Back to Fundamentals of Audio and Music Engineering: Part 1 Musical Sound & Electronics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Audio and Music Engineering: Part 1 Musical Sound & Electronics by University of Rochester

In this course students learn the basic concepts of acoustics and electronics and how they can applied to understand musical sound and make music with electronic instruments. Topics include: sound waves, musical sound, basic electronics, and applications of these basic principles in amplifiers and speaker design....

TK
Jun 23, 2020

This is a very good course for anyone who wants to learn about building speakers and amplifiers. it gives a very good foundation for many thing related to amplifier and loudspeaker building

JD
Jul 12, 2020

I loved this course. It tied together so many aspects of electrical engineering and physics. I love the theory and application coming together. I look forward to building the amplifier!

76 - 100 of 109 Reviews for Fundamentals of Audio and Music Engineering: Part 1 Musical Sound & Electronics

By Jose F R

Aug 21, 2015

great

By Gokul k

Aug 11, 2019

Good

By ARYA A

Feb 11, 2017

good

By Justin G M

May 31, 2016

good

By Roman P

Sep 24, 2015

!!!

By Lawrence F L

Oct 31, 2015

For someone without a couple of years of college or a technical school this could be way over your head. To much to learn in a short period of time. By eliminating all the basic engineering math tutorials and very simple circuit analysis the course would be more focused. It should be a prerequisite to have finished a pre-calculus course to allow for more in-depth presentation of the engineering material, especially the acoustics. However, it does cover a lot of the basics for understanding music engineering. I look forward to part two.

By Ewout D

Dec 13, 2017

The tests were not always showing the "right" answer for each question. This was very frustrating because you don't know it's not correct if you are not checking the discussion forum. Also Mark Bocko was giving the courses better then Mr Clark (personal preference maybe). He digged in deeper and made more things clear. Also his slides contained less text and more excercises.

By Diego M

Jun 27, 2020

Excelente curso! Aprendi demasiado, en especial sobre los amplificadores de guitarra ya que es un tema de mi interes, sin embargo, hay algunas respuestas en algunas pruebas que estan mal (segun los foros), de igual manera, me hubiera gustado que se metieran mas en los filtros ya que es un tema muy extenso y relativamente dificil. Sin embargo, recomiendo este curso

By Ernesto G M

Oct 20, 2016

For me, this is a very complete course, in my opinion it will be better for the students if you give to us a pdf documentation.

I have a digital notebook, so I want to follow the class with the slide in my notebook, but, in general, is a great course.

Thanks for taking your time reading this comment

Greetings from Mexico

By David D

Nov 19, 2016

The course was very enjoyable, nevertheless I would have expected to learn a little more about sound acoustics. The complementary exercises were helpful towards the understanding of the subjects, especially for the electronics parts.

By Jonathan C

Oct 11, 2015

Very informative course. I like the ocntent of it and how it progresses through it. However I think it can improve in termms of practical examples on the differences when changing values of parameters.

By Daniel F C

Apr 18, 2020

Interesante y se aprenden muchas cosas de electrónica, y da una base de acústica. Requiere eso sí, una buena base en matemáticas, y cierta destreza en cálculo. Recomiendo

By Tim V

Oct 2, 2020

As a non-engineer, this is a tough course but interesting nonetheless. Been an interesting journey. Nice lectures by the professors and great support was given as well.

By Ali Y

Sep 12, 2015

Good course for audio enthusiasts. A compilation of basic electric circuits and audio waves.

I enjoyed very much. Would be great if lecture notes were provided.

Thanks

By Brad T

Oct 23, 2016

As a retired EE this was a fun course for me to take, but it does cover a lot of territory quickly. I really liked the more practical aspects of the course

By Felipe H

Apr 11, 2017

Very interested information but I thought that the focus was for other thing instead a guitar amplifier

By Albéric d L

Feb 22, 2018

very good course, but I would have liked to go further in the detail of electric circuit

By Anshuman S

Jan 28, 2016

Great way to learn the science behind my passion

By D B E

Oct 13, 2020

The most awaited course in my life.