Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

WB
Dec 14, 2020

I really enjoyed working through the modules of this course. The material was interesting and enlightening. The self-paced format worked well for me and I will look for similar courses going forward.

UA
Jun 26, 2019

Amazing introductory course and covers wide variety of topics ranging from history, to astronomy to astrobiology. Really great of amateur astronomers and for anyone who is remotely interested in it.

326 - 350 of 902 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Sergio L F

Apr 27, 2020

Wonderfull opportunity to learn about our universe. Excellent and clear explanations at the introdutory level that an non-expert can study and gain knowledge about this.

Congratulations.

By Glen K

Nov 1, 2020

Absolutely fantastic introduction to multiple facets of astronomy! I highly recommend this course to anyone who looks up into the sky and thinks, "Gee, I wonder...what's out there???"

By Amit k V

Feb 29, 2020

Excellent course ... very true stuff ... Discuss the actual problem we are facing in exploring the astronomy ... and most of the methods by which we calculate these universe mysteries.

By Nivedita R

Jan 7, 2018

The structure of the sessions are very organized with detailed explanation for every small phenomenon. Quite an interesting course and very helpful to understand the space for lay man.

By Athina V

Dec 5, 2020

Excellent course! I would recommend it to anyone interested in the subject of astronomy. The only drawback is that since, scientific findings change everyday, it needs to be updated.

By DEEPON R

Jun 20, 2020

It had surpassed my expectations in providing me the knowledge of the cosmos!!! A very good course for anyone who wants to understand the basics of where we belong in the universe.

By John S

Oct 2, 2017

Well presented at a pace that could be easily followed. Content was up to date with good explanations. Enough data presented to give a good understanding of the concepts dealt with.

By Esha L

Sep 3, 2020

I WAS A BEGINNER IN THIS TOPIC,I WAS NEW TO THIS SUBJECT.

MANY INTERESTING FACTS I GOT TO KNEW IN THIS LECTURES MUCH CURIOSITY ABOUT OUR UNIVERSE .

IT WAS AWESOME TO DO THIS COURSE.

By Kateřina K

Nov 19, 2017

I would really like to thank the proffesor and his team because I have learned so much. The course is very interesting and the practical side of it is done really well. Thank you!

By Meghann T

Apr 2, 2018

An excellent course! Great lectures, wonderful supplementary materials, and an excellent professor with a fun sense of humor, which helped make the video lectures easy to follow.

By Jonathan I M R

Sep 3, 2020

The best course about astronomy I've been! There is no question that you will learn new stuff every week with Chris Impey. I appreciate all the material and support gave to me.

By Víctor L

Mar 23, 2018

Excellent, i'm a fan of astrophysics and astronomy, not a practicioner. The content was very interesting. Good job both that of the professor and Coursera/University of Arizona

By Peter W G G

Jul 17, 2017

I have been interested in astronomy for many years and the course has increased my interest in this fundamental subject. I thought the course was excellent and I learned a lot.

By AVINASH K Y

Jun 23, 2020

This course is the best course I have seen and bring more interesting things to do more research on it.

The doubt session was also amazing.

Thank you so much --Prof. Chris Impey

By Maryama M

Aug 11, 2019

Chris Impey is one of the best instructors I have ever taken a course with. He has the ability to take complex ideas and make them accessible to everyone. Highly recommend it.

By Lorena K

Sep 3, 2018

i have learned too much about Astronomy, this course is very clear, explained in a very easy way, I am so glad to participate, and I hope have a second part of this course.

By Ken S

Dec 28, 2015

Great course, Professor Impey does a wonderful job of explaining this topic and keeping it interesting. Highly recommend his parallel book on the same topic, "How It Began".

By Simon S

Sep 30, 2015

This is the best course I have done in Coursera. The use of animations, videos, resources, The occasional humor and the way the lecturer addressed each topic. Simply amazing!!

By Zehra F

Aug 18, 2020

Its really for us to know atleast a bit about our universe. And i beleive this is the best course for any beginer who has even a little curiosity in outer space and astronomy

By Anastasia T

Nov 7, 2015

A very interesting course about the basic concepts of astronomy with lots of additional funny videos and slides. Thanks a lot to professor Impey and everybody who created it!

By Dylan T

Oct 3, 2015

This is a very thorough and informative introduction to the field of astronomy, and contains a lot of practical information that everyone interested in the night sky can use.

By Kwa J Q

Sep 18, 2020

Great course! Very insightful and interesting. Goes over everything from history to current theories. Forums are very active and live streams (for Q&A) are frequent. Thanks!

By Meghan D

Aug 12, 2020

Really enjoyed this course, wish we learnt more of this at school! Chris also hosts live sessions which are fantastic. Quirky music and TV show references, keeps things fun!

By JOHN Q

Jul 10, 2017

FANTASTIC COURSE. As an old retired physics major and dentist it was a great review of the current state of knowledge about the universe and astronomy. Wonderful Course!

By Chinmay M

Jun 15, 2020

This course covers almost everything you need to know about astronomy. Though it is informative, Prof. Chris Impey has covered every aspects of astronomy in very great way.