Back to Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life by The University of Edinburgh

Learn about the origin and evolution of life and the search for life beyond the Earth....

VS
Sep 15, 2020

A great opportunity to learn a lot of things especially in terms of seeking the origin of life here on our planet Earth and beyond in the vast universe. Thank you for the knowledge and everything.

KG
Jul 24, 2020

551 - 575 of 635 Reviews for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

By Mason W

Jun 1, 2020

Really interesting course- both scientific and philosophical. This course is a great overview of astrobiology and gives insight into a more niche area of science not offered at school.

By Luciano D

Nov 17, 2015

A very good course, very well presented and didactic.

It would be interesting if it were upgraded to the latest results (2013-2015)

regardless, I recommend it to everyone interested.

By Tina C

Mar 5, 2017

The syllabus needs a bit of update, as many new developments happened since this course was put together. Nonetheless, still very much relevant as an introduction to astrobiology.

By Rohan S

Sep 24, 2017

It is necessary to include the recent findings in Astrobiology and outcome of recent space missions. Probably a new module that includes these topics can be added to the course.

By Nancy M H M

Aug 15, 2020

Me gustó mucho el curso, es bueno para conocer las bases y es interesante el tema. SIn embargo, me gustaría que estuviera traducido para poder abarcar a un público más amplio

By Lahja S

Super interesting, well-made and a pleasant experience! Maybe a little bit annoying how old the course is. But I´d still recommend this to people interested in the subject.

By Charby O D M

Apr 16, 2020

The course is a really good start point in the study of astrobiology. Hopefully, there are more specific courses we can undertake in particular topics of this wide field.

By Ylah J C

Sep 3, 2020

I am a geologist, and this course in my opinion was more focused on Historical Geology. I expected more of the astronomy and SETI part. However, I enjoyed it very much.

By Martin K

Oct 4, 2016

This was a simple and interesting course I would love it to be a little bit broader and present the information in more context. But still excellent course.

By Simon B

Aug 18, 2015

Great introduction to the field of astrobiology. Captivating and very interesting - only problem is that it is too short. I would love to learn more !

By Julia C

Aug 13, 2015

This is a very interesting course looking at the rise of life on Earth and what that can teach us about how life may have emerged on other planets.

By Siddharth P

Jan 2, 2016

Loved the brief lectures and well structured layout. Definitely a must for those stepping into this wonderful area of multidisciplinary research!

By srivatsava

Nov 18, 2018

Excellent Course by The University Of Edinburgh. But some of Information Should be Updated based on current Data Like No.of Exoplanets etc.

By Karla E

Aug 27, 2020

I think the course should be updated, since it is almost 10 years old and there have been changes in the studied field in the past decade.

By Brenda K M G

Aug 18, 2020

COSAS MUY BÁSICAS SOBRE LA ASTROBIOLOGIA, BASTANTE INTERESANTE Y GRAN INTRODUCCION A ESTA CIENCIA. sOLO FALTA ACTUALIZAR EL CURSO.

By Jose A M

Apr 7, 2020

Enjoyed very much this clear course. I recommend it for anyone interested in life, not only on our planet but elsewhere. Thanks.

By Ahmad B

Oct 28, 2015

Great course on a fascinating area of science. The presentation could have been a bit more engaging with some animations though.

By Nigel N

Mar 26, 2021

Very good for a beginner level course, but needs to be updated with newer information from recent discoveries to keep it fresh.

By Eliane K

Aug 24, 2015

Very interesting and informative to get a general overview. Could go a bit more in detail in some techniques and informations.

By Shona M

Mar 5, 2021

This was a great course, although I would like to see it updated to reflect current data. Update to the year 2021 please.

By Stephan G H

Mar 23, 2017

This is a good introduction about Astrobiology. I'll continue my research about this specific topic with lot of interest.

By Stefanos A B

Jun 4, 2016

I am really enjoying this course. The content is displayed clearly providing a good overview of what astrobiology is.

By Laura I C

Jul 25, 2021

Me hubiese encantado que fuera un poco más largo y profundizara mucho más. Algunos temas se tocaron superficialmente

By Teddie J

May 6, 2017

I found that this course covered the main topics of astrobiology. The course was a little dated, but not by much.