Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

CR

I was delighted to take this excellent course, the level of detail was perfect, the content very complete, Chris Impey was brilliant in the way he presented and commented on all the aspects covered.

SM
Jul 1, 2020

Amazing introductory course and covers wide variety of topics ranging from history, to astronomy to astrobiology. Really great of amateur astronomers and for anyone who is remotely interested in it.

201 - 225 of 855 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Amit M

May 12, 2020

This course is a tour-de-force. It's grand in scope and covers pretty much everything I could think of. It showed me the wonders of the amazing Universe we live in. Thanks, Prof. Chris Impey. You are an amazing teacher. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested to learn Astronomy.

By Latha R K

Aug 21, 2017

Excellent course. The videos were very sharp and precise. The explanations we clear. Assignments were interesting and aided quicker learning. Quizzes were interesting too. This is a very good course for anyone who wants to expand their knowledge horizon in understanding space and time.

By Allison B

Oct 5, 2015

I love the well-prepared, accessible style of the course. I also enjoyed how it progressed in building block style. I will be downloading and rewatching many episodes trying to absorb more information. I will definitely take it again next time it's around!

Thanks for all your hard work!

By Italo G

Nov 8, 2020

É apaixonante!

Astronomia é simplesmente apaixonante, do momento que sua ficha cai até o momento que você se forma e trabalha na astronomia.

Como sonhador da astronomia, eu recomendo com todo o meu coração e sou extremamente grato por este curso!

Requere no minimo um inglês mais fluente!

By free f g

Jul 10, 2020

This course was amazing and has a lot of informations for those who wants to study astronomy and to do something new. In these days of lock down it helped me to know about the universe and to explore my self. I would like to thanks to professor Impey for such an extraordinary course.

By Agapito D V C J

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you very much for this course!

I've learned a lot in every week!

There are so many information!

The quiz is from easy to difficult which needs to understand before answering it!

I hope many teachers/students will finish this course for their knowledge improvement about Astronomy.

By Ashwin S

Jul 12, 2020

Spent a worthy time throughout the duration of the course. All the explanations were concise and understandable for a novice like me aiming to explore the space in the near distant future. An awesome place to start with! The perfect launchpad for future aspiring space enthusiasts.

By Penny H

Jul 15, 2020

An excellent introductory course. My only comments were that some of the slides were out of sync with the videos but that wasnt a huge problem and the Teach Astronomy book is not easy to read from an ipad. But a great 1st course for me and I will look for more. thanks Penny

By Deep B

Jun 26, 2020

My love for astronomy just got more interesting with this course. This was my first course on Coursera and I must say that Professor Chris Impey really takes this subject to a whole new level of understanding. I will definitely go for another course on Astrobiology made by him

By David S

Jun 12, 2020

It has been a very enjoyable and interesting course. I think prof Chris Impey has done a very good job on communicating this subject to an audience that doesn't have to come from a scientific background. I'll follow him on social media to keep track of what he has been doing.

By Lena

Feb 24, 2020

I thought I knew about astronomy but this course answered so many questions I had and also made me able to explain certain subjects on the matter to my friends and family who got excited too. Really recommend it if you're into astronomy, space and want to know all about it!

By Hrishikesh P M

Jul 5, 2020

One of the best courses I've enrolled in. The simple presentation and inclusion of relative videos and documents are very appreciable and they are the best.

The course helped and motivated me to explore the science concepts very simply and learn more about those theories.

By SATTRAJIT M

Apr 28, 2020

Just the push I needed to explore the field. Professor Impey explained the fundamentals of astronomy in a simple notion when they are actually tremendously complex. I am greatly indebted to this course for helping me grasp a bit of my previously lost battle with Physics.

By chitra k

Jun 13, 2020

Videos of lectures by the professor Cherish Impey helped to learn about the field of astronomy about the planets ,galaxies, Milky Way ,black hole and the the universe.Very interesting and I acquired some basic knowledge in the field.Eager to do more courses In Coursera

By sakib a

May 9, 2020

Astronomy is the subject of fascination for me since my childhood. I always wanted to learn about the universe. This course has exceeded my expectations. All the lecture videos and other contents were excellent.

And honestly, I am kind of sad that this course has ended.

By Abdurahman S

Oct 8, 2015

I really like the way the videos were made, it's literally like a 1-1 session wiv the professor himself. I have learnt a lot in the process of completing each assignment, also it has done nothing but build my love for astronomy and space itself even further than it was.

By Ayron D

Feb 27, 2019

Some of the videos were very strange, and seemed to detract from the learning atmosphere, such as the one with the planets with faces and rap music with old scientists in black and white cartoons. The class would be more professional without these videos in my opinion.

By Nenad R

Jul 1, 2019

It's just great! Perfectly suited for beginners as it decomposes hard questions into a small, digestible chunks, and it sparks your creativity! After this course, you'll start looking into the sky more, and walk the planet Earth with a different feeling in your gut.

By Graham L

Sep 18, 2020

I found this course to be a useful summary of current knowledge on the universe. There were a number of areas where more mathematics could have been useful to me but I recognise that the intention was not to give full mathematical justifications - just an overview.

By Çağla T

Jun 25, 2020

For all degrees of knowledge, this course provides a perfect overall look to astronomy, leaving some things to search on your own. It was really exciting to learn so much things about not just astronomy, also about matter and some interesting theories of physics.

By Dominic B

Jun 18, 2020

What an amazing journey this course has been. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying astronomy with Professor Chris Impey. I already have a degree in Physics, but this course has brought me bang up to date with the last 30 years of astronomical discovery. Incredible!

By Michelle

Oct 23, 2020

great course, it is sometimes difficult to understand giving all the physics involved in. but with some dedication and scientific curiosity you can get over the physics concepts and enjoy and learn about our universe and our place within it

I really enjoyed a lot

By Alexander P

Jul 12, 2020

It is an exciting and cognitive course about astronomy that covers all topics we might hear about the Universe. It gives a clear understanding of what is going on out there and what we already know. Do not expect deep science there, it is an introductory course.

By Alix F

Dec 17, 2015

This is an excellent course. I have learnt a great deal and found the course easy to follow when broken into bite size chunks. The quizzes and coursework have reinforced my learning. I would recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn about our universe.

By Antonio g d

Apr 8, 2020

Excelente profesor con unos conocimientos muy amplios y explica muy bien . Yo no tengo la suerte de saber ingles y antes de comenzar lo traduzco al español con google y luego le sigo a el de esta forma le entiendo bastante bien .

muy agradecido