Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

WB
Dec 14, 2020

I really enjoyed working through the modules of this course. The material was interesting and enlightening. The self-paced format worked well for me and I will look for similar courses going forward.

AM
Mar 12, 2021

176 - 200 of 1,013 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Nupoor j

Jul 7, 2020

My first and best astronomy learning experience. The course was like storytelling and required great attention and listening skills. It was fun in beginning and turned into big knowledge basket head scratching lot of mental work. But it was crazy learning.

Profesor Chris have created a very attractive and systematic course.

Thankyou for such a lovely space ride.

By Nico W

Apr 3, 2018

Naturally, I would rate this 5 stars. It was an excellent introduction - not only to the subject matter, but also to Coursera.

I will definitely do more courses - hopefully more by Professor Chris Impey. Remarkable tutor, people able to attend courses with him in person are fortunate.

Coursera is an amazing platform, and I will be doing many more courses

By Bob R

Dec 20, 2020

A wealth of information about very complex subjects, brought to you in a very understandable manner.

Chris Impey has probably triggered entheusiasm in a lot of students following this course.

The "understandable manner" argument does mean the quiz tests are relatively easy and test you mainly on whether you understood the concepts. They are not very hard.

By Md. I M

Jun 5, 2020

One of my best course ever in my life. Because this astronomy is my curiosity from when i'm teenager. Even,to explore the knowledge about universe & its imaginary activities always attract me & further it will always astonished me.I have a dream to go to NASA & work for explore the solar system at the same time with gather vast space knowledge also....

By Aartikanwar M S

Aug 14, 2020

Amazing course. Every topic is covered with amazing explanation by prof. Chris Impey . This course covered probably every basic topic of astronomy. "physics ,biochemistry , history , evolution, and future of stars "course covered very thing perfectly with great explanation . I recommend this course to very one who is interested in astronomy. Thank you

By Janice S

Feb 2, 2021

HIGHLY Recommended Course. My perception of the universe will never be the same. From a practical point of view, this course has enabled me to read scientific journals and news articles with a better understanding of the content. For those who love to think this course introduces enough material to ignite your passion for the mystery of life itself.

By sanket g

Apr 18, 2020

Awesome experience and good leading experience gain for me, without courser it won't be happen Specially about this course Chris Impey is the good Instructor, good Scientist, and good Researchers In the whole life. l learn lots of things like connection between Human earth, their nature and the Space history at home in India. Thanks for everything.

By Shubham M

Mar 22, 2021

It was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. The teacher really explained everything well and the graphics were pretty darn good. Being an amateur in astronomy, I now have some knowledge about it and it will surely help me with my career. Thank you, Professor Impey, and the team. Also, thanks to Coursera for bringing this course. I really appreciate it.

By Shane D F

Sep 23, 2020

I am very much thankful to Prof. Imphy and his team for creating a wonderful course which covers almost all the topics in astronomy which has given me more knowledge and understanding about the topics in astronomy. I strongly recommend this course to those who are curious about space and also for those who want to start a new career in astronomy.

By Gill R

Aug 1, 2020

I loved the course. Only thing I would say is that I would sometimes use the subtitles which were sometimes incorrect (compared to what Professor Chris Impey was saying). Also, I've paid for a certificate and there doesn't seem to be any information on how or when I will receive it?

Overall a very interesting and inspiring course.

Thank you!!

Gill

By Alex M

Jul 19, 2020

It was a really good course, i learned a lot and it motivated me to research and learn more on the things that were most interesting to me. It would be good for the videos to show the date they were recorded in, for the sake of accuracy because i noticed some projects have already been launched and the videos mentioned them as "in the future".

By Carlos M

Jun 20, 2020

Course starts form very basic contents up to cosmology, astrobiology and so on. It is important to take in mind that reading materials contain a lot of information therefore additional time has to be dedicated in order to read everything, time it takes to read supplementary material does not mach with the time specified when a lesson starts,,

By Kanchi S

Aug 25, 2020

Amazingly fantastic course. I love this course from the depth of my heart. I have experinced and learnt a lot more about the universe and discovered a lot of unknown knowledge regarding astronomy. Astronomy has however been my forever love. But to say for sure, this course helped me love my passion even more. I will miss doing this course.

By Gavin A

Jul 31, 2020

The professor, Chris impey was a very good teacher. He explained everything in the wide variety of things I learned from this course with amazing detail and made sure everyone understood. The course taught me many amazing things I hadn’t known before, and I would definitely recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn about astronomy.

By Iain T

Dec 8, 2019

An incredibly diverse, interesting course delivered in an easy to understand way by Professor Impey. The weeks just keep getting more interesting, and the ideas more abstract and on the frontier of current research. Would wholeheartedly recommend for anyone even vaguely interested in any aspect of astronomy - it's definitely worth doing.

By GARY B

Oct 8, 2020

Great introduction to astronomy. Clear explanations, good video content to enhance understanding and recall of the points being made, and good course structure(quizzes, writing assignments, and ability to get feed back in the forums). Also, the professor is available to answer astronomy questions in weekly video conferencing format.

By Stephen B

May 3, 2021

Just fantastic. I enjoyed all of it and appreciated the range of topics, the inclusion of humour, the quizzes, writing assignments and activities were interesting and relevant. The opportunity to engage in current developments in Astronomy at the University of Arizona as a function of signing up for this course, is a wonderful bonus.

By Sofia C

Sep 28, 2020

Even though I have had read plenty of material about Astronomy, the course presented it in a pleasent and informative way whoch allowed me to study more, wake my curiosity and pushed me to investigate beyond that. Chris is such a carismatic person and I was happy to take this course and get to know him and encourage me all way long.

By arjun m

Jul 13, 2020

A very interesting course. For me the most interesting topic was Week 11 - Astrobiology. Prof. Chris Impey does a fantastic job of explaining everything in a fun and interesting way.

Since the science related to this subject undergoes so much innovation/development each year, i felt that the videos could be updated more frequently.

By Chintan M

Jun 9, 2017

An extraordinary course which generally attracts lots of space enthusiasts like me and develops the interest in astronomy to take it up as a career. Since its not easy to study these kinds of subjects thoroughly at bachelors level especially in countries like India, its really a boon for the people out there and across the globe.

Aug 7, 2017

Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space, is a fantastic course! It offers the most in-depth explanations with great diagrams and infographics related to astronomy and astrophysics. I would highly recommend this course for amateur astronomers and students who are interested in learning the nature of the solar system and the universe.

By Tom l

Jul 7, 2020

I thought the course went well beyond my expectations and provided me with not just the knowledge of Astronomy but a certain wisdom about it that I never would have imagined when I first signed up. I will look at the night sky differently and with more understanding than I ever have before. And in this way I want to learn more.

By keith k

Jul 30, 2020

Excellent lectures. Fair quizzes. WELL worth the effort for a broad astronomy background.

I recommend this one as opposed to others (e.g. Confronting the Big Questions, which include ridiculous tests). Prof Impey's pace and quizzes are supportive and aid learning.

Also, Prof Impey has regular live Q&A which are excellent.

By michael d

Oct 25, 2020

this is an excellent course ,i especially liked the final part on Astrobiology .Its bang up to date and well constructed . Had difficulty with getting images from the remote telescope .Should have better input for students to deal with problems by linking in with mentors or help chat lines. A thoroughly enjoyable experience .