Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

CR

I was delighted to take this excellent course, the level of detail was perfect, the content very complete, Chris Impey was brilliant in the way he presented and commented on all the aspects covered.

UA
Jun 26, 2019

Amazing introductory course and covers wide variety of topics ranging from history, to astronomy to astrobiology. Really great of amateur astronomers and for anyone who is remotely interested in it.

176 - 200 of 848 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Мария В Е

Jun 7, 2020

It was an amazing course! Thank you for all these days that I was spending home by learning new incredible things about our universe. All videos and texts were easy to understand and interesting to watch. Now I strongly decided, that astronomy will ever be part of my life.

Thank you, prof. Chris Impey and others!

By Lina B

Jan 30, 2020

I very much enjoyed the course and definitely would recommend to everyone who would like to learn about Astronomy, it's an extremely fascinating subject! Professor Chris Impey makes narrative interesting and entertaining, even if you are not familiar with the subject, you will understand what it is all about :)

By ZHOU S

Sep 24, 2015

This course covers a lot of interesting materials of astronomy, ranging from planets to galaxies, very suitable for beginners. Those who have trouble with maths don't have to worry, it's not part of this course. The length of video lectures are short, thus getting distracted during the lecture will not be easy.

By Yash S

Jul 17, 2020

This was the best course that I completed, It provided me with all sorts of answers that I was looking for, from a long period of time. All topics are covered beautifully by Sir Chris Impey. This is a very good course to quench your curious minds and get the answers and science behind everything in space-time.

By Steven H

Sep 18, 2015

An excellent course with a broad coverage of topics presented at a relatively sophisticated conceptual level but still easy to understand and requiring little math. A great starting point for getting a comprehensive overview of astronomy at its current stage of development with insights into future directions.

By Zareef J

Oct 27, 2020

I wish they have a specialization series course and this is the first course of that specialization and focusing on more specific topics about astronomy with in-depth explanation of different astronomical theories. Overall this course was helpful to know the basics. waiting for more courses from Chris Impey.

By Agrim G

Feb 11, 2020

My first course on Coursera and what can I say, "I doubt any other course can beat this one". Professor Impey is one of a kind and the way he teaches is truly breathtaking. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to develop an interest in astronomy or who wants to widen their horizon in this field.

By Maureen P

Nov 27, 2020

Course was great. Great set of slides, readings and the video lectures. Used many different modalities to illustrate points. I really like the tests and assignments, too. The peer reviewed writing assignments were really helpful in solidifying knowledge, though I see I may be in the minority in that regard!

By Simran K

Jun 12, 2020

This course, I must say, will be the best you ever have attended. Professor Impey is the best. His lectures are so interesting, you will never be bored and at the end of every week, you will feel real good like you actually learned something.If you like astronomy, this course is the best bet! Thank you all.

By Abrish G

Sep 12, 2020

The entire surface of Astronomy was taught in the most impressive way. The memes, movie clips, simulations and actual footage along with the course only goes on to make science very relatable and easy. Chris Impey just did an excellent job at inspiring amateur astronomers to venture out, above and beyond!

By Валентина Д

Jun 2, 2020

It was a very interesting and fascinating course. Professor Impey explains complicated topics very concisely and clearly. I think this is great professionalism - the ability to explain in simple terms your subject and to entice for as long as 11 weeks. I heartily recommend this course and this professor.

By Muskan C

Jul 5, 2020

It's a brilliant course for all amateur astronomers. Professor Impey keeps the language simple for everyone to understand but it helps if you have some knowledge in science. This course provides insight into all old and recent astronomical researches and was certainly very helpful and enjoyable for me!

By Mark W R

Jun 27, 2020

I have taken over a dozen courses and this is the best I've taken! Prof. Isley does have an advantage given the great graphics in astronomy, but this is set to be the definitive intro+ course to astronomy for a long time. I do have to add the the astronomy course from U of Tokyo used to be my favorite!

By Kyeong N C G

Oct 8, 2020

Here I thought it would just cover just high school basics of astronomy but good thing I was wrong since its a quite high level form of basic. Got to learn tons ranging from astronomy itself to chemistry and biology. I definitely recommend if you are into learning about space and the sky in general.

By AYUSH S

Astronomy has always fascinated me and so i joined this course with many expectations and this course stood above all my expectations. I learnt so many things through this course. Special thanks to Professor Chris Impey and all the teaching staff. It was an amazing experience of learning with them.

By Ravi N

Jun 19, 2018

Very good introduction to astronomy and astrophysics and great illustrations. The course provides a very good perspective not only about the field of astronomy and cosmology, but also about our place in the universe. The atomic and gravitational physics components were the best parts of the course.

By kiran b

its a great learning.professor has really explained well and his attitude and neutrality when discussing cultural and religious beliefs is really good.Finally i thank the professor and his team for introducing me to the observatory facility.I thank the organists for offering a course free of cost

By RASSEL N D

Jul 11, 2020

the course is really well built for any person to follow. really enjoyed the professors explanation on all the interesting topics. some were very new to me and I enjoyed the journey.

Well, i think this quenched my curiosity of the space and now i like to explore the learnt concepts in more detail.

By Frida E R O

Nov 27, 2020

This course is excellent, I have been fascinated with each week of learning. I would certainly take it a thousand times more. It is very well structured, it never gets tired and Chris Impey is one of the best presenters, his humor and his love for Astronomy make you fall in love with it too.

By Marian N

Jun 10, 2020

I am happy to have been able to study this very interesting area, which by the way is a bit close to my former profession (I am a nuclear engineer already retired). It was extremely interesting, informative, I repeated some things, but I also learned a lot of new things. Thank you very much.

By Andreea N

Aug 21, 2020

Considering it was an online course, I did not expect it to be as professionally organized and presented as it was. I gained such precious knowledge and a great amount of useful and interesting information. This course answered most of my questions about astronomy, satisfying my curiosity.

By john b

Sep 6, 2020

I enjoyed the live question and answer sessions with Professor Chris Impey. The course was comprehensive and an enjoyable introduction to astronomy. The projects were also enjoyable, especially the MicroObservatroy project. The course has inspired me to look for further astronomy courses.

By Jonathan J A T

Jul 4, 2020

This is probably the best thing I have experienced and learned because I really am in love with Astronomy, so I enjoyed every single video and quiz. And of course, Chris Impey is the most awesome professor for this, he knows so much and I could understand clearly everything he taught me.

By Anastasiia B

Dec 28, 2016

Clear explanations even for foreigners and lots of interesting interactive materials. The course will fit also for absolute beginners like I am. Very interesting lectures and I continue to watch online Q&A conferences with the Prof. with great pleasure! Thanks a lot! I had a lot of fun.

By Amit M

May 12, 2020

This course is a tour-de-force. It's grand in scope and covers pretty much everything I could think of. It showed me the wonders of the amazing Universe we live in. Thanks, Prof. Chris Impey. You are an amazing teacher. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested to learn Astronomy.