Back to Fundamentals of Audio and Music Engineering: Part 1 Musical Sound & Electronics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Audio and Music Engineering: Part 1 Musical Sound & Electronics by University of Rochester

In this course students learn the basic concepts of acoustics and electronics and how they can applied to understand musical sound and make music with electronic instruments. Topics include: sound waves, musical sound, basic electronics, and applications of these basic principles in amplifiers and speaker design....

TK
Jun 23, 2020

This is a very good course for anyone who wants to learn about building speakers and amplifiers. it gives a very good foundation for many thing related to amplifier and loudspeaker building

JD
Jul 12, 2020

I loved this course. It tied together so many aspects of electrical engineering and physics. I love the theory and application coming together. I look forward to building the amplifier!

26 - 50 of 114 Reviews for Fundamentals of Audio and Music Engineering: Part 1 Musical Sound & Electronics

By Chekad S

Oct 20, 2016

Excellent Course. I can't wait for part 2 after this course. Thank you to instruction for sharing their experience and knowledge with us.

By Luiz C M M

Mar 13, 2017

Greate Course. An innovative, encouraging, motivating course, excellent teachers, intensive content. Excellent. Highly recommend.

By J.Ben J

Nov 28, 2017

very nice course to learn new something about the fundamentals of audio and music engineering, musicalsounds and eloctronics

By Satyaki C

Jan 12, 2021

Really felt great to know many technical things about sound , mostly requuired to make and reproduce good quality music

By Neng-Yu T

Jul 5, 2019

great course for guitar player and audio engineer that serious in sound and effects both in real world and in theory.

By Shivendu K

Aug 4, 2019

A lot of things to learn from physics of musicality to circuitry analysis of guitar pickups, Wah pedals, Filters.

By Eduardo C H

Feb 15, 2019

Excelente curso, gostei muito do que aprendi. Este curso foi de extrema importância para minha profissão.

By Artemy

Oct 27, 2016

Real pros telling the fundamental things. This course will open the door into music hardware guts.

By Roberto V A

Jan 14, 2018

Great course! Maybe the best MOOC I have ever done! I am looking forward for the second part.

By Juan P P S

Jan 15, 2016

I learned new exciting things about the technology behind guitars and pickups! Great course.

By Rich

Sep 19, 2018

I learned so much and I found it so interesting I think I am going to go through it again.

By Sorin A

Apr 27, 2017

in depth knowledge about Acoustics and Electronics. Great Course, highly recommended !

By vamsy k

Mar 20, 2016

I got to know the use of calculus in the real world and it is very exciting.

By Tom B

Oct 18, 2015

I never thought I'd learn so much in such a short period of time, thank you!

By Daniel F A L

Sep 9, 2019

An excellent course, very deep in music , electronic and sound design

By Czcibor H

Mar 1, 2016

A very interesting and useful course, and quite a demanding one, too.

By OMAR Y G

Apr 6, 2018

Great teachers to get all the information you need to be an expert

By Pratyush B

May 8, 2020

Brushed up my mechanics fundamentals for speaker cabinet design.

By Intext D

Feb 25, 2019

Keeping track with the basics and the professor is great.

By Maxwell K

Dec 8, 2019

Very challenging course to do. am inspired and educated

By Marco V

Dec 4, 2019

Excellent for introduction, a lot of good information

By Cristian J

Nov 2, 2020

I LIKE IT BECAUSE IS INTERESTING. Thank you coursera

By JOHN Q

Aug 12, 2017

Interesting and enjoyable course. Thanks so much!

By cristian d t f

Apr 24, 2017

really nice material and learning methodology

By sai m

Mar 3, 2021

very informative course really enjoyed it