps you may start to consider the subject as a new carrier to pursue.

By Michael N

Oct 14, 2017

Very interesting and informative course; incredible in its scope of course material. The lectures are well done, and the textbook provided is an easy to understand yet comprehensive tome. If you have an interest in astronomy, definitely take this course!

By Matthias S

Nov 13, 2017

Professor Impey has created an engaging and up-to-date course that invigorated my desire to learn. This is an involved and comprehensive class and covers astronomy protons to black holes. You really need to invest studying time to get a passing grade.

By Raul Р

May 30, 2017

Awesome, though sometime i could not follow up the week schedule, everything goes fine with my delay as well as late submission of assignment too. Hence, i could grab what instructor wanted to easily and practical assignment is also very interesting.

By Orlando A M M

Mar 5, 2018

It is a marathon more than a sprint kind of course - 10+ weeks!-, but definitely I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Pfr. Impey is a top-level scholar, who makes this amazing field of knowledge accessible and easy to follow. Totally recommendable!

By Daniel A O

Feb 23, 2020

And Incredible Course that allowed me to explore the vastness of space and time,and understand even a little the magnificent and divine universe.

very grateful to Professor Chris Impey and the steward observatory teaching team for the opportunity

By Lori

Mar 15, 2017

After acquiring 2 masters degree and beginning work on a doctorate I have found a course that has taught me more than many of the courses that I have taken in person. Astronomy: Exploring Space and Time has been very well designed and taught.

By Md. F H

Jun 3, 2020

This course is really awesome. It is excellent for starting Astronomy. It gives a review of from where man started to explore the universe and where he is now. It tells you about the horizon and now its your duty to walk beyond the horizon.

By Amit K P

Oct 19, 2020

This course is so well planned and well taught by the faculty. I really liked through out the course and enjoyed every minute of the lecture. A whole new experience I had have. And highly recommend this course you will definitely enjoy it.

By Abhishek K C

Sep 13, 2020

this course is amazing .I gained a lot more confidence in my astrophysics and astrology which is my hobby as well as talent .the professor sir chis impey is amazing and tell deeply about the universe in avery easy and understandable manner

By Prompiriya P

Jul 4, 2020

Very fun introduction to Astronomy course. I like how the professor links external contents which are fun and compelling to the lecture videos. Also professors often have a Live Q&A sessions which is great for taking the knowledge further.

By Albert S

Oct 24, 2020

Excellent course. Great way to get up to speed on the current questions and areas of investigation in the field of astronomy today. I truly enjoyed the course [well except maybe the writing assignments... ;-) ] and highly recommend it.

By RICARDO P F

Jul 7, 2020

Um curso superinteressante para quem tem curiosidade, mas com muito conteúdo para quem quiser se aventurar nessa área. Foram 11 semanas de muito aprendizado e descobertas fantásticas sobre a origem de tudo o que conhecemos como Universo.

By José L V

Jul 6, 2020

In this course I learned some interest things about the space and astronomy I didn't know before I started the course. And something I knew, with course I could improve my knowledge about that, so I learn to much things with this course.

By Joseph G

Sep 7, 2020

Dr. Impey provides a stimulating overview of Astronomy in this course, replete with interesting historical facts at the start, and subsequently leading students through an exploration of astronomical objects, cosmology and astrobiology.

By Jessica M

Aug 4, 2020

Excellent course. Professor Impey is fantastic. I've completed both of his courses on Coursera and my only wish is that there were more! The "Galaxy Zoo" website is a takeaway from this course that I see myself using lots in the future.

By Paul R

Jun 12, 2019

If you are interested in the field of astronomy, Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space is a great introductory course. Professor Chris Impey did an awesome job with the videos, they were very informative and the textbook was well written.

By Luke j

Jun 26, 2020

Excellent Course. I want to take a more advanced course. I learned more than I expected and refreshed my current knowledge in astronomy. One of the best classes I have ever taken. The online structure is super easy to learn and retain!

By Venkat

Jul 19, 2020

It is a great course for both people who are new to astronomy and to people who already have some knowledge about it. Ir provides solid information in an engaging way, and I really enjoyed it! The live sessions were especially useful!

By Shubham G

May 2, 2020

Respected sir,Thank you so much for this auspicious and knowledgeable course .

This knowledge will definitely helped me to enhance my abilities while working in astronomy domain.I also wished to become aero Astro scientist.Thanks again

By Egor P

Jan 22, 2017

You can grasp the beauty of life and the world around only by getting deep knowledge in Astronomy. The course is great. English pronunciation of the teacher is nice. Tests are good, looking for peer assessments in the future sessions.