Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

CR

I was delighted to take this excellent course, the level of detail was perfect, the content very complete, Chris Impey was brilliant in the way he presented and commented on all the aspects covered.

UA
Jun 26, 2019

Amazing introductory course and covers wide variety of topics ranging from history, to astronomy to astrobiology. Really great of amateur astronomers and for anyone who is remotely interested in it.

126 - 150 of 848 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Jim M

Sep 22, 2020

This introductory level course in astronomy was exactly what I was looking for. It was a wonderful survey course touching on every subject that I was interested in. Having said that, the suggested times for completing each part of a week's course work were silly. I spent hours reading the textbook and watching the videos, and I was happy to do it. I was seeking knowledge and understanding, not a quick way to get a certificate.

By THAMIZHANBU E

Aug 22, 2020

This course is must for one's who are really interested in Astronomy and space science. It's a whole package which starts from the history of science to Black Holes till Drake equation and ends with a question are we in a simulation. Including videos and songs related to the topic is so good and holds me to the video. I thank Dr. Chrish Impey, who have inspired me through his delivery of details and by his level of knowledge.

By RAJEETH C

Jul 6, 2020

I personally from my point of view, think that the course needs to be upgraded with the latest discoveries and theories. Additional information needs to be added to make the recent discoveries more interesting. And technically, the 11-week course would be quite short to learn and extrapolate knowledge in astronomy and astrobiology. Rest all its an incredible course and I am acknowledged with great information and motivation.

By Buğrahan Y

Oct 9, 2020

I really appreciate the effort and enthusiasm of everyone who has participated to create this awesome and really helpful course. Thank you very much. I recommend this course to everybody who is interested in space and especially the deep space and cosmos. I especially had much fun on dark matter and dark energy topics. I always wanted to take a course like that and thanks to the Arizona University, I have taken it.

By Vincenzo F

Sep 26, 2019

an amazing course, starting from the history of the astronomy, leading towards the future of our existence, full of interesting notions about the universe.

It's the perfect course for who does know nothing or very poor about astronomy and it doesn't require math or physics or biology knowledge in advance.

I really enjoyed this journey with professor Chris Impey and it really engaged me with the astronomy.

Many thanks!

By Denis B

Jun 25, 2020

I fell in love with cosmology a few years ago and I am attending high-level conferences on the subject. However, I soon realized that I was lacking the bases of astronomy and that acquiring them would certainly alleviate my sufferings. The objective has been perfectly met, with this very comprehensive course. Prof Impey shows an excellent sense of pedagogy, which is not so obvious in the community of scientists.

By Bui N B H

Nov 10, 2016

In my opinion, This course is really useful for the people that have an extreme interest with astronomy and also the curious people want to exlore the masive universe. And i'm one of these people. In addition, I'm really happy when i found out this website while i was surfing my newfeed, Thank to this program, it's really lightful for a lot of questions always be held in my mind but know i have lighted up a lot.

By Sunil M

Oct 4, 2020

For those looking for an introduction to astronomy, this is a fun and fantastic course. Covering a wide range of material from planets and star life/death up through astrobiology and evolution, Professor Impey does an excellent job making this course fun and introducing complex topics in a manner that is easy to understand. A really great and worthwhile course...very happy to have completed it and thank you!

By Toni M

Jun 28, 2017

This course has allowed me to enter the study of astronomy and space, opening a new universe for me.

The quality of content, materials, videos, examples and resources have made it very easy to understand something really complex.

I want to congratulate and thank Chris Impey and his entire team for their work, helping to spread this valuable knowledge.

Thank you very much.

Toni Mascaró

Muchas gracias.

Toni Mascaró

By Prasanna R

Jun 18, 2020

I liked this course very much and I like to thank Professor Chris Impey And mentor Christy Read for teaching me and clearing my doubts.Thank you Professor Chris Impey and Christy read.Through this course I can get introduced to Microobservatory and Galaxy zoo.Also I know about the Teach astronomy material from this course.And I would like to thank coursera for giving all these nice courses.Thank you all.

By Kobus K

Jul 17, 2020

Exploring Time and Space brought me closer to how important it is for human life to exist in a habitable zone, from the thin vulnerable gas surface layer of a life supporting planet to beyond the bow shock of a solar system. We have access to a time machine. We are running out of time, discovering sooner than later the dynamics of our universe will assist human mankind's seed of propagation.

