Back to Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life by The University of Edinburgh

Learn about the origin and evolution of life and the search for life beyond the Earth....

KG
Jul 24, 2020

A great opportunity to learn a lot of things especially in terms of seeking the origin of life here on our planet Earth and beyond in the vast universe. Thank you for the knowledge and everything.

VS
Sep 15, 2020

76 - 100 of 628 Reviews for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

By Dhananjay B

Sep 27, 2017

Very informative lecture narrated in a very simplistic manner. Professor Cockell do possess an uncanny method of communicating a very abstract subject in a extremely lucid and uncomplicated manner. Thank you for providing an insight for this very fascinating subject.

By Chandrasekar R

Jun 15, 2020

The course was very well designed to be an introduction to this vast and rapidly growing subject. I was able to understand and appreciate all the big questions that astrobiologists around the world are asking and also got a basic idea of what these questions entail.

By Myriam R

Dec 4, 2019

It is a great course but the understanding of the concepts is a bit hard for a non-scientific students. You should probably announce more time to count the learning time. Also it got a little outdated but it still discusses very interesting and influencing matters

By Chris D

Jun 18, 2020

The course was interesting and informative. The length of videos and quiz content were appropriate. The instructor was easy to listen to and understand. I also enjoyed to the supplementary "Pandemic Series" lectures that were posted by the instructor on YouTube.

By Hung D T

Apr 24, 2020

The professor does a very nice job of presenting information in a clear and logical fashion. He's measured in his approach sticking to evidence, and also presenting reasons to be cautious. Take careful notes because most details discussed ends up on the quiz.

By Lynn B

May 16, 2018

Great course. Only major complaint is that the easiest resolution to the Fermi paradox (i.e. "we've searched very little of the cosmic search space for messages") was not mentioned and that there was no mention of the possibility of postbiological societies.

By Shayin C

Aug 17, 2015

A simple yet extensive overview of Astrobiology. The learned Professor has managed to communicate the grandeur and excitement of Astrobiology without intimidating us with technical details, yet not leaving out anything.

A great effort and accomplishment.

By Aravind R

Jan 23, 2017

Very interesting course. A good introduction into Astrobiology, for an aspiring Space student like me. Well worth the time, short lectures. Summary after each course is the best part. I will come back and watch the videos. Thank you, Professor Charles!

By Angelina W

Jan 2, 2017

General introductory course to astrobiology. Concepts are explained simply enough for anyone to understand, but the course omits detailed physics so advanced students might find the course lacking. Course is very approachable for first time students.

By Tejas B

Oct 15, 2016

Sir Charles cockell,thank you for such an amazing and beautifully designed course on astrobiology.Theres so much that I learnt from it.Wish to meet u and take up more courses related to this amazing science...you are my inspiration sir.Thank you.Tejas

By Nora D

Nov 26, 2016

Although the course doesn't seem to be practically used because we haven't found any ET Life yet.I have learnt so much about Astrobiology. It also reminds me, an Aerospace Engineering student to prepare for the coming of aliens.\(^o^)/YES!\(^o^)/YES!

By Sukesh S

Dec 10, 2016

Mr. Cockell is the best. His teachings is so good and it can be seen that he is so passionate about the Astrobiology and he is very engaging. It is like story telling. The concepts are so clearly given and the assessments do question your knowledge.

By Jorge P L

Oct 18, 2018

It's amazing how we are improving on the search for extraterrestrial life, it's also pretty interesting how this set of lectures introduces you to this incredible world.

I only say thanks for being so nice and accurate with the explanations. See ya'

By Gerardo N R

May 3, 2021

Soy estudiante de Biología Molecular, y sin duda alguna este curso me encanto. Lo encuentro muy completo e interesante.Las sesiones son muy digeribles y fáciles de entender. Lo recomiendo a todo el publico, pero mas a mis futuros colegas biólogos.

By Jon N

Jun 18, 2020

Very comprehensive and well rounded introduction to the interesting subject of Astrobiology and all the elements and questions posed around life, evolution of life and life on other planets.

I very much enjoyed these online lectures. Thank you.

By Sebastián G K

Nov 7, 2015

Un curso muy didáctico. El solo hecho de que el profesor Charles Cockell se haya grabado a sí mismo explicando las clases denota profesionalidad y facilidades para el estudiante. El inglés se entiende perfectamente. Enhorabuena por este curso.

By Dimitris S

Feb 10, 2021

Although the course needs an update module it is strongly recommended from a fresh start in this field of science. I enjoyed most the ''what have we learned'' sections of the videos although a transcript is needed for all this knowledge.

By Yean D

Jul 1, 2020

Course content was amazing. Those who are completely amature or academically far away from astronomy but has interest to learn about space and human space missions, I strongly recommend. You will learn lots of new and fascinating staffs.

By Bryn H

Aug 16, 2015

Great course! I learned so much about this immensely interesting field. I would recommend it anyone. I am currently taking classes mostly about computer programming on Coursera but I saw this class and had to sign up. I am so glad I did!

By Fen Z

Aug 27, 2015

I would like to send my thanks to the professor for sharing the course and all the assistants for the efforts you have done. The classes are very interesting and I enjoyed my time while following the classes as well as doing the quiz.

By Stephen D

Sep 7, 2018

Excellent. It`s very exciting to learn more about my favourite subject. The course is very good to follow but you must do your studying to achieve your pass on the examinations. I recommend it to anyone who likes all the sciences.

By Nediljko R

Sep 27, 2015

Wonderful course.

I took it just to satisfy my curiosity. I really enjoyed listening to the lectures and doing the quizzes. Many thanks to the professor for taking the time to make it.

I would be happy to see a more advanced version.

By José E H C E

Apr 18, 2020

This is a really interesting introduction course. I've enjoyed every single lecture I took and I have learnt a lot. I am happy to have started my learning on this field and I'll definitely continue learning. Thank you professor!

By Holly W

Dec 8, 2020

This is a very good course, even though it's a bit out dated. The Aerosibo dish has collapsed, and we have far more proof of alien life than we did when this was made. Still it's a good beginner course. I loved it. Thank you.

By ZILL R D

I am very much impressed by this course and the way Prof. Charles teaches. I am hoping to become a future astrobiologist. And without a doubt, this course has helped me in an innumerable way. Thanks again, Professor Charles.