Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

WB
Dec 14, 2020

I really enjoyed working through the modules of this course. The material was interesting and enlightening. The self-paced format worked well for me and I will look for similar courses going forward.

AM
Mar 12, 2021

226 - 250 of 994 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Alessandro S

Jan 4, 2021

A complete course about astronomy, history of science, scientific method, astrobiology, cosmology, etc.

I found this course very stimulating for studying, observing, searching ...

Finally some contributes (little movies, songs, sketches, interviews) are very nice and funny.

Thanks to Prof. Impey !

By Frida E R O

Nov 27, 2020

This course is excellent, I have been fascinated with each week of learning. I would certainly take it a thousand times more. It is very well structured, it never gets tired and Chris Impey is one of the best presenters, his humor and his love for Astronomy make you fall in love with it too.

By Marian N

Jun 10, 2020

I am happy to have been able to study this very interesting area, which by the way is a bit close to my former profession (I am a nuclear engineer already retired). It was extremely interesting, informative, I repeated some things, but I also learned a lot of new things. Thank you very much.

By Andreea N

Aug 21, 2020

Considering it was an online course, I did not expect it to be as professionally organized and presented as it was. I gained such precious knowledge and a great amount of useful and interesting information. This course answered most of my questions about astronomy, satisfying my curiosity.

By john b

Sep 6, 2020

I enjoyed the live question and answer sessions with Professor Chris Impey. The course was comprehensive and an enjoyable introduction to astronomy. The projects were also enjoyable, especially the MicroObservatroy project. The course has inspired me to look for further astronomy courses.

By ratnakar l d

Apr 11, 2021

i truly indebted to course era for offering such an course on Astronomy. After the completion of course i can not only under the scientific jargons of Astronomy published in articles / journals published across the world but also discuss with my fellow members on the topics of interest.

By Jonathan J A T

Jul 4, 2020

This is probably the best thing I have experienced and learned because I really am in love with Astronomy, so I enjoyed every single video and quiz. And of course, Chris Impey is the most awesome professor for this, he knows so much and I could understand clearly everything he taught me.

By Anastasiia B

Dec 28, 2016

Clear explanations even for foreigners and lots of interesting interactive materials. The course will fit also for absolute beginners like I am. Very interesting lectures and I continue to watch online Q&A conferences with the Prof. with great pleasure! Thanks a lot! I had a lot of fun.

By Amit M

May 12, 2020

This course is a tour-de-force. It's grand in scope and covers pretty much everything I could think of. It showed me the wonders of the amazing Universe we live in. Thanks, Prof. Chris Impey. You are an amazing teacher. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested to learn Astronomy.

By Latha R K

Aug 21, 2017

Excellent course. The videos were very sharp and precise. The explanations we clear. Assignments were interesting and aided quicker learning. Quizzes were interesting too. This is a very good course for anyone who wants to expand their knowledge horizon in understanding space and time.

By Allison B

Oct 5, 2015

I love the well-prepared, accessible style of the course. I also enjoyed how it progressed in building block style. I will be downloading and rewatching many episodes trying to absorb more information. I will definitely take it again next time it's around!

Thanks for all your hard work!

By Arturo E A G

Apr 12, 2021

Es una buena actualización de diferentes temas de astronomía. Muy bueno para aficionados al tema que quieran ir un poco más de la simple divulgación y quieran mojar sus pies en el metodo científico y como este se usa para llegar a las ideas mas actuales en la astronomía y astrofísica.

By Italo G

Nov 8, 2020

É apaixonante!

Astronomia é simplesmente apaixonante, do momento que sua ficha cai até o momento que você se forma e trabalha na astronomia.

Como sonhador da astronomia, eu recomendo com todo o meu coração e sou extremamente grato por este curso!

Requere no minimo um inglês mais fluente!

By Oscar R

Jan 18, 2021

This is a fantastic course from start to finish, I only wish it was longer. However, we are fortunate to have more courses from Professor Impey and his great team here in Coursera, such as the Astrobiology one in which I just enrolled. Many thanks to everybody who made this possible.

By free f g

Jul 10, 2020

This course was amazing and has a lot of informations for those who wants to study astronomy and to do something new. In these days of lock down it helped me to know about the universe and to explore my self. I would like to thanks to professor Impey for such an extraordinary course.

By Agapito D C J

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you very much for this course!

I've learned a lot in every week!

There are so many information!

The quiz is from easy to difficult which needs to understand before answering it!

I hope many teachers/students will finish this course for their knowledge improvement about Astronomy.

By Ashwin S

Jul 12, 2020

Spent a worthy time throughout the duration of the course. All the explanations were concise and understandable for a novice like me aiming to explore the space in the near distant future. An awesome place to start with! The perfect launchpad for future aspiring space enthusiasts.

By Penny H

Jul 15, 2020

An excellent introductory course. My only comments were that some of the slides were out of sync with the videos but that wasnt a huge problem and the Teach Astronomy book is not easy to read from an ipad. But a great 1st course for me and I will look for more. thanks Penny

By Deep B

Jun 26, 2020

My love for astronomy just got more interesting with this course. This was my first course on Coursera and I must say that Professor Chris Impey really takes this subject to a whole new level of understanding. I will definitely go for another course on Astrobiology made by him

By David S

Jun 12, 2020

It has been a very enjoyable and interesting course. I think prof Chris Impey has done a very good job on communicating this subject to an audience that doesn't have to come from a scientific background. I'll follow him on social media to keep track of what he has been doing.

By Keith A

Apr 7, 2021

Great beginners course on astronomy. Distinguished Professor Chris Impey's knowledge on astronomy is awesome!

I plan to enroll in another class taught by Distinguished Professor Impey, Exploring Other Worlds.

The only con I have towards the course are the peer graded sections.

By Lena

Feb 24, 2020

I thought I knew about astronomy but this course answered so many questions I had and also made me able to explain certain subjects on the matter to my friends and family who got excited too. Really recommend it if you're into astronomy, space and want to know all about it!

By Hrishikesh P M

Jul 5, 2020

One of the best courses I've enrolled in. The simple presentation and inclusion of relative videos and documents are very appreciable and they are the best.

The course helped and motivated me to explore the science concepts very simply and learn more about those theories.

By SATTRAJIT M

Apr 28, 2020

Just the push I needed to explore the field. Professor Impey explained the fundamentals of astronomy in a simple notion when they are actually tremendously complex. I am greatly indebted to this course for helping me grasp a bit of my previously lost battle with Physics.

By chitra k

Jun 13, 2020

Videos of lectures by the professor Cherish Impey helped to learn about the field of astronomy about the planets ,galaxies, Milky Way ,black hole and the the universe.Very interesting and I acquired some basic knowledge in the field.Eager to do more courses In Coursera