Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

WB

Dec 14, 2020

I really enjoyed working through the modules of this course. The material was interesting and enlightening. The self-paced format worked well for me and I will look for similar courses going forward.

AM

Mar 12, 2021

1126 - 1141 of 1,141 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Davin P S

Jan 3, 2021

Very thorough and challenging. I wish i knew a bit more about the mathematical formulas here and there, but things like that take time and are more so problematic ( fixable later on).

By SATWIK S

Sep 27, 2021

Course is excellent but I am not finding me suitable for the course. I am trying to unenroll from the course but not able to do so. Kindly Unenroll me from the course

By Carl W

Oct 8, 2021

It is difficult to navigate nthrought course. There is no outline. The musical interludes are entertaining but don't add anything useful

By adith p

Apr 5, 2019

Unnecessarily lengthy but overall a good introductory course into astronomy :)

By turtlezkingdom 9

Sep 23, 2020

Good content but it's a bit too easy.

By Ahmad S

May 22, 2022

I understand this course is build with general audience in mind. However I think it could keep the bredth of subjects more restricted and dive deeper into a few relevant and important subjects. My objections with the course are:

- Many times during the course, we were presented with terms (e.g., beta decay, degeneracy forces, etc.) that were never discussed before or after the lecture. Technical/Scientific terms like these should either be explained, or avoided (if the time/scope limit of the course does not allow further explanation). If we're expected to do the research ourselves, we should be advised to do so in context of an assignment or quiz.

- The assignments and quizzes were too easy to accomplish. They mostly can be answered by appealing to general knowledge or logic and can be completed without the exposure to the course material.

- Some course material are outdated with regards to the new findings. The course needs a revamp

- The support for questions and issues w/ the course is almost non-existent: the course forum is mostly inactive/non-responsive and the Discord channel has bots that waste students' time.

- There are no assessments on the reading material: some of the reading materials dive deep into the subjects in the course, however, since they never show up in the quiz or assignments, most people (if not all) ignore them

By Raúl R

Jun 15, 2020

Too many writing assignments and calification by peers.

By María M B

Jan 6, 2022

Intenté inscribirme en el curso y en el proceso me liaron para darme de alta en Coursera Plus, supuestamente 7 días gratis. Me encuentro ahora con que he podido recuperar el dinero de la inscripción a un curso que quería hacer y no puedo recuperar el de una suscripción que no quería. Para hacer este curso en condiciones tendré que pagar 3 meses de coursera Plus o comprar de nuevo el curso.

Puntuo una estrella por no poder poner 0. Además, no hay forma de poner qjejas o enviar consultas. Muy disgustada. Me voy a EDX.

By Siddharth K

Jun 26, 2021

The coverage of night sky, which is the really practical part of astronomy was shoddy and uninspired. I learnt very little. Youtube videos by stargazers and astrophotographers did a much much better job. I am disappointed. Also, week 1 about science sounded very preachy, arrogant even. Humility is a nice attribute to have for science..

By Mohamed m E

Nov 14, 2020

I write financel aid and i can't purshase the certificate and i need it😓 then i succeed in the exam and i want certificate plz

By Robert H C I

Jul 8, 2022

b​ad. can't unenroll plus the test is either glitchy or impossible to pass

By Pramish B

Nov 9, 2021

i didnt get certificate although i completed the course

By Gabriel A P

Sep 14, 2017

The mayor problem is "peer graded activities"...

By Ebru

Feb 27, 2021

kursu bitirdim fakat sertifika vermedi.

By Tanmay B