Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

CR

I was delighted to take this excellent course, the level of detail was perfect, the content very complete, Chris Impey was brilliant in the way he presented and commented on all the aspects covered.

SM
Jul 1, 2020

Amazing introductory course and covers wide variety of topics ranging from history, to astronomy to astrobiology. Really great of amateur astronomers and for anyone who is remotely interested in it.

151 - 175 of 841 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Shane D F

Sep 23, 2020

I am very much thankful to Prof. Imphy and his team for creating a wonderful course which covers almost all the topics in astronomy which has given me more knowledge and understanding about the topics in astronomy. I strongly recommend this course to those who are curious about space and also for those who want to start a new career in astronomy.

By Gill R

Aug 1, 2020

I loved the course. Only thing I would say is that I would sometimes use the subtitles which were sometimes incorrect (compared to what Professor Chris Impey was saying). Also, I've paid for a certificate and there doesn't seem to be any information on how or when I will receive it?

Overall a very interesting and inspiring course.

Thank you!!

Gill

By Alex M

Jul 19, 2020

It was a really good course, i learned a lot and it motivated me to research and learn more on the things that were most interesting to me. It would be good for the videos to show the date they were recorded in, for the sake of accuracy because i noticed some projects have already been launched and the videos mentioned them as "in the future".

By Carlos M

Jun 20, 2020

Course starts form very basic contents up to cosmology, astrobiology and so on. It is important to take in mind that reading materials contain a lot of information therefore additional time has to be dedicated in order to read everything, time it takes to read supplementary material does not mach with the time specified when a lesson starts,,

By Kanchi S

Aug 25, 2020

Amazingly fantastic course. I love this course from the depth of my heart. I have experinced and learnt a lot more about the universe and discovered a lot of unknown knowledge regarding astronomy. Astronomy has however been my forever love. But to say for sure, this course helped me love my passion even more. I will miss doing this course.

By Gavin A

Jul 31, 2020

The professor, Chris impey was a very good teacher. He explained everything in the wide variety of things I learned from this course with amazing detail and made sure everyone understood. The course taught me many amazing things I hadn’t known before, and I would definitely recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn about astronomy.

By Iain T

Dec 8, 2019

An incredibly diverse, interesting course delivered in an easy to understand way by Professor Impey. The weeks just keep getting more interesting, and the ideas more abstract and on the frontier of current research. Would wholeheartedly recommend for anyone even vaguely interested in any aspect of astronomy - it's definitely worth doing.

By GARY B

Oct 8, 2020

Great introduction to astronomy. Clear explanations, good video content to enhance understanding and recall of the points being made, and good course structure(quizzes, writing assignments, and ability to get feed back in the forums). Also, the professor is available to answer astronomy questions in weekly video conferencing format.

By Sofia C

Sep 28, 2020

Even though I have had read plenty of material about Astronomy, the course presented it in a pleasent and informative way whoch allowed me to study more, wake my curiosity and pushed me to investigate beyond that. Chris is such a carismatic person and I was happy to take this course and get to know him and encourage me all way long.

By arjun m

Jul 13, 2020

A very interesting course. For me the most interesting topic was Week 11 - Astrobiology. Prof. Chris Impey does a fantastic job of explaining everything in a fun and interesting way.

Since the science related to this subject undergoes so much innovation/development each year, i felt that the videos could be updated more frequently.

By Chintan M

Jun 9, 2017

An extraordinary course which generally attracts lots of space enthusiasts like me and develops the interest in astronomy to take it up as a career. Since its not easy to study these kinds of subjects thoroughly at bachelors level especially in countries like India, its really a boon for the people out there and across the globe.

Aug 7, 2017

Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space, is a fantastic course! It offers the most in-depth explanations with great diagrams and infographics related to astronomy and astrophysics. I would highly recommend this course for amateur astronomers and students who are interested in learning the nature of the solar system and the universe.

