Back to Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life by The University of Edinburgh

Learn about the origin and evolution of life and the search for life beyond the Earth....

VS
Sep 15, 2020

A great opportunity to learn a lot of things especially in terms of seeking the origin of life here on our planet Earth and beyond in the vast universe. Thank you for the knowledge and everything.

KG
Jul 24, 2020

101 - 125 of 631 Reviews for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

By Helen P

Oct 21, 2015

Really enjoyable course - this was my second time of taking it as I wanted to revise the topic. This time around I didn't have the time to engage in the forums as much, and found that I missed the lively discussions there.

By Apoorva C

Aug 24, 2020

A very good introduction to astrobiology. Structured, understandable to the novice, and well thought without unnecessary jargon. Highly recommended for anyone with an interest in astrobiology, space, astronomy and SETI :)

By Mariana A

Jun 13, 2017

Loved this course! For us that are not scientist the lectures were very easy to follow and the instructor makes it accessible and interesting. I definitely want to know more about the subject. I'm so sad that it's over!!!

By Craig L

Feb 23, 2017

AMAZING! Very very clear, easy for individuals with little to no science background to follow. Extremely interesting and spilling with knowledge. Hopeful for a further course to become available!

Biomedical Science student

By Miguel L

Apr 12, 2020

Loved the course, there is so much you can learn from these lectures. Highly recommended. If Edinburgh's University decides to make a reboot of this course 30 years in the future, i'm sure that my name will be mentioned.

By Will G

Jun 30, 2021

V​ery intriguing series of lectures about the search for life beyond our earth in the universe. Charles Cockell is an enthusiastic instructor that certainly makes me want to learn more about this fascinating subject.

By Yash G

Jun 27, 2017

I have learned a lot in this course and I'm so happy I took it...Mr. Cockell is a very good speaker and taught in a very simple yet effective way. A must do if you are considering astrobiology for your future career.

By Felicity L

Jun 15, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. The only observation is that some of the content is a little dated now (I participated in 2020). However, it is interesting to research the missions to see if they went ahead or not.

By Kamila R

Mar 8, 2016

This is a well-made course with interesting lectures and a great professor. I'm very passionate about anything "astro" related and this was for me an introduction into the field of astrobiology. Beginner friendly.

By Giampiero A

Jan 25, 2016

I'm already a Biology student, I took this course despite the language barrier because is not teached in many universities, I know Edinburgh has a long university teaching tradition, and I enjoyed the teachings.

By Joao L

Dec 16, 2015

Great course with excellent learning material and clear explanations. I learnt a lot and would definitely recommend the course to anyone interested in astrobiology and the search for life outside of our planet.

By Yan A

Jul 11, 2020

A very good overview, with many fascinating examples. However, it is largely outdated, and is in dire need of revision, at the very least in the lectures that reference flights that were due in 2013, 2015 etc.

By Eric P

Dec 24, 2016

Great introductory course on Astrobiology/Exobiology. It provides relevant background to understand what this is all about. I wish there would be more external pointers, recommended readings, and a next stage.

By Annick D

Sep 5, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I thought the pace was just right, and the quizzes were just challenging enough to make me review the content more thoughtfully. Thank you for making this course accessible!

By C E

Feb 28, 2021

Thoroughly enjoyed this course - thank you to the staff and production team responsible - it was absolutely fascinating. And a huge thanks to Professor Cockell for delivering the course with such enthusiasm.

By Kateryna S

Oct 6, 2015

Extremelly interesting material and good wrapping, I enjoyed watching lectures. Guess I'll continue studying biology as the course made me think about things and I need more info. Thanks a lot, great course

By Carlos A B G

Jan 6, 2019

Realmente es un curso que te introduce perfectamente en la cultura científico y en lo personal me ha motivado a continuar en el mundo de la Astrobiología para entender de una mejor manera nuestro universo.

By Michele R

Oct 4, 2015

Fantastic class. Shows the need for interdisciplinary studies and why space exploration is essential to understanding how life began on earth. The lecures are interesting and the concepts well explained.

By Aarn A

Aug 26, 2020

Interesting venture into a speculative field. Lecturer was very easily-understood. Some of the quiz questions referred to esoteric information eg. knowledge of galilean moons of (which planet)? I forgot

By Romeo I L R

Oct 20, 2020

I'm from latinoamerican, in my country nobody know what is astrobiology, the when i see this course i think i need to learn that. Thanks to all people that do this course I love astrobiology, than you.

By Denise H

Apr 23, 2016

It is an interesting and easy to understand overfiew of the topic. I recommend it for newbies to the topic and those who just want to refresh basic knowledge they might have gathered in other courses.

By Stig S

Feb 19, 2020

Very interesting Topics and well built course. Easy to follow the professors lectures. Highly reccomendable to all interested in the big question "Are we alone in the universe"

Stig Søraa, Oslo Norway

By Vidya S

Sep 16, 2020

By KING P C G

Jul 25, 2020

By Navya M

Apr 28, 2020

It was an absolutely amazing experience to delve into learning more on the subject and the several theories that constitute the core of a subject that elevates curiosity amongst any biologist!