By Paul C

Sep 5, 2020

I was so surprised by how much I enjoyed this class. Initially I was concerned I could keep up, but I completed the class 4 weeks early. I think what worked so well for me was the delivery.... Proffessor Chris Impey has a commanding and in depth knowledge of, well, everything, and his video sessions, and his text, was fascinating and engaging. I cannot recommend this class highly enough.

By Roman M

Jun 12, 2020

It is very informative and logically constructed course with good slides, examples and suitable movies and animations. Some of the information was familiar to me, but anyway it was very interesting to learn some interesting facts. I'll try to use the consequence of the topics and presentation of all the information in my aditional course on astrophysics. It was very exciting! Thank you!

By Abdullah A

Nov 17, 2017

It is really great course from all aspects. The course content designed to be very interesting and covering most aspects of Astronomy. With no doubt, I strongly recommend for everyone from whatever background to enrol to the course and learn as much as I learnt and see how great is our universe is and how much human do not know. Looking to the universe, tell us how great is our creator.

By Lakshmi S

Aug 28, 2020

Although it took me some time to finish this course, I would say this is the best one out there that covers Astronomy and its interdisciplinary fields. I had so much fun, 'cause the course covers everything from the basics to the topics that are really interesting and complex. I really loved Professor Impey's teaching, and the assignments and the videos. they were all awesome.

By Don M

Dec 14, 2016

I found this course to be very informative and enjoyable -- and demanding in terms of time. I am still catching-up on the text and am learning more and more even after completing the course. I recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about astronomy in the present. Chris is a very effective teacher, and his lectures/presentations are very interesting and informative.

By Vivien S

Jun 26, 2020

This course was fantastic. I learned so much. The structure of the course was very clear and easy to understand. Nevertheless, there were demanding exercises which convey the material very well. Thanks to Chris Impey and the rest of the team who offered this great opportunity. And thank you all for the structured and well explained videos and material. I am greatly thankful!

By Maria A C T

Jun 18, 2017

The course is excellent. It provides an introduction to different aspects of astronomy, in an entertaining, comprehensive and intelligent way. The materials are very complete, and the homeworks are nice, and some of them especially interesting to carry out. The script of the videos and the teacher are very clear and didactically very good. The course fulfills expectations

By Micah A

Nov 21, 2020

Wonderful course which goes into a broad range of topics within Astronomy, and is discussed by an instructor who is clearly very passionate about the topic. Lectures were also engaging and clearly a lot of effort was put in to make them more interesting than just slides with a talking head. Would highly recommend to anyone with even just a passing interest in astronomy.

By Antonia T B

Oct 5, 2018

This course is fascinating! Professor Impey is awesome. The lectures are very clear and amusing. I did many Astronomy courses and this one is really one of the best. Also, the Quizzes are easy, not impossible like other Astronomy courses. There are several assignments but they are easy and fun to do. Thanks a lot and many greetings from Spain / Antonia Tejeda Barros

By Папышева А С

Jun 12, 2020

I would like to express my gratitude to the University of Arizona for an opportunity to take such course. It was an awesome experience. And I am deeply thankful to Chris Impey for guiding me in this course, for sharing his knowledge with me. I came here almost with nothing and I go with a full pack. These 11 weeks were unforgettable journey. Thank you very much!

By Nupoor j

Jul 7, 2020

My first and best astronomy learning experience. The course was like storytelling and required great attention and listening skills. It was fun in beginning and turned into big knowledge basket head scratching lot of mental work. But it was crazy learning.

Profesor Chris have created a very attractive and systematic course.

Thankyou for such a lovely space ride.

By Nico W

Apr 3, 2018

Naturally, I would rate this 5 stars. It was an excellent introduction - not only to the subject matter, but also to Coursera.

I will definitely do more courses - hopefully more by Professor Chris Impey. Remarkable tutor, people able to attend courses with him in person are fortunate.

Coursera is an amazing platform, and I will be doing many more courses

By Md. I M

Jun 5, 2020

One of my best course ever in my life. Because this astronomy is my curiosity from when i'm teenager. Even,to explore the knowledge about universe & its imaginary activities always attract me & further it will always astonished me.I have a dream to go to NASA & work for explore the solar system at the same time with gather vast space knowledge also....

By Aartikanwar M S

Aug 14, 2020

Amazing course. Every topic is covered with amazing explanation by prof. Chris Impey . This course covered probably every basic topic of astronomy. "physics ,biochemistry , history , evolution, and future of stars "course covered very thing perfectly with great explanation . I recommend this course to very one who is interested in astronomy. Thank you