Back to Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life by The University of Edinburgh

Learn about the origin and evolution of life and the search for life beyond the Earth....

VS
Sep 15, 2020

A great opportunity to learn a lot of things especially in terms of seeking the origin of life here on our planet Earth and beyond in the vast universe. Thank you for the knowledge and everything.

KG
Jul 24, 2020

101 - 125 of 570 Reviews for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

By Annick D

Sep 5, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I thought the pace was just right, and the quizzes were just challenging enough to make me review the content more thoughtfully. Thank you for making this course accessible!

By Kateryna S

Oct 6, 2015

Extremelly interesting material and good wrapping, I enjoyed watching lectures. Guess I'll continue studying biology as the course made me think about things and I need more info. Thanks a lot, great course

By Carlos A B G

Jan 6, 2019

Realmente es un curso que te introduce perfectamente en la cultura científico y en lo personal me ha motivado a continuar en el mundo de la Astrobiología para entender de una mejor manera nuestro universo.

By Michele R

Oct 4, 2015

Fantastic class. Shows the need for interdisciplinary studies and why space exploration is essential to understanding how life began on earth. The lecures are interesting and the concepts well explained.

By Aarn A

Aug 26, 2020

Interesting venture into a speculative field. Lecturer was very easily-understood. Some of the quiz questions referred to esoteric information eg. knowledge of galilean moons of (which planet)? I forgot

By Romeo I L R

Oct 19, 2020

I'm from latinoamerican, in my country nobody know what is astrobiology, the when i see this course i think i need to learn that. Thanks to all people that do this course I love astrobiology, than you.

By Denise H

Apr 23, 2016

It is an interesting and easy to understand overfiew of the topic. I recommend it for newbies to the topic and those who just want to refresh basic knowledge they might have gathered in other courses.

By Stig S

Feb 19, 2020

Very interesting Topics and well built course. Easy to follow the professors lectures. Highly reccomendable to all interested in the big question "Are we alone in the universe"

Stig Søraa, Oslo Norway

By Vidya S

Sep 16, 2020

By KING P C G

Jul 25, 2020

By Navya M

Apr 28, 2020

It was an absolutely amazing experience to delve into learning more on the subject and the several theories that constitute the core of a subject that elevates curiosity amongst any biologist!

By Ersy R G S

Excelente curso, te guía desde lo más básico hasta lo más sofisticado en los conceptos de evolución de la vida y como entender estos en otros ambientes distintos al de nuestro planeta tierra.

By Samuel G

Jul 15, 2020

This course is fascinating, accessible, and well-paced. It is short but packs a huge punch of information into that time. It does not require any technical skills or previous knowledge base.

By mohama y d

Dec 2, 2017

i have studied phisycs in syria and i have finish it after this great course i am realy thinking in master in astronomy or astrobiology master thank you very much for this amzing course :D

By EDWIN O C

Aug 25, 2020

Un curso que no se te hace pesado en algún momento y aprendes algo nuevo cada sesión. Sin duda espero poder aplicar mis conocimientos de química en el futuro orientados a a astobiología.

By Joaquin P G

May 3, 2020

It is a very good, well-structured course. I have learnt so much with it. However, it is designed for beginners, in terms of biology and science. Nevertheless, it has been very useful.

By Rajeshwari

Jan 30, 2020

I'm not sure of how old the course is, but an update now and then would do wonders!

Its a course that is structured carefully, so we can learn to the best of our abilities!

By Rebeca M

Nov 15, 2015

I developed a keen interest in Astrobiology after reading one of Dan Brown's books and this course has nurtured my interest. It has made me sure of what I want to pursue in the future.

By Momendes F d S

Oct 27, 2015

A good idea about how begin and the evolution of life in our world and possible habitable extraterrestrial worlds in our solar system or planets orbiting stars, based in our own world.

By Maciej K

Aug 11, 2015

i've learned tons of new things. i would like to have more materials on the subject. could the staff attach some recommended readings? other courses? than you for making this course :)

By Paolo A

May 5, 2020

Amazing course, very interesting topic and was delivered in a clear and concise way, I really enjoyed it and will definitely be looking at other courses from Professor Charle Cockell.

By Alexandra K

Mar 23, 2018

There are no words, I am so grateful and excited that I took this course. It helped me answer all these questions that I have always had. Thank you professor and coursera community!

By Philip M

Good, I liked but from some of the lectures I guess it was recorded around 2012, and in this field this is starting to feel a bit dated, and may need updating in certain areas now!

By Roland U

Oct 5, 2017

Jee, that was really interesting ! Professor Cockell explains the material in a very enthousiastic way. Good and nice voice to listen to. The course also has a very good structure.

By Darlly R

Nov 22, 2015

It is very important to me to understand other things about the Universe. It's a complementary knowledge over the geology , that is the course that I made before in the University.