By Tom l

Jul 7, 2020

I thought the course went well beyond my expectations and provided me with not just the knowledge of Astronomy but a certain wisdom about it that I never would have imagined when I first signed up. I will look at the night sky differently and with more understanding than I ever have before. And in this way I want to learn more.

By keith k

Jul 30, 2020

Excellent lectures. Fair quizzes. WELL worth the effort for a broad astronomy background.

I recommend this one as opposed to others (e.g. Confronting the Big Questions, which include ridiculous tests). Prof Impey's pace and quizzes are supportive and aid learning.

Also, Prof Impey has regular live Q&A which are excellent.

By michael d

Oct 25, 2020

this is an excellent course ,i especially liked the final part on Astrobiology .Its bang up to date and well constructed . Had difficulty with getting images from the remote telescope .Should have better input for students to deal with problems by linking in with mentors or help chat lines. A thoroughly enjoyable experience .

By Ricardo A d C S

Aug 30, 2016

Professor Impey covers an extensive subject using a clear and instigating language. The assignments and tasks proposed helps a lot the comprehension and make you search for more information.

One of the best online courses I have already had.

Congratulations to Professor Impey and all team that produced the available material.

By Mark R

I didn't quite know what I was signing up for when I stated this course. It goes into a lot of different aspects of astronomy that has given me a greater knowledge and understanding of our universe. While giving me the questions I need to explore. Chris Impey talks in a way you can understand and I will miss the lectures.

By Jagriti V

Oct 2, 2020

THIS COURSE WAS JUST SIMPLY AMAZING. IT GIVES YOU A BASIC INSIGHT OF ASTRONOMY WITHOUT GOING TOO MUCH DEEP YET WITH ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE TEACHER WAS JUST BEYOND AMAZING. THE CONTENT WAS INTERESTING, THE VIDEOS WERE AMAZING AND TESTS AND QUIZZES WERE GREAT. I HAD SO MUCH FUN LEARNING IT ALL.

By Jasper s

Dec 8, 2016

Excellent course for learning about the basics of astronomy. Amongst others it covers subjects as the history of astronomy, our sun and the solar system, comets, galaxies, quasars, pulsars and black holes. The course uses video's which clearly explain various topics with sheets and additional reading material provided.

By Hritom S O

Sep 9, 2020

I just wanna say WONDERFUL. Prof. Impey is a wonderful teacher. He teaches very complex subject very easily and without any mathematics. Those who are interested in this subject and are not so much good at physics,I wanna say them just enroll, It will make you understand.This course in best for beginners in Astronomy.

By Francisco N S

Jun 9, 2018

Excellent course, vast and up-to-date material, text videos and well-produced slides. The learning is intensified through scientific concepts and teaching strategies, using information and communication technologies, the material is produced entirely by professionals in the scientific and teaching field of Astronomy.

By Pedro C D L C

Jul 8, 2017

I am taking this course again after some time, now I have found it even more interesting. Prof. Impey is really a great communicator and he makes complicated and sometimes boring concepts into easier and funnier ones. The quality of the videos is very good. I think I will enjoy this course as much as I did before.

By Oleksii L

Jun 4, 2017

I've been in Coursera since 2010, and this is the first time I ever write a review for the course taken. So far this is the most outstanding, yet wide auditory oriented course. Highly recommend to everyone. Explaining super complex things by simple concepts is a talent. Professor is doing a great job!

Oleksii, MBA

By Bene

Aug 24, 2020

It was an absolute pleasure doing this course! Very informative and understandable for hobby astronomers; but there is always the chance to dwelve deeper into topics and make it all the more challenging. Being able to buy or print out the textbook would be brilliant. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, PROFESSOR IMPEY & STAFF!

By Мария В Е

Jun 7, 2020

It was an amazing course! Thank you for all these days that I was spending home by learning new incredible things about our universe. All videos and texts were easy to understand and interesting to watch. Now I strongly decided, that astronomy will ever be part of my life.

Thank you, prof. Chris Impey and others!