Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

WB
Dec 14, 2020

I really enjoyed working through the modules of this course. The material was interesting and enlightening. The self-paced format worked well for me and I will look for similar courses going forward.

UA
Jun 26, 2019

Amazing introductory course and covers wide variety of topics ranging from history, to astronomy to astrobiology. Really great of amateur astronomers and for anyone who is remotely interested in it.

276 - 300 of 902 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Jimin L

Jul 18, 2020

Honestly one of the best courses out there. It is explained really well and overall a very enjoyable experience. Professor Impey is a great teacher and I'm thankful that I had this opportunity to take part in this course.

By Osamah B

Jul 12, 2020

Exhilarating course, interesting from the start till the very end. The material is split very logically and every week you delve deeper and deeper into space. An absolute recommendation for anyone interested in astronomy!

By Anthony Y

Aug 25, 2019

It was a very interesting course. Professor Impey is a wonderful lecturer with a great mind and an enthusiasm for his subject. It is just the right level for one who wants an introduction to astronomy with broad coverage.

By Juliette B

Jul 19, 2017

Very interesting class. At begining, I know nothing about Astronomy. I'm glad for have followed this class all overs these weeks, every week a new surprise about our infinite universe. I'll recommand it to all my friends.

By Samuel A M L

Oct 25, 2020

Excelente curso y muy apasionante. Logran hacer de los videos un aprendizaje muy ameno y las lecturas complementarias están muy bien fundamentadas. Este curso me dejó con ganas de seguir aprendiendo. Saludos desde Chile!

By Andrew F

May 29, 2017

Loved it. Learnt so much my head hurts (in a good way)!!! I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to develop a greater understanding of our place amongst the stars and what goes on all around us in the universe.

By Adrian S

Feb 13, 2017

One of the best courses around. It's not a graduate course, and it does not teach you the secret of physics, but the compact, vivid presentation gives you a great overview of the field and of the exciting things to come.

By Hongbo X

Nov 22, 2020

A very clear study for beginners in astronomy. Some concept might be a little too hard but is acceptable. Good use of resources, especially outside videos to support teaching of the class which makes the class more fun.

By Budi S S P

Jun 18, 2020

The teaching team had been very helpful in handling every students questions in the discussion Thread. The YouTube Live QnA session also exciting! Salute for the "Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space" teaching team! :-)

By Azajul I N

Apr 9, 2020

This course is the Master of Astronomy. I'm highly recommending this course to those who are interested in knowing about outer space. This course is suitable for anyone regardless of age and educational qualification.

By Sakthivel K

Feb 16, 2020

This course is the second couresera course which completed. It is always nice to learn from people who do frontier work in the field they teach. I thank coursera for giving me this wonderful opportunity. Sakthivel

By Lucille G V P

Jun 13, 2020

This course widened my knowledge about Astronomy and related fields. Professor Impey was able to deliver the materials well, and was able to impart many knowledge to me. I will certainly enroll in his other courses.

By Comfort K

Dec 20, 2020

This course is amazing. It is especially wonderful if you are looking to pursue a career in Astronomy, or learn Astronomy for extra knowledge. I would highly recommend it, as well as the instructor Dr. Chris Impey.

By Debaditya D

Aug 22, 2020

The course is very good. It provided me with lots of knowledge. It consists of lots of information to learn and lots of activity to do. Thanks to the instructor for describing the informative topics so beautifully.

By MACHAGIRI M

Jun 8, 2020

The professor Cris have done very good job to explore us in space and time

I love this course and iam fascinated from my childhood to learn about this subject

Thankyou University of Arizona and team Coursera ❤️❤️❤️ .

By Simon S S

Nov 13, 2015

By far one of the best courses I have taken on Coursera. The amount of material is astounding and of great quality through and through. I highly recommend this course. Be prepared to work for your diploma, however.

By Rithika S

Jun 25, 2020

this course was very helpful. Astronomy has always been one of the most interesting topics. There is so much about this universe that is unknown to mankind. this course has covered almost every topic in astronomy.

By shaharban p

Jan 15, 2021

Interesting and really enjoyed. Basics of the whole life, how, when and where we are..through the exploration of astronomy. Special thanks for the professor and for the organization.. Really nice experience here.

By samira

Nov 11, 2015

Although I was graduated from a faculty of science but the first lessons about evidence, uncertainty, imagination and hypothesis were COMPLETELY new for me,

So thanks a lot for all of you especialy Dr.Chris Impey

By Gabriel D P

Nov 1, 2020

Using entertainment media (excerpts from Family Guy, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.) made this course not only interesting, but also fun. In some ways, they balance out the complex concepts present in some lessons.

By Gabriel M

Jul 29, 2020

Este curso fue extraordinario, la metodologia de enseñanza absolutamente dinamica, llamativa y enriquecida de mucha informacion, las presentaciones del profesor Impey muy buenas, asi como el material de apoyo.

By Christina B

Dec 5, 2020

It was a great introduction course for someone who is new to astronomy like myself! Prof Impey used great multimedia throughout the videos to keep the content engaging and informative. 10/10 would recommend!!

By Vanesa N

Jun 27, 2020

Intriguing, well structured, supported with interesting examples and image/video materials. Also, probably the key part - amazing lecturer, who makes you fall in love with science from the very first minutes.

By Sebastian S

Jun 6, 2020

I think it's one of my favourite Mooc courses so far.

It would be really great if there would be a possibility to study astronomy to a full undergraduate degree online (and don't get poor by paying the fees).

By David H

Jul 24, 2020

Fascinating course, very nicely set and laid out. I was eager to move to the following week as the course progressed. Professor Impy presented information and data in a very comprehensive and eloquent way.