Back to Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space by University of Arizona

This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about modern astronomy. We will help you get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries while also providing support at an introductory level for those who have no background in science....

AM
Mar 12, 2021

I really enjoyed working through the modules of this course. The material was interesting and enlightening. The self-paced format worked well for me and I will look for similar courses going forward.

WB
Dec 14, 2020

226 - 250 of 1,038 Reviews for Astronomy: Exploring Time and Space

By Ravi N

Jun 19, 2018

Very good introduction to astronomy and astrophysics and great illustrations. The course provides a very good perspective not only about the field of astronomy and cosmology, but also about our place in the universe. The atomic and gravitational physics components were the best parts of the course.

By Dennis B

Aug 3, 2021

A very stimulating course; quite a bit longer than I expected but I learned a lot. Prof Empey is an excellent lecturer. The subject matter is broad and provocative. I've not done online courses involving quizzes, writing assignments, and peer reviewing but I think these exercises were valuable.

By kiran b

its a great learning.professor has really explained well and his attitude and neutrality when discussing cultural and religious beliefs is really good.Finally i thank the professor and his team for introducing me to the observatory facility.I thank the organists for offering a course free of cost

By RASSEL N D

Jul 11, 2020

the course is really well built for any person to follow. really enjoyed the professors explanation on all the interesting topics. some were very new to me and I enjoyed the journey.

Well, i think this quenched my curiosity of the space and now i like to explore the learnt concepts in more detail.

By Alessandro S

Jan 4, 2021

A complete course about astronomy, history of science, scientific method, astrobiology, cosmology, etc.

I found this course very stimulating for studying, observing, searching ...

Finally some contributes (little movies, songs, sketches, interviews) are very nice and funny.

Thanks to Prof. Impey !

By Frida E R O

Nov 27, 2020

This course is excellent, I have been fascinated with each week of learning. I would certainly take it a thousand times more. It is very well structured, it never gets tired and Chris Impey is one of the best presenters, his humor and his love for Astronomy make you fall in love with it too.

By Marian N

Jun 10, 2020

I am happy to have been able to study this very interesting area, which by the way is a bit close to my former profession (I am a nuclear engineer already retired). It was extremely interesting, informative, I repeated some things, but I also learned a lot of new things. Thank you very much.

By Andreea N

Aug 21, 2020

Considering it was an online course, I did not expect it to be as professionally organized and presented as it was. I gained such precious knowledge and a great amount of useful and interesting information. This course answered most of my questions about astronomy, satisfying my curiosity.

By john b

Sep 6, 2020

I enjoyed the live question and answer sessions with Professor Chris Impey. The course was comprehensive and an enjoyable introduction to astronomy. The projects were also enjoyable, especially the MicroObservatroy project. The course has inspired me to look for further astronomy courses.

By ratnakar l d

Apr 11, 2021

i truly indebted to course era for offering such an course on Astronomy. After the completion of course i can not only under the scientific jargons of Astronomy published in articles / journals published across the world but also discuss with my fellow members on the topics of interest.

By Jonathan J A T

Jul 4, 2020

This is probably the best thing I have experienced and learned because I really am in love with Astronomy, so I enjoyed every single video and quiz. And of course, Chris Impey is the most awesome professor for this, he knows so much and I could understand clearly everything he taught me.

By Anastasiia B

Dec 28, 2016

Clear explanations even for foreigners and lots of interesting interactive materials. The course will fit also for absolute beginners like I am. Very interesting lectures and I continue to watch online Q&A conferences with the Prof. with great pleasure! Thanks a lot! I had a lot of fun.

By Vishal M

Sep 23, 2021

The course was amazing. Prof Chris Impey was brilliant and his lectures were truly great. Would surely be in touch with him through his lectures on youtube. I have a great desire to spend a week or so at Steward Observatory. I request Dr Impey to give me an opportunity to visit. Thanks

By Amit M

May 12, 2020

This course is a tour-de-force. It's grand in scope and covers pretty much everything I could think of. It showed me the wonders of the amazing Universe we live in. Thanks, Prof. Chris Impey. You are an amazing teacher. Highly recommended to anyone who is interested to learn Astronomy.

By Latha R K

Aug 21, 2017

Excellent course. The videos were very sharp and precise. The explanations we clear. Assignments were interesting and aided quicker learning. Quizzes were interesting too. This is a very good course for anyone who wants to expand their knowledge horizon in understanding space and time.

By Allison B

Oct 5, 2015

I love the well-prepared, accessible style of the course. I also enjoyed how it progressed in building block style. I will be downloading and rewatching many episodes trying to absorb more information. I will definitely take it again next time it's around!

Thanks for all your hard work!

By Arturo E A G

Apr 12, 2021

Es una buena actualización de diferentes temas de astronomía. Muy bueno para aficionados al tema que quieran ir un poco más de la simple divulgación y quieran mojar sus pies en el metodo científico y como este se usa para llegar a las ideas mas actuales en la astronomía y astrofísica.

By Italo G

Nov 8, 2020

É apaixonante!

Astronomia é simplesmente apaixonante, do momento que sua ficha cai até o momento que você se forma e trabalha na astronomia.

Como sonhador da astronomia, eu recomendo com todo o meu coração e sou extremamente grato por este curso!

Requere no minimo um inglês mais fluente!

By Oscar R

Jan 18, 2021

This is a fantastic course from start to finish, I only wish it was longer. However, we are fortunate to have more courses from Professor Impey and his great team here in Coursera, such as the Astrobiology one in which I just enrolled. Many thanks to everybody who made this possible.

By free f g

Jul 10, 2020

This course was amazing and has a lot of informations for those who wants to study astronomy and to do something new. In these days of lock down it helped me to know about the universe and to explore my self. I would like to thanks to professor Impey for such an extraordinary course.

By Agapito D V C J

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you very much for this course!

I've learned a lot in every week!

There are so many information!

The quiz is from easy to difficult which needs to understand before answering it!

I hope many teachers/students will finish this course for their knowledge improvement about Astronomy.

By Ashwin S

Jul 12, 2020

Spent a worthy time throughout the duration of the course. All the explanations were concise and understandable for a novice like me aiming to explore the space in the near distant future. An awesome place to start with! The perfect launchpad for future aspiring space enthusiasts.

By Penny H

Jul 15, 2020

An excellent introductory course. My only comments were that some of the slides were out of sync with the videos but that wasnt a huge problem and the Teach Astronomy book is not easy to read from an ipad. But a great 1st course for me and I will look for more. thanks Penny

By Deep B

Jun 26, 2020

My love for astronomy just got more interesting with this course. This was my first course on Coursera and I must say that Professor Chris Impey really takes this subject to a whole new level of understanding. I will definitely go for another course on Astrobiology made by him

By David S

Jun 12, 2020

It has been a very enjoyable and interesting course. I think prof Chris Impey has done a very good job on communicating this subject to an audience that doesn't have to come from a scientific background. I'll follow him on social media to keep track of what he has been doing.