Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

AM
Mar 12, 2021

I really enjoyed working through the modules of this course. The material was interesting and enlightening. The self-paced format worked well for me and I will look for similar courses going forward.

WB
Dec 14, 2020

251 - 275 of 958 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Alberto A V

Dec 27, 2020

Un curso excelente, que superó ampliamente mis expectativas. Destaco la claridad con la que enseña el profesor Chris Impey . A partir de este curso, pasé de tener inquietudes sobre el tema, a apasionarme por la astronomía. Totalemente recomendable. Gracias!!!

By Çağla T

Jun 25, 2020

For all degrees of knowledge, this course provides a perfect overall look to astronomy, leaving some things to search on your own. It was really exciting to learn so much things about not just astronomy, also about matter and some interesting theories of physics.

By Dominic B

Jun 18, 2020

What an amazing journey this course has been. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying astronomy with Professor Chris Impey. I already have a degree in Physics, but this course has brought me bang up to date with the last 30 years of astronomical discovery. Incredible!

By Michelle

Oct 23, 2020

great course, it is sometimes difficult to understand giving all the physics involved in. but with some dedication and scientific curiosity you can get over the physics concepts and enjoy and learn about our universe and our place within it

I really enjoyed a lot

By Alexander P

Jul 12, 2020

It is an exciting and cognitive course about astronomy that covers all topics we might hear about the Universe. It gives a clear understanding of what is going on out there and what we already know. Do not expect deep science there, it is an introductory course.

By Alix F

Dec 17, 2015

This is an excellent course. I have learnt a great deal and found the course easy to follow when broken into bite size chunks. The quizzes and coursework have reinforced my learning. I would recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn about our universe.

By Antonio g d

Apr 8, 2020

Excelente profesor con unos conocimientos muy amplios y explica muy bien . Yo no tengo la suerte de saber ingles y antes de comenzar lo traduzco al español con google y luego le sigo a el de esta forma le entiendo bastante bien .

muy agradecido

Antonio galvan

By Samrat D

Mar 10, 2017

The course is very well structured and touches a large range of topics. Professor Impey makes some of the lecture material very interesting and has simplified complex theories and concepts. However the Astropedia textbook needs to be updated with recent events.

By Jonathan C T

Dec 31, 2020

I thought this course was outstanding. The content was very interesting. I especially appreciated the delivery and style of Prof. Chris Impey in the lectures. It was easy to follow, very informative, and kept my attention. I'm very glad I took this course.

By Danie C C

I feel much more confortable speaking/listening about the universe now that I have a strong base, I watch the lives made by Professor Impey and I feel really happy to be confortable understanding what he is talking about. I love it from the bottom of my heart

By Isabella N R

Feb 2, 2021

I have enjoyed this course! It was well organized and I have learned so much more about Astronomy than I could have ever Imagined. Chris Impey is an outstanding professor and I am so glad I had the opportunity to take this course and complete it. Thank you.

By Tamires Y O

Oct 15, 2017

Esse curso é muito interessante! Valeu muito a pena investir essas semanas nele. O professor ensina o conteúdo de forma clara e muitas vezes divertida, com bastante exemplos, imagens e vídeos. Super recomendado até pra quem não entende muito de Astronomia.

By Roniel V

May 26, 2018

Awesome course! Professor Impey is very knowledgeable on the subject. So fortunate to have had him! Wanted to be an astronaut as a kid but everyone told me I would die in space. At least now I have some knowledge on the subject! Astronomy is AWESOME!

By Shishir A

May 9, 2020

It was my first course on Astronomy, and I think is the best compilation of a vast number of concepts in a manner that is easy to understand and imagine. This was really inspiring.

Perhaps you may start to consider the subject as a new carrier to pursue.

By Michael N

Oct 14, 2017

Very interesting and informative course; incredible in its scope of course material. The lectures are well done, and the textbook provided is an easy to understand yet comprehensive tome. If you have an interest in astronomy, definitely take this course!

By Matthias S

Nov 13, 2017

Professor Impey has created an engaging and up-to-date course that invigorated my desire to learn. This is an involved and comprehensive class and covers astronomy protons to black holes. You really need to invest studying time to get a passing grade.

By Raul Р

May 30, 2017

Awesome, though sometime i could not follow up the week schedule, everything goes fine with my delay as well as late submission of assignment too. Hence, i could grab what instructor wanted to easily and practical assignment is also very interesting.

By Gustavo A Z D

Apr 5, 2021

amazing course! I really enjoyed working with professor Chris Impey, the classes are entertaining and he nows how to get your attention with good supplementary videos and amazing facts. I hope one day I get the chance to meet professor Chris Impey.

By Orlando A M M

Mar 5, 2018

It is a marathon more than a sprint kind of course - 10+ weeks!-, but definitely I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Pfr. Impey is a top-level scholar, who makes this amazing field of knowledge accessible and easy to follow. Totally recommendable!

By Dimitris S

Jan 15, 2021

I have no words to describe my enthusiasm and my gratitude to Prof Impey and all the stuff for this course. Definitely, one of the best structured and updated courses. Strongly recommended. Nevertheless, quizzes should be slightly more difficult.

By Daniel A O

Feb 23, 2020

And Incredible Course that allowed me to explore the vastness of space and time,and understand even a little the magnificent and divine universe.

very grateful to Professor Chris Impey and the steward observatory teaching team for the opportunity

By Lori

Mar 15, 2017

After acquiring 2 masters degree and beginning work on a doctorate I have found a course that has taught me more than many of the courses that I have taken in person. Astronomy: Exploring Space and Time has been very well designed and taught.

By ΠΑΠΑΘΕΟΔΩΡΟΥ Α

Mar 28, 2021

This course has been a delight to me for the past 3 months. Professor Impey is an outstanding one and I am looking forward to taking "Astrobiology: Exploring Other Worlds" as I am quite sure that it's equally interesting and stimulating :)

By Md. F H

Jun 3, 2020

This course is really awesome. It is excellent for starting Astronomy. It gives a review of from where man started to explore the universe and where he is now. It tells you about the horizon and now its your duty to walk beyond the horizon.

By Amit K P

Oct 19, 2020

This course is so well planned and well taught by the faculty. I really liked through out the course and enjoyed every minute of the lecture. A whole new experience I had have. And highly recommend this course you will definitely enjoy it.